Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Arabic <-> English Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Arabic <-> English Translations

Tags: None
  1. CZAREK2581 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Shoppingxgirl View Post
    I found a good blog on how to learn Levantine arabic.

Here's the link: http://www.cedarseed.com/water/lebanese.html
    I think it's very interesting and he explains in the Introduction why he's teaching the Levantine dialect with latin letters. You can read it, I think it's very complete.
    Looks not bad but it is very simple in my opinion

Shoppingxgirl said:

Default ana wselet 3nd al MK25...

Quote Originally Posted by CZAREK2581 View Post
    Looks not bad but it is very simple in my opinion
    I meant the Introduction (like when he explains why he uses latin)

Thanks for the books' title

btw can someone translate this for me?

ana wselet 3nd al MK25 olet alla yostor share sla7 ashe ashe had... 2aret al S600 olet walaw m3 ta3delat kman... kamalet kman kelme olet ya 7ef
    mabrok 3ayed 3alena bshe badlet 3'ates mn al no3 al fa7'er

oh and btw I already knew that blog, it's really cool because it has videos
  3. CZAREK2581 said:

I meant the Introduction (like when he explains why he uses latin)

Thanks for the books' title

ana wselet 3nd al MK25 olet alla yostor share sla7 ashe ashe had... 2aret al S600 olet walaw m3 ta3delat kman... kamalet kman kelme olet ya 7ef

my guesslets wait for native's

Congratulations ,wishes for us cos of the swimming suit from this excellent sort

hard one

[b]ana wselet 3nd al MK25 olet alla yostor share sla7 ashe ashe had... 2aret al S600 olet walaw m3 ta3delat kman... kamalet kman kelme olet ya 7ef

I reached to MK25 i said let the God protect me[lit cover me] street Sla7 ...........I read s 600 i said it is not accurate also i also added a word ,i said what a pity!!!

Shoppingxgirl said:

my guesslets wait for native's

Congratulations ,wishes for us cos of the swimming suit from this excellent sort

hard one

[b]ana wselet 3nd al MK25 olet alla yostor share sla7 ashe ashe had... 2aret al S600 olet walaw m3 ta3delat kman... kamalet kman kelme olet ya 7ef

I reached to MK25 i said let the God protect me[lit cover me] street Sla7 ...........I read s 600 i said it is not accurate also i also added a word ,i said what a pity!!!
    ok sounds weird a little bit but thanks anyways

I don't understand these two sentences:

يا حرام، مني منك بروح
    مش شايفي ياعني إني مركز كتير ؟

thanks

LoOlya said:

ok sounds weird a little bit but thanks anyways

I don't understand these two sentences:

يا حرام، مني منك بروح
    مش شايفي ياعني إني مركز كتير ؟

thanks
    Oh poor! Between me and you, I'd go
    Don't you see thar I'm focusing so much!
    Syria ♥
    لّا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
    Suriyeli damarımda Türk kanı akıyor.

Shoppingxgirl said:

Quote Originally Posted by LoOlya View Post
    Oh poor! Between me and you, I'd go
    Don't you see thar I'm focusing so much!
    thanks LoOlya! "markaj" means "focus"?

LoOlya said:

thanks LoOlya! "markaj" means "focus"?
    Mrakkez .. yes but the adj.
    Syria ♥
    لّا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
    Suriyeli damarımda Türk kanı akıyor.

Shoppingxgirl said:

Quote Originally Posted by LoOlya View Post
    Mrakkez .. yes but the adj.
    Damn Arabic language is crazy! How could I guess "مركز" was going to be "Mrakkez" and not "Markaz" or "Mrkaz" ?
  9. CZAREK2581 said:

Damn Arabic language is crazy! How could I guess "مركز" was going to be "Mrakkez" and not "Markaz" or "Mrkaz" ?
    I told you when it will be written in dialect with arabic letters you wont be confused.All people that i know (most of them of my friends
    learning Levantine dialect they write dialect in arabic script)

It can be written in 10 differents way :mrakkez,morakkez,morakkiz,mrakkiz,mrakkez,mrkz,i can think off 10 more if you want

amnah said:

