Short translation/correction please

Thread: Short translation/correction please

Tags: None
  1. PlainChaos said:

Smile Short translation/correction please

Just wanted to make sure the following song is translated correct?

Vieni qua amore vieni qua
    Come here, love is here
    Sei dentro il mio cuore perche sei mio amore
    You are in my heart, because you are my love

O sempre sogniato stare con te
    Oh always wanted to be with you
    Amore ti voglio bene
    Love, I love you
    Lascia che ti amo a te, a te
    Let me love you, you

Thanks in advance

Ligeia said:

Vieni qua amore vieni qua = Come here love, come here
    Come here, love is here = Vieni qua, l'amore è qui
    Sei dentro il mio cuore perchè sei IL mio amore

HO sempre sognato stare con te
    Oh (I've) always wanted to be with you
    Amore ti voglio bene
    Love, I love you
    Lascia che ti amo a te, a te = Lascia che ti AMI (conjunctive mode of the verb), "a te" is not needed because "ti" already means "you/to you", otherwise you can write "Lascia che ami te, te" or "permettimi di amarti"
    Let me love you, you
    "-Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity..."
    "-Actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"

3. PlainChaos said:

Default Ita->eng

Thanks Ligeia

I tried to translate the song on my own, the song is in Italian, so it wasn't actually the Italian parts I wanted to be corrected, I was looking for a more correct translation of it into English.

And since I've got these lyrics from an official page they shouldn't be wrong, or?

Could you maybe give your suggestion on a translation to English please

Sei dentro il mio cuore perche sei mio amore
    O sempre sogniato stare con te
    Amore ti voglio bene

Ligeia said:

All right, then if the original text it's in italian I noticed a mistake that I've made while correcting your translation...sorry!
    I thought that was an English-Italian translation cause the english part is perfect, but there are a couple of things in the italian text that are really really wrong...

Vieni qua amore vieni qua / Come here love, come here
    Sei dentro il mio cuore perche sei mio amore/ you're in my heart because you are mine, love
    O sempre sogniato stare con te (the correct spelling is "ho sempre sognato") I've always dreamed/wanted to be/stay with you
    Amore ti voglio bene/ Love, I love you
    Lascia che ti amo a te, a te/ (horrible, really horrible italian) Let me love you, you

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"

5. PlainChaos said:

Haha horrible?! well that actually didn't surprise me, cause Danish people wouldn't even notice the horrible Italian, they'd just think like me, oh how romantic that's Italian, haha Maybe you should take a listen to the song itself, I might have got the wrong lyrics, I just wanted to poste the whole song here on atl with translation that's why I requested the Italian parts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUlhmy8LBFc

Ligeia said:

I've always thought that French was considered the most romantic language of all!
    I've listened to the song and I can tell you that the lyrics you've posted are correct.
    Just another little correction: the right translation of "Sei dentro il mio cuore perche sei mio amore" is the one you've written first, I guess they've just forgotten the article "il".
    Seeing that it's a man that sings the song, my translation would have been correct only with the phrase "perchè sei mia amore"

7. PlainChaos said:

Haha French?! well not if you ask me, Italian is the language of love! cause I love it! lol

So because it's a male who sings the song to a girl, it's mio and not mia, did I got that right?
    I'll try to sum it up now with your corrections:

Come here love, come here
    Sei dentro il mio cuore perchè sei il mio amore

Ho sempre sognato stare con te
    I've always wanted to be with you
    Amore ti voglio bene
    Love, I love you
    Let me love you, you

Right?

Ligeia said:

The translation is perfect!

"Il mio amore" is the same even if a girl would say it, because the word "amore" is a male noun and it doesn't change.
    I'll try to make clear the "mio" thing...I've misunderstood the intentions of the singer, I thought he wanted to say "sei mia, amore" meaning "you're mine, you belong to me girl", so in this case "sei mio, amore" would have been wrong, unless he speaks to another man

9. PlainChaos said:

Haha Thank you so much for explaining it all so well to me I really appreciate your help

Ps. Did you like the song?

Ligeia said:

You're welcome!
    Well, ehm...to be honest that's not the kind of music I usually listen to...

11. PlainChaos said:

Hehe no problem thanks