Cheb Khaled - Rouhy ya Wahrane

Thread: Cheb Khaled - Rouhy ya Wahrane

Tags: None

nahnou said:

Post Cheb Khaled - Rouhy ya Wahrane

Could anyone translate this song into English or French pleaze?
    Corrections to the arabic version are welcome as well :-)

Cheb Khaled - Rouhy ya Wahrane

Rouhy ya Wahrane rouhy besslama
    Elguelb li kan yebghik ana nekouih
    Da3ouet lejdoud ana rahi meblia
    Ejma3 li t3adda ana ra teddih

Febled warhane keterou lhozzya
    Lakhor menna ou ouahed melheh
    Ydellou ytaou3ou felboulisia
    Ouida tah ellil ana nkhaf a3lik
    Hetta el hemri oulla Chicago
    Ellil m3a nhar errsas e3ayat fih
    Ydellou ytaou3ou felboulisia
    Last edited by larosa; 07-23-2010 at 07:38 AM.

Zanzibar said:

Moroccans and Algerians speak almost the same dialect, but to translate a song depends on one's interpretation cause people can have different interpretations even if they live under the same roof.
    This is my interpretation of this song, and by the way, i loved cheb khaled since i was a kid, so i know who khaled is and what his lyrics are all about.
    But like i said, it's my own interpretation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SFlYuVmeXU

Rouhy ya Wahrane rouhy besslama....go Oran go, go goodbye
    Elguelb li kan yebghik ana nekouih...i will burn the heart that once loved you
    Da3ouet lejdoud ana rahi meblia....The prayers of our ancestors are like addiction
    Ejma3 li t3adda ana ra teddih....What got us together, i will get red off.

Febled warhane keterou lhozzya....In the city of Oran, a lot of gangs grew and a lot of arrivists..
    Lakhor menna ou ouahed melheh....one is from here the other is from there
    Ydellou ytaou3ou felboulisia.....They look for trouble with the police
    Ouida tah ellil ana nkhaf a3lik....And if the night comes, in ur place i would be afraid to walk alone in the streets
    Hetta el hemri oulla Chicago....Even El Hemri (a neighborhood in Oran) became like Chicago
    Ellil m3a nhar errsas e3ayat fih....Night and day, it's fighting, it's war
    Ydellou ytaou3ou felboulisia....They look for trouble with the police
    Ouida tah ellil ana nkhaf a3lik....And if the night comes, in ur place i would be afraid to walk alone in the streets..

nahnou said:

Oh thanks... well I like your interpretation :-)

Accordig to what you say it would be interesting though to read another translation to see what difference the interpretation makes, then?

well, if someone has another understandig of the song: go ahead pleaze! I'm curious.

Zanzibar said:

nahnou, you're welcome, me too im curious to hear other interpretations.
    I know that it's very difficult to translate the Maghreb Arabic dialect , unlike the classical Arabic from the mid-east, our Arabic is mixed with Amazigh, French, Spanish...
    it's too complicated.
    But Rai Music is in our blood, ask all Moroccans, Algerians and Tunisians, it's in our DNA.
    Just to explain some facts about this song, it was re-made after Cheb Hassni got killed, for those who don't know who Cheb Hassni was, he was a super star in Rai Music and from the same city ORAN as cheb Khaled and got assasinated by islamic insurgeants GIA (Islamic Armed Group) who were trying to overthrow the gvt of Algeria and were 100% against Rai Music.
    That's when Khaled left Algeria for France and remade this song.
    The original version attacked the arrivists, but this version attacked the terrorists.
    So it all depends on one's interpretation.
    Take care.

ELEEF said:

Well , first of all I've to say woow Zanzibar ! I'm really impressed by your informations about Algeria & believe me I'm algerian & I don't know that much about Khaled and Hasni " What a shame " Really , thank you =)

Hmmm Let's see :
    Well there's no other interpretation for it , Cause yours is exact
    & I just want to correct something :

And if the night comes , I get worried about you ( Talking to Oran , he gets worried about its situation because of fights & wars )

So in whole , he is talking about the terrible situation Oran & generally Algeria came to , because of gangs & people who came from villages besides the GIA

