Σαν να είσαι εδώ - Γιάννης Πλούταρχος

Thread: Σαν να είσαι εδώ - Γιάννης Πλούταρχος

Tags: None
  1. dya said:

Default Σαν να είσαι εδώ - Γιάννης Πλούταρχος

Ok, girls! If I started the Giannis Ploutarxos “I AM SO HURT, CRY WITH ME” series of songs, I suppose this one is the natural next step! So in the first song I posted he noticed that she left, in this one he feels sorry for himself in the first standza, but decides to take action in the second!!! I think we should encourage this “pro-active” attitude, girls!!! Judge it by yourselves:
    YouTube - Giannis Ploutarxos - San Na Eisai Edo

As for the translation part, I would ask SOMEONE to make an effort and try to take the lyrics seriously and give me a hand with them!!!
    Παρακαλώ... και ευχαριστώ!

Σαν να είσαι εδώ As if you are here

Είναι στιγμές που η μοναξιά There are moments when the lonelyness
    μ'αγκαλιάζει δυνατά και με τρελαίνει η σιωπή embraces be tight and the silence drives me crazy
    και στο δικό μου το μυαλό and in my own mind
    ένα δωμάτιο κλειστό a locked room
    μοιάζει να είναι όλη η γη seems to be the entire world

Είναι στιγμές που ότι ζητώ είναι There are moments when all I ask for is
    να τρέξω να σε βρω και να σε πάρω to (for me) to run, to find you and to give you
    αγκαλιά the embrace ( to take you in my arms)
    και κάνω πρόβες τι θα πω And I make rehearsals what I will say
    μόνος μιλώ και απαντώ By myself I talk and I answer
    παίζω δυο ρόλους στα κρυφά I play two roles secretly(I play two roles but hiding this from the others, I do this when no one sees me)
    παίζω δυο ρόλους κάθε βράδυ στα κρυφά I play two roles every night secretly

Σαν να είσαι εδώ για μένα σου μιλώ As if you are here with me I talk to you
    σαν να είσαι εδώ τα βράδυα μου περνώ As if you are here the nights I pass
    σαν να είσαι εδώ παρέα μου κρατάς As if you were are you keep me company
    σαν να είσαι εδώ αγάπη μου ζητάς(*2) As if you are here you ask me love

Βγαίνω στους δρόμους σαν τρελός I go out on the streets like crazy
    χωρίς να νοιάζομαι το πως Without caring how
    θέλω μονάχα να σε δω I only want to see you
    αδιαφορώ αν με κοιτούν I don’t care if they look at me
    αν με λυπούνται ή αν γελούν if they feel sorry for me or if they laugh at me
    εγώ στιγμή δεν σταματώ I don’t stop (for a) moment
    και κάνω πρόβες τι κουβέντες θα σου πω And I take rehearsals what words I will say to you

Σαν να είσαι εδώ για μένα σου μιλώ
    σαν να είσαι εδώ τα βράδυα μου περνώ
    σαν να είσαι εδώ παρέα μου κρατάς
    σαν να είσαι εδώ αγάπη μου ζητάς(*2)

omorfi said:

This might be a song for lolkukus...
    "Ποιος ταξιδεύει στα μάτια σου;
    Και ποιός ξαγρυπνά στο κορμί σου;
    Μάτια μπλε στα μεγάλα ταξίδια σου
    Θα'μαι εδώ θα'μαι πάντα μαζί σου"

lolkukus said:

4. azimut said:

Quote Originally Posted by dya View Post
    Ok, girls! If I started the Giannis Ploutarxos “I AM SO HURT, CRY WITH ME” series of songs, I suppose this one is the natural next step! So in the first song I posted he noticed that she left, in this one he feels sorry for himself in the first standza, but decides to take action in the second!!! I think we should encourage this “pro-active” attitude, girls!!! Judge it by yourselves:
    YouTube - Giannis Ploutarxos - San Na Eisai Edo

As for the translation part, I would ask SOMEONE to make an effort and try to take the lyrics seriously and give me a hand with them!!!
    Παρακαλώ... και ευχαριστώ!

