Imiskoumbria - Amerikana

Thread: Imiskoumbria - Amerikana

Tags: None
  1. perr0025 said:

Default Imiskoumbria - Amerikana

Γεια σας! Anyone have the lyrics and translation for Imiskoumbria's song Amerikana? Ευχαριστώ!

maria_gr said:

Unfortunately, I cannot find the lyrics and I don't have this song. If you can help me it would be easier.
    Άνθρωποι τύχης είδωλον επλάσαντο, πρόφασιν ιδίης αβουλίης.

~Δημόκριτος~

3. perr0025 said:

I'd be glad to help! Can I send the song to you?

maria_gr said:

Quote Originally Posted by perr0025 View Post
    I'd be glad to help! Can I send the song to you?
    Of course! My mail is on my profile! I have heard this song and it's cool!

~Δημόκριτος~

maria_gr said:

My translation is little bit extempore cause i'm on holiday and i don't have much time. Sorry!

Αμερικάνα / American (girl)

Ay, ay, ay, ay,
    Have you ever danced in the tropics?
    Ιn that hazy lazy
    Like kind of crazy
    Like south american way
    Ay, ay, ay, ay,
    Ιn that hazy lazy
    Like kind of crazy
    Like south american way

Το τριχωτό κορμί μου αποκάλυψα στη Νάξο / I exposed my hairy body in Naxos
    Στον ήλιο να αράξω, τον αέρα μου ν’ αλλάξω / To relax under the sun, to change my air
    Να βρω κοπέλα έμορφη (1*) για με το νοικοκύρη / To find beautiful girl for me, the householder
    Να ‘ναι κατά προτίμηση κόρη καραβοκύρη / It’s better to be daughter of a ship-master
    Με βάραγε ο ήλιος σαν τον Cassius Clay / The sun was hitting me like Cassius Clay (2*)
    Και δίπλα στο beach bar ο Βολάνης πάλι κλαίει / And beside the beach bar Volanis cries again
    Τότε είδα όραμα τον Tony Iommi / Then I saw as vision Tony Iommi (3*)
    Με τη γνωστή παλιά μεταλλική του κώμη / With the old known metal hair
    Βγήκε από πυρέξ με Greek mussaka / He came out from a baking pan with Greek mussaka
    Με κοίταξε και μου ‘πε …………………. / He looked at me and he told me ……………… (4*)
    Γιατί δίπλα σου υπάρχει ένα τρελό παιδί / Coz beside you there is a crazy babe
    Διαφήμιση της Μάντισον όπως Αμερική / Advertisement of Mantison as America
    Αυτά είπε το όραμα κι έγινε εξαφάνα / The vision told me these and he disappeared
    Κι έμεινα ο σνουπ με το μαλλί αφάνα / And I stayed the Snoop with the hair broom
    Γιατί ήμουνα μονάχος με μια Αμερικάνα, με μια Αμερικάνα / Coz I was alone with an American (girl)

Ay, ay, ay, ay,
    Ιn that hazy lazy
    Like kind of crazy
    Like south american way
    Ay, ay, ay, ay,
    Ιn that hazy lazy
    Like kind of crazy
    Like south american way

Πώς ν’ αρχίσω να μιλάω στο ωραίο το πιντί (5*) / How can I start to talk to the beautiful girl
    Να της πω Stalone, Combra, Rambo, L.A.P.D. / To tell her Stalone, Combra, Rambo, L.A.P.D. (6*)
    Να κεράσω κανά μπέργκερ, να κεράσω ντόκτορ πέπερ / To treat Berger, to treat doctor pepper
    Ακούς κι εσύ ραπιές ή Red Hot Chilly Pepper? / Do you hear rap too or Red Hot Chilly Pepper?
    Εμείς εδώ γιορτάζουμε 25η Μαρτίου / Here we celebrate on 25th of March
    Εσείς με τον Tom Cruise την 4η Ιουλίου? / You with Tom Cruise on 4th July?
    Ξέρεις στην Αστόρια κάνα πατριωτάκι / Do you know in Astoria a patriot (7*)
    Θυμάσαι τον Tom Selleck όταν είχε το μουστάκι / Do you remember Tom Selleck when he has the moustache
    Ο παππούς μου ήταν ο άνθρωπος που γύρισε απ’ τα πιάτα / My grandfather was the man who returned from the dishes (8*)
    Ξέρεις το φραπέ, τη χωριάτικη σαλάτα? / Do you know frappe, Greek salad?
    Τι έγινε στους πύργους και δεν υπάρχουν πια? / What happened to the Twine Towers and they don’t exist anymore?
    Μήπως ο David Copperfield έκανε μαγικά? / Or maybe David Copperfield made tricks
    Είσαστε αλήθεια χώρα των ευκαιριών / You are really the country of opportunities
    Ή μήπως ίσως είσαστε φονιάδες των λαών? / Or maybe you’re murderers of people?
    Ο superman δουλεύει σταθερά για το Κογκρέσο? / Superman works firmly in Congress?
    Στην Πάμελα την Άντερσα μπορώ να της την πέσω? / I can flirt with Pamela Anderson?

