Με τα μάτια να το λες- Γιώργος Μαζωνάκης *

Thread: Με τα μάτια να το λες- Γιώργος Μαζωνάκης *

Tags: None
  1. dya said:

Default Με τα μάτια να το λες- Γιώργος Μαζωνάκης *

Aha, someone here made an offer and I just couldn't miss such an opportunity! Please appreciate that I've chosen a short song

Με τα μάτια να το λες(Say it with the eyes?)
    Αυτό που νιώθεις μην το κρύβεις
    μη με συντρίβεις, μη με συντρίβεις
    Με τα μάτια που με λιώνεις
    να το φανερώνεις, να το φανερώνεις

Με τα μάτια να το λες
    όταν καίγεσαι για μένα
    Με τα μάτια να το λες
    να το λες αγαπημένα (say it, my love?!)

Αυτό που νιώθεις στην καρδιά σου
    στα όνειρά σου, στα όνειρά σου
    Με τα μάτια σα μ' αγγίζεις
    να μου το χαρίζεις, να μου το χαρίζεις

Thank you!

2. Philadelphia said:

God all Mighty!!! You are GORGEOUS!!!

I have been laughing out loud reading your messages ... You are SUCH a blessing to me right now ... !!! ...

Ok! I'll get working then ... you tough task-master you!!!

3. dya said:

I'm delighted to see you're such an optimist person. Cause the step from blessing to nightmare will be very easy to take, as Γιώργος Μαζωνάκης has a loooooot of songs and I'm still learning....:0

4. Philadelphia said:

Lightbulb Short Is Appreciated!!! :)

Aha, someone here made an offer and I just couldn't miss such an opportunity! Please appreciate that I've chosen a short song

dya mou,
    Please, know that I give the "Greek in latin" ONLY in its "phonetic value" and NOT in a proper dictation of how Greek is written !!!

Με τα μάτια να το λες(Say it with the eyes?) yes, very well done!
    / me ta matia na to les
    Say it with (through) the eyes
    Αυτό που νιώθεις μην το κρύβεις
    / afto pou niothis min to krivis
    what (it is) you are feeling, do not hide it
    μη με συντρίβεις, μη με συντρίβεις
    / mi me sintrivis, mi me sintrivis
    do not crush me, do not crush me
    Με τα μάτια που με λιώνεις
    / me ta matia pou me lionis
    with the (those) eyes, which you melt me (with)
    να το φανερώνεις, να το φανερώνεις
    / na to faneronis, na to faneronis
    (make an effort to) reveal it, reveal it

Με τα μάτια να το λες
    / me ta matia na to les
    say it with (through) the eyes
    όταν καίγεσαι για μένα
    / otan kegese ya mena
    when you are burning (up) for me
    Με τα μάτια να το λες
    / me ta matia na to les
    say it with (through) the eyes
    να το λες αγαπημένα (say it, my love?!) very close, so again well done!
    / na to les agapimena here is used as an adjective
    say it with love (in other words, "say it in a loving way")

Αυτό που νιώθεις στην καρδιά σου
    / afto pou niothis stin kardia sou
    this (what it is) that you feel in your heart
    στα όνειρά σου, στα όνειρά σου
    / sta onira sou, sta onira sou
    in your dreams, in your dreams
    Με τα μάτια σα μ' αγγίζεις
    / me ta matia sa m' agizis
    (literally=)with the eyes as you touch me ("as soon as your eyes touch me")
    να μου το χαρίζεις, να μου το χαρίζεις
    / na mou to harizis, na mou to harizis
    (=)be giving (presenting) it to me, be giving it to me ("bestow upon me")
    (in Greek a "repetitive from present to eternity mode" is used (na harizis) to express a longing)

Thank you!

And you are very welcome indeed!

5. Philadelphia said:

May I ask why you have such a "hang up" on Mazonakis ... I mean I understand you already said you find his pronunciation good and helpful ...

There ARE more songs from OTHER artists that could also provide that

I suggest the Greek "New Wave Movement" as it is known ,,, a period between the 50's, 60's maybe even longer than that actually ... where lovely melodical music has been created and some "poems" (of the "real" kind, NOT the "3rd" kind) are being sung ...

6. dya said:

Ευχαριστώ πολύ!!!

Thank you for the translation AND the explanations. They really help.
    Don't bother to write "greek in latin" as I know the letters and I can read greek. Problems I have with understanding and speaking. Reading it's not an issue anymore. Besides, if I have a doubt about how to pronounce a certain word, I just listen to the song and find out in a most pleasant way

As for the title you gave to your reply: I was just trying to be nice and not to ask for much from the very beggining))

I've just seen your last reply so I'll answer to it here: besides the good pronounciation I also like his songs. Because it's music, not noise. So, basically, I just combine work with pleasure.

As for other artists, I'm sure there are a lot but I wouldn't know where to start my search I need a name and a title to know what I'm looking for. I'm picking up names and titles from this forum and others and go listening to the songs(that is, if I find them) but mostly it's about our days music. Μαρινελλα, Διονυσίου Στράτος, Νίκος Ξυλούρης(although his cretan dialect is not much of a help) are among those I found but I still need to find out which are their best songs. Also, I have a lot of sirtaki songs, cause that's something I knew to search for, but there are a lot of other "types" of greek music and I don't know what to look for!

7. Philadelphia said:

Well. I am a deep appreciator of Manos Hadjidakis compositions ... I repeatedly state that I find him to be the "Greek Mozart" ...

Many "performers" sang his music (and sometimes lyrics too), and new "versions" keep appearing from time to time ... although he IS a hard act to "follow" ...

I am afraid I am NOT a very internet literated person, however I do know of a website that "provides" Greek music and actually "delivers" all over the world, which for me is a "God sent" ... ! ... I have just made my first purchase from there, so I am keeping my fingers crossed to be "a good place to do business with", sort of thing ... So far, it has been Great ...

Oh! By the way, I AM aware that YOU don't need the "latin" version, as it is glaringly obvious you read in Greek
    I prefer to do it that way for the advantage of people that are not Greek Alphabet literated ... out of courtesy to them

8. Philadelphia said:

If that annoys you I will refrain from doing that "part"

9. dya said:

I'll look for compositions of Manos Hadjidakis. At least I have a name, now And I am an internet "addicted", so if it's there I'll find it!

Of course it doesn't annoy me if you write the latin version of a song. You're right about that being helpful for other people. I just didn't want you to bother doing it for me, as it was not necessary.