... ...

OK !!! ... OK !!! ... I "promise" to ... "try" to "take" the "lyrics" "seriously" ... !!! ... (am I "regretting" this, already ?!? !!! LOL !!!)

... ...

To be is to do - Plato
    To do is to be - Socrates
    Do be do be do - Frank Sinatra

5. dya said:

καλημέρα!!
    I'm around till about noon so...if someone has the time to ...take the lyrics seriously...LOL!!!.....εδώ είμαι!

Lolkukus, I didn't know you were "longing" for a "longing" song but I'm glad I offered it to you. Although I'm not glad at all that you need one. I'm waiting for the moment you'll ask for a song celebrating the joy of life accomplished through love. It will be a little hard to find such a song, as greeks seem to be always in pain (LOL!), but I'll start searching for one(SONG!!!), just in case! I hope that, by the time I find the song, you'll have found your way to happiness!

6. azimut said:

καλημέρα!!
    I'm around till about noon so...if someone has the time to ...take the lyrics seriously...LOL!!!.....εδώ είμαι!

Lolkukus, I didn't know you were "longing" for a "longing" song but I'm glad I offered it to you. Although I'm not glad at all that you need one. I'm waiting for the moment you'll ask for a song celebrating the joy of life accomplished through love. It will be a little hard to find such a song, as greeks seem to be always in pain (LOL!), but I'll start searching for one(SONG!!!), just in case! I hope that, by the time I find the song, you'll have found your way to happiness!

... ...

K a l i m e r a ... DYA mou !!! ... !!! ... !!!

... I am here for a "while" ... (how could I "stay away" from an "adorable dya" ... !!! ... ... ... )

... and ... at your ... "good turn" ... !!! ... !!! ... !!! ...

... ...

Last edited by azimut; 01-18-2007 at 01:59 AM.
    To be is to do - Plato

7. dya said:

καλημέρα!
    I'm sorry to hear that two essential things in life managed to "give" you a hard time!!

I won't be keeping you from your heavy schedule, I just wanted to know if the translation is correct, and according to your answer I might have one-two questions or...none!

But, if you're busy now, we can leave it for tonight. No problem from my part!

8. azimut said:

καλημέρα!
    I'm sorry to hear that two essential things in life managed to "give" you a hard time!!

I won't be keeping you from your heavy schedule, I just wanted to know if the translation is correct, and according to your answer I might have one-two questions or...none!

But, if you're busy now, we can leave it for tonight. No problem from my part!

... ...

My Goodness !!! ... Re dya mou, re ... !!! ... !!! ... !!! ... I am getting ... "accustomed" ... in "seeing" your "smiling face" ... in the "MORNINGS" ... and, it is "starting" to ... "worry" ... me ... !!! LOL LOL LOL !!! ...

Honestly, ... it is SO "lovely" to ... "be" ... "seeing" ... you ... !!! ... ... ...

... and, ... let me "do" this ... "quickly" ... before I "see" you "later" again !!! ... !!! ... !!!

... ...

To be is to do - Plato

9. dya said:

Here's another one ! LOL!
    Glad to see you, too!

And thank you for taking the time to revise my homework!

10. azimut said:

Firstly, ... I "hope" you realise, that I am NOT "making fun" of Ploutarhos ... (as he is ONLY ... "selling" ... his ... "commodities" ... !!! LOL !!!), ... but (and), to be "honest" ... it is the "guys" that ... "write" ... "these" ... "music" and "lyrics" ... that ... "crack me up" ... !!! ... !!! ... !!! ...

So, ... in ALL "SERIOUSNESS" ... (the one I can "afford at present" !!! LOL !!!), ... let us "see" ... ... ...

