spanish grammar

Thread: spanish grammar

Tags: None

maria_mx said:

Default Completly agree with u!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bogazici86 View Post
    German!!! Don't ask me it. Oh my God, it made me crazy. There are articles and they are arbitrary! And I have problems with the pronunciation People had said "German is easy if you know english." but nooo, never!
    It is very hard saludos amiguita.
    [bold]Music....... A way to show our feelings[/b]

bogazici86 said:

saludos amiguita? what is it?
    *Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises-----

maria_gr said:

greetings my friend!
    Άνθρωποι τύχης είδωλον επλάσαντο, πρόφασιν ιδίης αβουλίης.

~Δημόκριτος~

maria_mx said:

oupsssssssssssss JIJI I just see it now thank u maria mouuuuu u are right
    [bold]Music....... A way to show our feelings[/b]

5. Gozde said:

Default prepositions

in,on,over,under,below,above,by,through,across
    friends i would like someone write the Spanish prepositions which have meanings equvolent to these english prepositions i know that they are en,por,abajo,etc but don't know all their functions.Thanks!

in= He is in Boston(in spanish do we always say en Boston,when we say he has been to boston,the meaning has changed are there sth like that in spanish?)
    in=He visited the country in 1979.(do we use other prepositions except en in this situations?)

in=in a day,in one minute

in=She said all this in her speech(i 'd like to know which prepositions can we use in spanish )

in=he looked handsome in uniform/greens,etc , when talking about clothes

that is all for now

bogazici86 said:

Quote Originally Posted by maria_gr View Post
    greetings my friend!
    muchas gracias canım
    *Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises-----

7. Carlitos.cr said:

Merhaba Bogazici86,

Benim adım Carlos. Ben Kosta Rikalı bir genç. Biraz Tükçe'yi biliyorum :-)

The word "mucho" changes to "muchas" in "muchas gracias" because the word "gracias" is a femenine plural, so the quantity adverb "mucho" needs to agree in number and gender with it.

Similar to that can be seen in the following greetings:

"Buenos días" = good day/good morning. "días" is one exception to the rule of the endings of masculine nouns (-o, -os). It is a plural masculine, that is why the word "bueno" becomes "buenos".

"Buenas Tardes" = good afternoon. "tardes" is a femenine plural

"Buenas Noches" = good evening. "noches" is a femenine plural too.

I know that this could be a little confusing for you, since Turkish has a very easy grammar for that kind of things. you make plurals only with -ler and -lar... and you don't make the plural of adjectives when they modify nouns such as in the phrase "iyi öğrenciler". But well, Spanish is a little more complex than that.

But don't worry, you'll get used to that with time. On the other hand, you have us to help you with your doubts :-)

Big hug from Costa Rica!

8. Carlitos.cr said:

muchas gracias canım
    That is other of the complex things of Spanish, the "size" endings added to nouns and adjectives (and in some countries to adverbs and verbs!).

They sometimes don't express exactly a physical size of something, but a psychological perception of something.

"Amiga" is the female for friend. "amiguita" is translated in English as "little friend" but it means in this case that the person who calls "amiguita" to a female friend, shows caring to that person. It means that there is a friend love expression.

In my country, Costa Rica, we use a lot the termination "-illo" that is a little despective, but it is also an indirect way to show love an caring for someone else.

Well, time for me to go to bed.. I need to wake up very early in the morning.

Take care you all!

bogazici86 said:

Very nice to meet you Carlos! You're so sweet. I'm Seda, thank you very very much for your good explanations. I have understood very well what maria_mx said to me People here are very kind and you are one of them... Thanks for your kindness and please tell me if you have any questions about turkish I wonder how you learned turkish?

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by Gozde View Post
    in,on,over,under,below,above,by,through,across
    friends i would like someone write the Spanish prepositions which have meanings equvolent to these english prepositions i know that they are en,por,abajo,etc but don't know all their functions.Thanks!

in= He is in Boston(in spanish do we always say en Boston,when we say he has been to boston,the meaning has changed are there sth like that in spanish?)
    in=He visited the country in 1979.(do we use other prepositions except en in this situations?)

in=in a day,in one minute

in=She said all this in her speech(i 'd like to know which prepositions can we use in spanish )

in=he looked handsome in uniform/greens,etc , when talking about clothes

that is all for now
    Hi Gozde!

Well, I'm a bit short of time today and prepositions is a very long and complicated matter, so I'll just answer to the examples you gave:

1. He's in Boston: always "en"
    He's been to Boston: depends on what Spanish verb you use to translate this; it can be "Ha estado en Boston" or "Ha ido a Boston".

