Wafeeq Habib - Mawal dabke

Thread: Wafeeq Habib - Mawal dabke

Tags: None
  1. idulumaria said:

Default Wafeeq Habib - Mawal dabke

i need your help again...i looked for wafeeq habib and i didn't find him in the list posted above. he's an iraqi singer and he has some great songs especially dabka but i don't really understand iraqi dialect...so can somebody translate this for me? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MaShR46Beg

2. hazomeh said:

FYI he's Syrian.

3. idulumaria said:

Red face

oups!!! sorry, i thaught he was iraqi! thanks for leting me know! but can you help me also with the translation? thanks again

4. hazomeh said:

I'd love to.. I actually have part of the same mawal in another song version of his but there are some things that even I have no idea what he's saying. The pros' help would be much appreciated!

LOUIE said:

I swear all the people that loves you blamed me cause you are homeless, and blamed me and i wish in between your hands I was a lemon so you can squeeze me like the sugar cane. oh my oh my oh my ahhhhh ahhh, masha7ar (Poor) my heart. I swear in the middle of the sea I'll build you a building and if anyone hit on you I'll take their lives. I've been looking for a woman for 10 years and till now I haven't found anything. [and now the song begins tada ]
    ?? ???? ?? ????? ????? ?????? ? ??? ??????? ???? ?????

6. idulumaria said:

thank you! but can you also tell me what dialect is this?...i'm still trying to recognise the difference between dialects!

ELEEF said:

I guess it's syrian , actually the part that LOUIE translated seemed to be syrian ( villages dialect ) But at the end it seemed to be iraqi ,cuz he pronounced some kind of 'ch' that iraqi people generally pronounce ! :s
    .. وذاك الذي لا يرى غيره
    ولا يجد الخير خيـرا ً اذا لم يكن خيره
    فــــــــراغ .. فـــــراغ

8. idulumaria said:

ahaaa! thanks...i guess that's why i got confused! :-s