Spirit in the sky cover

Thread: Spirit in the sky cover

Tags: None
  1. meseck66 said:

Question Spirit in the sky cover

I am trying to find out who did a cover of Norman Greenbaum's song Spirit in the sky. It is a more modern sounding rendition of the song. If I had to say who it sounded like the most, I would say Prince. When last I heard the song, it was more than 10 years ago on the radio. None of the sites that I have searched for this version have any sound clips to hear to see if it is the right song or not. Any ideas on who sings this and/or where to go to sample it?

2. jenneb said:

A band called T ReX covered it and bauhaus also did a cover. i don't know if either is what you're looking for, but it's a start. I don't know where to find them either.

3. nat said:

some 80s grp ("1-hit wonder"-type) did cover version; i think the grp called either "doctor & the medics", or "doctor and the medics", or "dr. & the medics", or "dr. and the medics"

4. nat said:

go 2 artistdirect.com, then on upper rite-hand of screen search 4 song "spirit in the sky", look 4 grp i mntioned earlier

5. chinook said:

Default Spirit in the sky

The Kentucky Headhunters also did a cover of this song and it is a really good job.

6. mikeystp69 said:

most likely was dr and the medics