Σαν να είσαι εδώ As if you are here
    (then, what would be the "point" of the "song")

Είναι στιγμές που η μοναξιά There are moments when the lonelyness
    {"check", good "start" !!!}
    μ'αγκαλιάζει δυνατά και με τρελαίνει η σιωπή embraces be tight and the silence drives me crazy
    (embraces me tight and drives me crazy, the silence)
    και στο δικό μου το μυαλό and in my own mind
    {my GOD !!! ... he "has" one ?!? ... !!! ...}
    ένα δωμάτιο κλειστό a locked room
    (a "closed" room)
    μοιάζει να είναι όλη η γη seems to be the entire world
    {he is "having" THAT much "fun" ?!?!?!?!? ... WHAT ?!? !!! ...}

Είναι στιγμές που ότι ζητώ είναι There are moments when all I ask for is
    {what is to "follow", ... I "wonder" ... !!! ...}
    να τρέξω να σε βρω και να σε πάρω to (for me) to run, to find you and to give you
    (to run (so that I may) (to) find you and (to) take you
    αγκαλιά the embrace ( to take you in my arms)
    {yes !!! well, ... "bad timing" for "a new line" ... !!! LOL !!! ... or, maybe there was more "suspense", that way ?!? ... !!! ...}
    και κάνω πρόβες τι θα πω And I make rehearsals what I will say
    {"no comment"}
    μόνος μιλώ και απαντώ By myself I talk and I answer
    {... honestly, do I "need" to "add" anything ?!? ... }
    παίζω δυο ρόλους στα κρυφά I play two roles secretly(I play two roles but hiding this from the others, I do this when no one sees me)
    {I WONDER WHY !!! ... !!! ... !!!}
    παίζω δυο ρόλους κάθε βράδυ στα κρυφά I play two roles every night secretly
    {maybe the "second role", "needed" to "say" that "line" too !!! ... !!! ... !!!}

Σαν να είσαι εδώ για μένα σου μιλώ As if you are here with me I talk to you
    {I SO "wish" it was what you "wrote", dya mou ... but "this" is "merciless", I am afraid !!!...}
    (as if you are here, about ME I am "talking" to you) {... you "see" ?!?}
    σαν να είσαι εδώ τα βράδυα μου περνώ As if you are here the nights I pass
    (as if you are here, I go through my nights)
    {quite an "interesting" ... "notion" ... really !!! ... "considering" ALL US LOT !!!}
    σαν να είσαι εδώ παρέα μου κρατάς As if you were are you keep me company
    {yeah !!! ... I "get" that !!!}
    σαν να είσαι εδώ αγάπη μου ζητάς(*2) As if you are here you ask me love
    (as if you are here, [it is] "Love" you are asking [from] me)

Βγαίνω στους δρόμους σαν τρελός I go out on the streets like crazy
    {"like" ?!? ... !!! ... ?!? }
    χωρίς να νοιάζομαι το πως Without caring how
    {obviously, "not caring" about lots of "things" !!!}
    θέλω μονάχα να σε δω I only want to see you
    {but instead, "he writes this song" ... !!! ...}
    αδιαφορώ αν με κοιτούν I don’t care if they look at me
    (dis-concerned, if "they" are "looking" [at] me)
    {or, indeed, quite "thrilled" people "do" !!!}
    αν με λυπούνται ή αν γελούν if they feel sorry for me or if they laugh at me
    {you "see" ?!? ... "point is" ... to "make people 'LOOK' ...!!!" ... !!!}
    εγώ στιγμή δεν σταματώ I don’t stop (for a) moment
    {as if "he really needed to inform us" about "that" !!!}
    και κάνω πρόβες τι κουβέντες θα σου πω And I take rehearsals what words I will say to you
    {and we are "hopelessly" ... "watching" ... !!! ...}

Σαν να είσαι εδώ για μένα σου μιλώ
    σαν να είσαι εδώ τα βράδυα μου περνώ
    σαν να είσαι εδώ παρέα μου κρατάς
    σαν να είσαι εδώ αγάπη μου ζητάς(*2)

THERE !!! ... I HAVE "BEHAVED" myself ... haven't I ?!? ... !!! ...

Last edited by azimut; 01-18-2007 at 02:37 AM.
    To be is to do - Plato

11. azimut said:

Here's another one ! LOL!
    Glad to see you, too!

And thank you for taking the time to revise my homework!

AH !!! RE DYA MOU, RE !!! ... You do ... "melt" ... me !!! ... !!! ... !!!

