old song mystery

Thread: old song mystery

Tags: None
  1. theodoula said:

Question old song mystery

Hi there everyone,
    I know this is a long shot, but if anyone can help I would be very grateful!! When I was a young girl, (many moons ago now!) my mother used to have a lot of greek records that she loved to play over and over. There was one song that I used to love and has always stuck in my mind. I would love to find it again. It was sung by a male singer, but all I can remember is a few words of the chorus. "Sa Agapou, Se Bono" which were repeated a fair bit.
    From what I remember it was about a man who was broken hearted over a break up with the girl he loved.
    The time frame would be around 1960's, but have no idea whether it was a modern song at the time or not.

Amethystos said:

It would be helpful to record your voice singing the music you remember, save it as mp3, and upload it or pm me or anyone else that wants to try, so that we can help.

Sorry, but from the things you mentioned, it is truly difficult to find out, which one is it.
    "Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to?
    You will never find that life for which you are looking.
    When the gods created man they allotted to him death,
    but life they retained in their own keeping"

3. theodoula said:

Red face old song mystery

Hi Amethystos, I knew it would be a long shot, but I was hoping there might be some older person who might remember it.
    It was a good suggestion to record what I do remember but unfortunately you haven't heard my voice!!!! It would come out sounding nothing like the original and I would confuse people even more!!
    I'm from Cyprus originally so maybe he was a Cypriot singer.