& I'd like to add what's left of the lyrics ^^' :

sh'hal nhebbek enti ya bniah
    O girl , how much I love you
    eh ejjibah ou ssak tetzaabel bih
    Swaggering with her skirt & bag
    draa'ha jouli kif l'poupiah
    Her arms are so lissome like dolly's arms
    ou-ida tah ellil ana nkhaf aalik
    & If the night comes , I get worried about you
    Last edited by ELEEF; 08-14-2009 at 02:54 PM.
    .. وذاك الذي لا يرى غيره
    ولا يجد الخير خيـرا ً اذا لم يكن خيره
    فــــــــراغ .. فـــــراغ

nahnou said:

Wink Vive le Rai - vive Khaled - vive cette chanson

Quote Originally Posted by Zanzibar View Post
    nahnou, you're welcome, me too im curious to hear other interpretations.
    I know that it's very difficult to translate the Maghreb Arabic dialect , unlike the classical Arabic from the mid-east, our Arabic is mixed with Amazigh, French, Spanish...
    it's too complicated.
    But Rai Music is in our blood, ask all Moroccans, Algerians and Tunisians, it's in our DNA.
    Just to explain some facts about this song, it was re-made after Cheb Hassni got killed, for those who don't know who Cheb Hassni was, he was a super star in Rai Music and from the same city ORAN as cheb Khaled and got assasinated by islamic insurgeants GIA (Islamic Armed Group) who were trying to overthrow the gvt of Algeria and were 100% against Rai Music.
    That's when Khaled left Algeria for France and remade this song.
    The original version attacked the arrivists, but this version attacked the terrorists.
    So it all depends on one's interpretation.
    Take care.
    I loooove this song so much... its really really really very beautiful, in fact I've been loving the song for years and years, and find it so great to finally get a translation. Thanx again and thanx also for the extra info which helps understand the lyrics. Merci, aichik, chokran and stay tuned... (unfortunately I don't understand how to put another smiley here...so pleaze just imagine one). Saha alik ??) !!!

nahnou said:

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ELEEF View Post
    Well , first of all I've to say woow Zanzibar ! I'm really impressed by your informations about Algeria & believe me I'm algerian & I don't know that much about Khaled and Hasni " What a shame " Really , thank you =)

Hmmm Let's see :
    Well there's no other interpretation for it , Cause yours is exact
    & I just want to correct something :

And if the night comes , I get worried about you ( Talking to Oran , he gets worried about its situation because of fights & wars )

So in whole , he is talking about the terrible situation Oran & generally Algeria came to , because of gangs & people who came from villages besides the GIA

& I'd like to add what's left of the lyrics ^^' :

sh'hal nhebbek enti ya bniah
    O girl , how much I love you
    eh ejjibah ou ssak tetzaabel bih
    Swaggering with her skirt & bag
    draa'ha jouli kif l'poupiah
    Her arms are so lissome like dolly's arms
    ou-ida tah ellil ana nkhaf aalik
    & If the night comes , I get worried about you
    Merci ELEEF, oui en effet il manquait quelques lignes, thanks for your help!

ELEEF said:

Oh De rien !Si je savais que vous étiez français(e) je l'aurais traduite en français x)

LOL et vous connaissez aussi quelques mots arabes Super cool , et bin n'hésitez pas à demander de l'aide n'importe quand vous voulez , on sera inshallah à votre service =)
    .. وذاك الذي لا يرى غيره

nahnou said:

Merci, je reviendrai surement sur ton offre! . C génial! oh, au fait on se tutoie (comme en anglais), non?
    J'ai déjà une autre chanson en arabe en tête dont j'aimerais avoir la traduction, il faut seulement que je regarde d'abord si elle n'a pas déjà été traduite sur ce site.
    pour moi les traductions en francais sont très bien, mais si tu traduis en anglais il y a peut-être des chances que plus de monde pourra en profiter? hassilu, en tout cas, moi l'anglais m'arrange aussi, même si je maîtrise mieux le francais que l'anglais (non, je ne suis pas francaise, mais je parle le francais). mes "notions d'arabe" sont du tunisien, malheureusement je n'ai aucune connaissance de l'arabe algérien (bon à part ce que j'entends dans la musique mais je ne comprends pas toujours). donc, bref et hassilu encore une fois: je suis hypercontente de savoir pouvoir m'adresser à une vraie pro maintenant!