... ... ... ...

And, you are SOOOOOOOOO "welcome" ... !!! ... !!! ... !!! ... =)

Last edited by azimut; 01-18-2007 at 04:50 AM.
    To be is to do - Plato

12. dya said:

I can't believe you did that to this song!!!!!!!!!! LOL! LOL! LOL!
    This is what you call "good behaviour"?!?!
    I still have tears in my eyes!! I am not sure if they are from feeling sorry for the poor man or from laughing too hard!!!

How can you be so cruel towards the man's suffering???? Unacceptable!! Have you at least seen the video?! Have you seen the actual pain he's going through? LOL!!
    And you could, at least, have appreciatted his effort of actually doing something to change the situation! LOL!!

As for Σαν να είσαι εδώ για μένα σου μιλώ (as if you are here, about ME I am "talking" to you), this is one verse I had problems with. First I thought it's something else, like: "I am talking to you to myself! Before starting laughing, I'm gonna explain the rationament: He is talking to himself pretending that he is, actually, talking to her. Then I felt this phrase is too awkard, and in fact, I was not convinced that "I am talking TO me" is to be translated by : μιλώ για μένα. Is it?

And thank you for your....KIND interpretation of these lyrics!!! Unforgettable, if I may notice!!! I'll never be able to listen to this song again without laughing at every line!!!! If you dare to do this with one Mazonakis' song....I'm not gonna say more!!! LOL!

Let me check if there are other questions!

13. azimut said:

I can't believe you did that to this song!!!!!!!!!! LOL! LOL! LOL!
    This is what you call "good behaviour"?!?!
    I still have tears in my eyes!! I am not sure if they are from feeling sorry for the poor man or from laughing too hard!!!

How can you be so cruel towards the man's suffering???? Unacceptable!! Have you at least seen the video?! Have you seen the actual pain he's going through? LOL!!
    And you could, at least, have appreciatted his effort of actually doing something to change the situation! LOL!!

... ...

YES !!! ... I HAVE ... "watched" ... the ... "video" ... !!! ...

You should "see" the ... ACTUAL "pain" ... I had to "go through" myself !!! ... !!! ... !!! ...

... AND, ...

What "exactly" ... "DID" he "do" to ... "change" ... the ... "situation" ... ?!? ... !!! ... !!! ... !!! ...

OH !!! YES !!! ... OFCOURSE !!! ... ("silly" Azim, re !!!) ... ... ... HE ACTUALLY ... "DROVE" ... to her "place" ... AND ... "KNOCKED" ... ON HER DOOR ... !!! ... !!! ... !!! ...

W O W !!! ... (Now, why didn't I "think" about ... "that" ... myself !!! ... !!! ... !!!) ... ... ...

... ...

Last edited by azimut; 01-18-2007 at 04:59 AM.
    To be is to do - Plato

14. dya said:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!
    You actually went to see the video!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!(I also know you went to see one Mazonakis video, yesterday....LOL!LOL!LOL!!!)))

And, more than this, you actually paid attention to it!!!
    Please, alow me to explain: first BIG point he scored was the decision to go to her. Gooood. Next: he drove TILL her(which means he didn't change his mind in traffic), then, he knocked at her door(which means he was determined) and the most important, which you'll never understand(LOL!) is that....he ...smiled at her...that smile of: let's not fool around anymore: i need you, you need me, I'm here.....I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU!!!!
    Now, this is indeed a profound song accompanied by a moving video, as I'm sure you already noticed, if you indeed managed to overwhelm your big suffering of actually watching something like this!!!

LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL!!!

15. dya said:

I don't know why you dissapeared so suddenly...but I can only assume that "real life" was calling for you!

I'm gonna be off to work soon, so talk to you tonight!

Have a nice, productive and not so tiring day!

16. azimut said:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!
    You actually went to see the video!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!(I also know you went to see one Mazonakis video, yesterday....LOL!LOL!LOL!!!)))