Red face

Literal Translation:

ana, انا، I
    *wselet, وصلت، arrived
    *3nd,عند، at
    al, ال، the
    MK25, (Diving Pressure &Thermal Insulating System).
    *olet, قلت، I said
    alla yostor,الله يستر، God forbid
    share, شاري، he bought
    sla7,سلاح، a weapon
    ashe, ايش، what
    ashe,الشي,thing
    *had,هاد <<هذا ،this
    2aret, قرأت، I read
    al, ال، the
    S600,(air-balanced linear-flow valve allows the diver to use less energy while breathing underwater).
    *olet,قلت، I said
    walaw, ولو، albeit
    m3, مع ، with
    *ta3delat, تعديلات،modification's
    kman, كمان، also
    kamalet, كملت،I completed
    kman،كمان، another
    kelme, كلمة، word
    olet,قلت، I said
    ya 7ef, يا حيف، "what a pity"
    mabrok,مبروك، "congratulation"
    3ayed,عيد، give a gift
    3alena,علينا، for us
    *bshe, بشي، how about
    badlet 3'ates,بدلة غطس،diving suit
    mn, من، from
    alno3, النوع،al fa7'er ,الفاخر،
    High quality

General meaning:

I find out the MK25, I said: "God forbid" he bought a weapon!!
    What is this thing?!
    I read the S600, I said:*albeit it has a*modifier,*
    also, I complained, What a pity!!
    "Congratulations" give us a gift...how about...a*luxurious*diving suit.
    I hope it's clear :O
    Last edited by amnah; 01-06-2012 at 09:20 PM.

Shoppingxgirl said:

I told you when it will be written in dialect with arabic letters you wont be confused.All people that i know (most of them of my friends
    learning Levantine dialect they write dialect in arabic script)

It can be written in 10 differents way :mrakkez,morakkez,morakkiz,mrakkiz,mrakkez,mrkz,i can think off 10 more if you want
    lol yeah but even if it's written with arabic letters, it doesn't tell me which are the vowels really. Like I could have pronounced it "Mar-kaz" and it's in fact "Mra-kaz" xD

Quote Originally Posted by amnah View Post
    I hope it's clear :O
    Yay! thanks a lot! <3
  12. CZAREK2581 said:

lol yeah but even if it's written with arabic letters, it doesn't tell me which are the vowels really. Like I could have pronounced it "Mar-kaz" and it's in fact "Mra-kaz"
    Actually it is mrakkaz as Loyla wrote[with shadda],which makes a difference in pronouncation.Keep this in mind

the second word markaz means center

Shoppingxgirl said:

Actually it is mrakkaz as Loyla wrote[with shadda],which makes a difference in pronouncation.Keep this in mind

the second word markaz means center
    yes I think the only way to know where vocals are really is to learn the words by heart ^^ thanks!
  14. CZAREK2581 said:

yes I think the only way to know where vocals are really is to learn the words by heart ^^ thanks!
    exactly ,you also need to use it in a speech that will help you a lot ,second thing is listeningIf u wanna focus mostly on Lebanese
    i recommend a very nice show on MTV which is called هيك منغني(find in on the Youtube) ,perphaps you watched already.It is really great
    and there is a lots of nice music
  15. mvnr1 said:

@ Shoppingxgirl

what makes Arabic vowels a little difficult is because it's written most of the time without tashkeel, tashkeel is the marks that r put on letters to show where the vowel sounds r, there r 3 basic marks which r fat7a (it gives the vowel sound a), dama (it gives the vowel sound o), kasra (it gives the vowel sound i)

if no tashkeel is written and u don't know that Arabic has tashkeel, then u'll only get a group of consonants that r difficult to pronounce (because no vowel sounds), for example the word كتب, if u replace the letters in it by the English equivalents u'll get ktb (3 consonants following each other)

another problem u may find if there's no tashkeel (the one u r talking about) is that this same word can have more than 1 meaning, depends on what vowel sounds there r, and since there r 3 basic marks (fat7a, dama, kasra) and 3 letters ك ت ب (k t b), u'll end up with unlimited possibilities regarding pronunciation, but only a couple of pronunciations have a meaning, and u can only know these ones by practicing and studying Arabic more and more, by time and practice u'll be able to recognize the vowel sounds even if there's no tashkeel, and in this case the context also makes it clearer

