Barış Manço - Dağlar Dağlar

Thread: Barış Manço - Dağlar Dağlar

Tags: None

Thin Air said:

Thumbs up Barış Manço - Dağlar Dağlar

Hey folks, could one of you kindly translate this song for me. A free translations as opposed to a literal translation is more than welcome.

Dağlar Dağlar /

Ellerimle büyüttüğüm /
    Solar iken dirilttiğim /
    Çiçeğimi kopardın sen /
    Ellere verdin /

Dağlar dağlar, /
    Kurban olam yol ver geçem /
    Sevdiğimi son bir olsun /
    Yakından görem /

Kuşlar ötmez güller soldu /
    Yüce dağlar duman oldu /
    Belli ki gittiğin yerden /
    Kara haber var /

Thank you

alp_er said:

Dağlar Dağlar /mountains, mountains

Ellerimle büyüttüğüm / i grew it with my hands
    Solar iken dirilttiğim / when it was fading ,i made it aive
    Çiçeğimi kopardın sen / u picked my flower off
    Ellere verdin / u gave it to the others

Dağlar dağlar, /mountains mountains
    Kurban olam yol ver geçem /
    Sevdiğimi son bir olsun Yakından görem / let me see my love closer last time

Kuşlar ötmez güller soldu / the birds dont sing,the roses faded
    Yüce dağlar duman oldu / the big mountains became smoke
    Belli ki gittiğin yerden Kara haber var / its obvious that there is a bad news from where u're gone to

0rientCaramel said:

thanks alper
    ---------

4. Balkaneuro said:

hey i really like this song, but what is it about? i don't quite get it, does it have any other meaning like you say most of his songs have? : )

5. Legendree said:

Hi guys, Hi Balkaneuro
    Looks like I'm late to this chat - I'm Palestinian but I lived in Turkey for 5 years and not only that I can speak the language, but I can also feel these lyrics. To as far as I'm touched by this song I think the meaning will be something like this:
    He is talking to his son or daughter telling her how he raised her like a flower and took care of her, then she took off that flower he planted for her and gave it to other (maybe to her husband) and she got busy in life, not visiting her father, so he says: I beg you (to the busy crowd), let me pass, and look at my loved one for one last time.
    DJ Alpie, Milena : Am I close to the meaning ?

By the way Alpie, I'm a DJ too :0)

6. Balkaneuro said:

Quote Originally Posted by Legendree View Post
    Hi guys, Hi Balkaneuro
    Looks like I'm late to this chat - I'm Palestinian but I lived in Turkey for 5 years and not only that I can speak the language, but I can also feel these lyrics. To as far as I'm touched by this song I think the meaning will be something like this:
    He is talking to his son or daughter telling her how he raised her like a flower and took care of her, then she took off that flower he planted for her and gave it to other (maybe to her husband) and she got busy in life, not visiting her father, so he says: I beg you (to the busy crowd), let me pass, and look at my loved one for one last time.
    DJ Alpie, Milena : Am I close to the meaning ?

By the way Alpie, I'm a DJ too :0)
    Thanks a lot legendree i appreciate your explanation!