And, more than this, you actually paid attention to it!!!
    Please, alow me to explain: first BIG point he scored was the decision to go to her. Gooood. Next: he drove TILL her(which means he didn't change his mind in traffic), then, he knocked at her door(which means he was determined) and the most important, which you'll never understand(LOL!) is that....he ...smiled at her...that smile of: let's not fool around anymore: i need you, you need me, I'm here.....I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU!!!!
    Now, this is indeed a profound song accompanied by a moving video, as I'm sure you already noticed, if you indeed managed to overwhelm your big suffering of actually watching something like this!!!

LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL!!!

... ...

Yes !!! ... I "know" ... !!! ... !!! ... !!! ...

Although the ... "Forum" ... was (and is), "HEAVENSENT" ... and has made ... THE ... "difference" ... in the ... "beingness" ... I have been ... ... ... (!!!) ... ... ...

... although, ALL of the above is "true" ... ... ... I am "AFRAID" ... the "part" where I "ended - up" ... "watching" ... these "videos" ... (!!! !!!) ... ... ... ...

... well, ... what is there to"say", really ?!? ... ... ... A MOJOR ... "DOWN-SIDE" ... of it (the "Forum", I "mean") ... (AND, myself ... !!!) ... ... ... !!! ... ... ...

As far as the ... "BIG" ... "points" ... (!!!) ... ... ...

... you ... "youngsters" ... "ought to" ... "raise" ... your ... "standards" ... !!! ... !!! ... !!! ... ... ... ...

and, something ELSE I "noticed", too ... SHE ... "opened" ... "the bleemin' door" ... ... ... !!! ... ... ... SOOOOO ... EASILY !!! ... !!! ... !!!

... you ... "youngsters" ... "ought to" ... TRUELY "RAISE" ... YOUR ... "STANDARDS" ... !!! ... !!! ... !!! ... !!! ... !!! ... ... ... ... ... ...

However, ... "thinking" about it ... (MY GOD !!! WHAT AM I "DOING" ?!? ...)

... maybe, ... the "song" was ... "written" ... because he ... "decided" ... to "spend" ONE "night" ... in the "boat", by himself !!! ... !!! ... !!! ... ... ... and with ALL THESE ... "CONSEQUENCES" ... thereafter !!! ... !!! ... !!!

... ...

To be is to do - Plato

17. azimut said:

I don't know why you dissapeared so suddenly...but I can only assume that "real life" was calling for you!

I'm gonna be off to work soon, so talk to you tonight!

Have a nice, productive and not so tiring day!

... ...

Yes, ... !!! ... I had to "RUN" !!! ... !!! ... !!! ... Literally !!! ...

... well, basically in the "real life" I do not "run", I ... "drive" ... ... ... and, if "need "be" (... "need" could also "be", "the car's 'need' to get those 'pistons going' ... !!! LOL !!!), ... !!! ... !!! ... !!! ... yes, sometimes quite FAST !!! ... ... ... !!! ... ... ... !!! ... ... ... !!! ... ... ... !!!

Anyway, I do "hope" ... "work" ... is "going well" ... your "end" ... ... ...

... both of you, ... τις αγαπημένες μου κορούδες !!! ... !!! .. !!!

Unfortunately, ... "day" ... not so "productive" ... AND, quite "tiring" ... !!! ... !!! ... !!! ...

... missing you ... !!! ... ... ...

... ...

To be is to do - Plato

omorfi said:

hahahha....

God you two are amusing!!!

19. azimut said:

Quote Originally Posted by omorfi View Post
    hahahha....

God you two are amusing!!!

... ...

ΓΕΙΑ ΣΟΥ, όμορφη μου κόρη !!! ... !!! ... !!!

HALLO !!! ... "Good lookin !!! ... what ya been cookin' ... ?!? ..." ... ... ...

... ...

To be is to do - Plato

omorfi said:

Quote Originally Posted by azimut View Post
    ... ...

ΓΕΙΑ ΣΟΥ, όμορφη μου κόρη !!! ... !!! ... !!!

HALLO !!! ... "Good lookin !!! ... what ya been cookin' ... ?!? ..." ... ... ...

... ...

Geia!

Hahahaha........... not much!!