for example, after practicing and being good at speaking Arabic u'll know that the word كتب has all the following meanings:
    1- he wrote (if كتب is pronounced katab) (when كتب is written with tashkeel it's كَتَب)
    2- he made (someone) write (if كتب is pronounced katteb) (when كتب is written with tashkeel it's كَتِّب)
    3- books (if كتب is pronounced kotob) (when كتب is written with tashkeel it's كُتُب)

according to the context, u'll pick the right meaning from the 3, for example in the sentence فين الكتب؟ u can see that there's ال b4 the word كتب, this is the definite article, it can only be added to a noun, so u'll pick meaning number 3 because books is a noun

so the best thing to do concerning vowel sounds is to either write every word u learn with tashkeel or with the English transliteration, because the English transliteration shows the vowel sounds

u can also use a dictionary to know what the tashkeel of a word is, but i think most dictionaries show only Standard Arabic words, not dialect words, i don't know maybe there r dictionaries that show dialect words with tashkeel

so the word مركز u were talking about, 2 things can show u what meaning is meant:
    1- tashkeel
    2- the context
    and since there's no tashkeel on it so only the context will show u

if u write this word alone (without a context) and without tashkeel and u want a translation of it, u'll get more than 1 answer

check the following post if u r interested, it kinda talks about this:
    http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/le...tml#post921454

by the way where r u from?

marjo1988 said:

hiiii every body plsss i need help for this :

- Abou Godur | الـحـمـل ( آذار/ مارس 21 - نيسان/ أبريل 20 )
    2012-01-09
    أنصحك بالهدوء في هذه الفترة الدقيقة قليلاً. قد تشتبك مع بعض المحاورين الذين لا يفهمون مقصدك، أو ينشأ نزاع مع بعض المقرَّبين بسبب مشروع منزلي أو عقاري، وربما تعيش بلبلة على الصعيد العائلي....
    انقر لتشاهد المزيد
    الـصـحـة : ★★★★★★★★☆☆
    الـحـظ : ★★★★★★★★☆☆
    الـحـب : ★★★★★★★★☆☆

thansk ktir ktir in advance
  17. CZAREK2581 said:

[QUOTE=marjo1988;927783]hiiii every body plsss i need help for this :

- Abou Godur | الـحـمـل ( آذار/ مارس 21 - نيسان/ أبريل 20 )
    This is sign of zodiac (with its dates)it's ARIES

أنصحك بالهدوء في هذه الفترة الدقيقة قليلاً. قد تشتبك مع بعض المحاورين الذين لا يفهمون مقصدك، أو ينشأ نزاع مع بعض المقرَّبين بسبب مشروع منزلي أو عقاري، وربما تعيش بلبلة على الصعيد العائلي....
    انقر لتشاهد المزيد

It is Classical text.It says something like this

I advise you to calm down a little in this specific time. You might have a clash with some of the interlocutors who do not understand your aim\(intention), or to begin some dispute with some close people according to house or real estate project , and perhaps you live in a chaos on the ground of the family .
    Click to see more

الـصـحـة : ★★★★★★★★☆☆
    الـحـظ : ★★★★★★★★☆☆
    الـحـب : ★★★★★★★★☆☆
    here is a prediction relating to:

health
    luck
    love

marjo1988 said:

thanksssss CZAREK but are there a date of his birthday?? (his name : abougodur)

thanks a lot for ur help
  19. CZAREK2581 said:

Quote Originally Posted by marjo1988 View Post
    thanksssss CZAREK but are there a date of his birthday?? (his name : abougodur)

thanks a lot for ur help
    This is only range of the dates but i guess he didnt specified the exact date of his birthday

marjo1988 said:

thanks a lottttt and last thing : الـحـمـل ( آذار/ مارس 21 - نيسان/ أبريل 20 )

20-21 are a numbers about dates? 20-21 january?