ELEEF said:

Mdr , Ok on se tutoie Cool

Bah tu sais j'habite dans une ville situé à l'est algérien , ce qui fait que notre accent est un peu plus proche de l'accent tunisien , alors je pourrai meme te traduire des chansons tunisienne si tu veux x)

D'accord si tu la trouve pas encore traduite , ça me ferai plaisir de la traduire moi meme ^^' . Eh Oui t'as raison , l'anglais permettera à bcp de monde d'en profier .

Hahaha Wow c'est un honneur qu'on me voit comme pro Merci

( en faite , en tunisien vous dites hassilu comme bref ? Puisque en Algérie on dit hassul , Lol ça c'est drole ! Et je veux aussi savoir t'es d'où " si ça te dérange pas " ? )
    .. وذاك الذي لا يرى غيره

nahnou said:

Ya ochti, je suis très soulagée que ca marche pour la "tutoitation" , ouffff...
    et oui en tunisien c hassilu (par contre pour l'ortographe en lettres latines je ne suis pas sûre, j'écris comme je le prononce), donc c en effet proche du hassul algérien, mais en même temps c assez différent pour que moi, ne parlant pas l'arabe, j'aurais du mal a voir le rapport. au fait, quant à ta question: je suis allemande (donc si jamais il t'arrive de chercher une traduction de l'allemand ca me ferait plaisir de traduire pour toi).
    Au fait la traduction que j'avais en tête était Ya Rayah de Dahmane El Harrachi ,mais je l'ai déjà trouvée sous Rachid Taha et je pense que les paroles sont les mêmes. C sera pour une prochaine fois alors!

ELEEF said:

Aah Oué ,t'es allemande ! Peut etre un jour j'aimerai avoir une traduction d'une chanson allemande , alors Danke d'avance

En faite ma soeur est entrain d'apprendre l'allemand , et tout ce que je connais c'est Ich bin krank & danke LOL

Ooh "ya rayah" une trés belle chanson ! J'aurai bien voulu te la traduire , mais bon .. J'éspère que la traduction que tu as trouvé te plait !

Prend soin de toi et à bientot !
    .. وذاك الذي لا يرى غيره

nahnou said:

[QUOTE=ELEEF;635195][I]Aah Oué ,t'es allemande ! Peut etre un jour j'aimerai avoir une traduction d'une chanson allemande , alors Danke d'avance

Avec plaisir, à ton service!

En faite ma soeur est entrain d'apprendre l'allemand , et tout ce que je connais c'est Ich bin krank & danke LOL

Ouhhlala, c ca qu'on vous apprend?! bon, il y a un peu plus à découvrir encore :-)

Viele Grüße! A bientôt!

nahnou said:

Mhmmm, désolé, problèmes techniques avec la citation...
    au fait, encore une petite question: comment tu fais pour écrire en italiques?
    Bonne soirée!

ELEEF said:

Lol Mais c'est pas moi qui est entrain de l'apprendre , c'est juste ce que j'ai retenu de tout ce que j'entends

Et pour écrire en italique il te suffit de taper en meme temps Ctrl + I
    Pour Le gras : Ctrl + B
    Pour le souligné : Ctrl + u
    A toi de meme ! x)
    .. وذاك الذي لا يرى غيره

nahnou said:

Aaaah, d'accord, ca me rassure

... et comme ca je devrais pouvoir écrire en italique maintenant?!

nahnou said:

OOOuuuaaaiiis! Ca marche! C coool!!!
    Merci pour le conseil technique!

ELEEF said:

Lol ! Ravie de t'avoir aider =)
    .. وذاك الذي لا يرى غيره

helgah said:

Thanks a lot, merci beaucoup wa chokrane bezaaf (especially ELEF and Zanzibar), dear all, for the translation of this rai masterpiece !

This is a real "chef d'oeuvre" ! The old rai (annees 1980-1990) had this very striking power of singing harsh everyday realities, emotional sufferings, but also joy of life at the same time.

I think it is rather impossible not to be touched by this song, Khaled sings it with such fierce and emotional voice.

His old tube "Ma 3andi haja fennas" has the same emotional impact.

20. ellyali said:

help!

i feel so left behind. French and ???? please accept my condolences. such a pity an amazing singer. so please please there are some people madly in love with RAI example ME!!!
    anymore ?
    Elly always ears........