Ay, ay, ay, ay,
    Ιn that hazy lazy
    Like kind of crazy
    Like south american way
    Ay, ay, ay, ay,
    Ιn that hazy lazy
    Like kind of crazy
    Like south american way

Ει Αμερικάνα είμαι ο μίστερ λάβερμάνα / Ey American (girl) I’m mister lovermana (9*)
    Φοράω και μπαντάνα, έχω αδερφή την Άννα / I wear badana (10*), my sister is Anna
    Είμαι από φαμίλια, θ’ αρέσω στο μπαμπά σου / I’m from good family, your father will like me
    Να πάμε στο Μαϊάμι για μπανάκια, ετοιμάσου / To go to Miami for swimming, get prepared
    Ν’ αποθέσω τους καημούς μου στου Μανχάταν τα λιμάνια / To put my sorrows to the ports of Manhattan
    Στην 5η λεωφόρο θ’ αράξω με τ’ αλάνια / In the 5th Avenue I’ll hang out with urchins
    Θ’ αφήσω της Ελλάδας καλοκαίρια και χειμώνες / I’ll leave the summers and the winters of Greece
    Θα έρθω στο Αμέρικα κι ας έχει και τυφώνες / I’ll come to America, no matter if there are typhoons
    Θα παίζω κάθε μέρε φρουτάκια στο Λας Βέγκας / I’ll play everyday gambling in Las Vegas
    Δε θα κάτσω στο Ελλάντα να τρέχω σαν το Βέγγας (11*) / I won’t stay in Greece to run like Veggos (12*)
    Θ’ αλλάξω με δολλάρια τα ποταπά ευρώ μου / I’ll change with dollars my humble euros
    «It’s all about the benjamins που λέν’ και στο χωριό μου» / “It’s all about benjamins” (13*) as they say in my village
    Θα πετάξω αετό με τον Βενιαμίν Βρανγκλίνο / I’ll fly kite with Benjamin Franklin
    Το κεφάλαιο Ελλάδα εδώ για πάντα κλείνω / I close forever the chapter Greece
    Θα ζητήσω και συγγνώμη απ’ την καλή μου μάνα / I’ll ask sorry from my good mother
    Θα διασχίσω Ατλαντικό για μια Αμερικάνα / I’ll cross Atlantic for an American (girl)

Ay, ay, ay, ay,
    Ιn that hazy lazy
    Like kind of crazy
    Like south american way
    Ay, ay, ay, ay,
    Ιn that hazy lazy
    Like kind of crazy
    Like south american way

(1*) The correct spelling is όμορφη but they say it like that.
    (2*) Cassius Clay is Muhammad Ali, the famous boxer
    (3*) Tommy Iommi is a guitarist.
    (4*) I couldn’t understand this part.
    (5*) The correct spelling is παιδί.
    (6*) L.A.P.D.: Los Angeles Police Department.
    (7*) With patriot means a Greek in Astoria, coz there are many Greeks in America.
    (8*) I think that there was a Greek movie with this title “O anthropos pou girise ap’ ta piata (=the man who returned from the dishes).
    (9*) I don’t know that.
    (10*) Badana is a headscarf that the rappers wear.
    (11*) The correct spelling is Βέγγος.
    (12*) Βέγγος is a famous Greek actor.
    (13*) I’m not sure about that.

~Δημόκριτος~

6. perr0025 said:

Ahhh perfect!! Thank you so much!!! This is great!

maria_gr said:

Parakalw! Filakia

~Δημόκριτος~