2. He visited the country in 1979: always "en"

3. In a day, in a minute: always "en"

4. She said all this in her speech: always "en"

5. He looks handsome in uniform/green: "de"... "Se ve guapo de uniforme", "se ve guapo de verde", "la señorita de azul es la encargada", etc.

Hope it helps a bit. Have a nice day!

maria_gr said:

Carlos I really admire you know. You know Greek and now Turkish? Do you know that I want so much to learn? But alas I'm awful! Sedacım, Türkçe öğrenmeyi istiyorum!!!

~Δημόκριτος~

bogazici86 said:

He knows Greek at the same time? This is wonderful! Maria mou, you are not that awful! If you study it at school or somewhere else, I'm sure you will learn but you are trying by yourself. It is difficult. And I have a good new! Guess what! I took Greek course at university and hopefully (If God lets) I'll start Greek lessons in two weeks Only God knows how I'm happy! And if there no problem occurs, I'll take spanish course at the same time! You know how much I wanna learn these two languages! Pray for me that no problem occurs

maria_gr said:

He knows Greek at the same time? This is wonderful! Maria mou, you are not that awful! If you study it at school or somewhere else, I'm sure you will learn but you are trying by yourself. It is difficult. And I have a good new! Guess what! I took Greek course at university and hopefully (If God lets) I'll start Greek lessons in two weeks Only God knows how I'm happy! And if there no problem occurs, I'll take spanish course at the same time! You know how much I wanna learn these two languages! Pray for me that no problem occurs
    Yes he knows Greek!

Really? That's great, I'm so happy for you. In no time we'll speak together in Greek and spanish. I'm sure you'll make it and everything's gonna be fine.

Filia glykia mou

~Δημόκριτος~

14. Gozde said:

Quote Originally Posted by citlalli View Post
    Hi Gozde!

Well, I'm a bit short of time today and prepositions is a very long and complicated matter, so I'll just answer to the examples you gave:

1. He's in Boston: always "en"
    He's been to Boston: depends on what Spanish verb you use to translate this; it can be "Ha estado en Boston" or "Ha ido a Boston".

2. He visited the country in 1979: always "en"

3. In a day, in a minute: always "en"

4. She said all this in her speech: always "en"

5. He looks handsome in uniform/green: "de"... "Se ve guapo de uniforme", "se ve guapo de verde", "la señorita de azul es la encargada", etc.

Hope it helps a bit. Have a nice day!

thanks a lot friend

15. Carlitos.cr said:

Quote Originally Posted by maria_gr View Post
    Carlos I really admire you know. You know Greek and now Turkish? Do you know that I want so much to learn? But alas I'm awful! Sedacım, Türkçe öğrenmeyi istiyorum!!!
    Σ'ευχαριστώ πάρα πολύ ακόμα μιά φορά, Μαρία
    Teşekkür ederim arkadaşım!

You Greeks and Turks have really beautiful languages and it is a great honour to discover that you are interested in learning my language too.

The difficult part of learning Greek or Turkish is that here in my country it is almost impossible to find good material to learn. Fortunately I've found some books and cassettes. Now I'm planning to buy good dictionaires from Amazon :-)

Big hugs!
    Carlos

16. Carlitos.cr said:

Very nice to meet you Carlos! You're so sweet. I'm Seda, thank you very very much for your good explanations. I have understood very well what maria_mx said to me People here are very kind and you are one of them... Thanks for your kindness and please tell me if you have any questions about turkish I wonder how you learned turkish?
    Teşekkür ederim! Sen çok iyi bir kız!

I'm always happy to help other people as much as I can, and helping others to understand my language is a great honour.

You can count on me for any question, if I don't know the answer I'll investigate it for you.

Thanks a lot for your kind offering. I'll ask you many questions hehe that is for sure, but they will come little by little with time.

Now you know you have a friend in Costa Rica :-)

Time for me to leave.. have to go back to work!

Big hugs!
    Carlos.

bogazici86 said:

Teşekkür ederim Carlos! Sen de çok iyi bir çocuksun! I'm very happy I have got a friend like you. when I start spanish lessons, I'll have many questions, I hope I won't disturb you and I am always ready for help you on Turkish. never hesitate to ask ok?
    Best wishes for you from İstanbul

maria_gr said:

And I'm here to help both of you in Greek. Seda mou when you start your greek lessons, don't hesitate to ask.

~Δημόκριτος~

bogazici86 said:

Of course my dear, be sure I'll not hesitate because you always helped me in the best way

20. Gozde said:

hello to everyone, does costenita mean poor but proud?