hello from mexico

Thread: hello from mexico

Tags: None

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by jandros View Post
    ... and I get embarrassed and red-faced veeeeerrrry easily
    hehe good to know....

mmhhhh... the tests will probably involve eating some really really hot chilies LOL... so, be ready to feel the heat up your face, ears, tongue, etc. (don't worry, there'll be plenty of milk at hand to stop the pain soon )
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

Zahra2008 said:

Anna, Citlalli,, hey girls, what u think? another test to Jandros, should be, sing a song with mariachi? one of Vicente Fernandez, hehehe...
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by citlalli View Post
    hehe good to know....

mmhhhh... the tests will probably involve eating some really really hot chilies LOL... so, be ready to feel the heat up your face, ears, tongue, etc. (don't worry, there'll be plenty of milk at hand to stop the pain soon )
    good one girl

anna_mex said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    Anna, Citlalli,, hey girls, what u think? another test to Jandros, should be, sing a song with mariachi? one of Vicente Fernandez, hehehe...
    vicente fernandez.....thats pretty mexican, hehehe...

and i also agree on the chili tasting...=)

all of that will be fun, for sure...

citlalli said:

Yeeeees!! "La ley del monte" ... or at the very least he should sing "La puerta negra" (Los Tigres del Norte)... hahaha... I like thisssss
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

jandros said:

Quote Originally Posted by anna_mex View Post
    vicente fernandez.....thats pretty mexican, hehehe...

and i also agree on the chili tasting...=)

all of that will be fun, for sure...
    Yeah well, fun for YOU guys maybe ... =)

Vicente Fernandez! I remember him a little bit, I can think I can do Vicente! He's also the brother of Alejandro? ... if that's the guy, I like Vicente a little better than alex.

I just remembered: Favorite ooold song is 'Collar de perles' (spelling?). I can't play guitar at all, but can I sing that song as Vicente? hmmm....

Ok ... maybe jalapeno, even cayenne, but NO habanero. No no, forget it. I'm perfectly happy as a gringo/anglo/whatever anybody wants to call me ... even el pendejo, call me anything you want .... but I will not even touch or smell a habanero, no no no, forget it.

jandros said:

... (Los Tigres del Norte)... hahaha... I like thisssss
    Ok, I used to own a CD by those guys too .... around 1992 or '93.

Wonder if I can just bluff my way into this adoption thing .......

Zahra2008 said:

Yeah well, fun for YOU guys maybe ... =)

Vicente Fernandez! I remember him a little bit, I can think I can do Vicente! He's also the brother of Alejandro? ... if that's the guy, I like Vicente a little better than alex.

I just remembered: Favorite ooold song is 'Collar de perles' (spelling?). I can't play guitar at all, but can I sing that song as Vicente? hmmm....

Ok ... maybe jalapeno, even cayenne, but NO habanero. No no, forget it. I'm perfectly happy as a gringo/anglo/whatever anybody wants to call me ... even el pendejo, call me anything you want .... but I will not even touch or smell a habanero, no no no, forget it.
    hehehe, Vicente Fernandez, the father... and you mean Vicente jr... but i like more his brother Alejandro...

the song is Collar de Perlas....

Jandros, ok..ok.. habanero no... so will be... 3 jalapeños, 1 beer, 2 songs with mariachi... and then.... mmmm what else girls???

jandros said:

hehehe, Vicente Fernandez, the father... the song is Collar de Perlas....
    thanks

....3 jalapeños, 1 beer, 2 songs with mariachi... and then.... mmmm what else girls???
    How about 1 jalapeño and 3 cervesas, and then maybe I can sing all night?

jandros said:

Ok about this initiation thing .... I've gotta tell you this. True story, Fort Worth Tejas, spring 1992:

I was dating a second-generation Mexican-American girl, Rodriguez de Guadalajara ... she was soooo beautiful!!! omg ....... and there was a nightclub, just south of Love Field in Dallas. 95% of the customers were from Mexico, Guatamala, El Salvador, etc. We danced and I took my Tecate with salt and lime and she drank Michelob or something, and a few times I even went there alone ... the place made my girlfriend nervous! .... but I had friends there.

I mentioned the place to another Mex-Am friend, and he said "Man you're crazy for going there!" ... well I guess his words were like "mal ventura" or something, cuz maybe 1-2 weeks after that .....

One night a guy from San Salvador waved and told me, "¡Venga! Venga" and we went out the back door. Then he held his hand up and said "wait....." and he listened .....

Finally he said "Ok .... somebody at the bar had a knife, and another guy said he was going out to get his gun. I think he's inside now. We don't want no part of this place man. Vamos." Something like that. We walked to the front and left, very quietly but very quickly. I (we) never went back there again.

But for 2 months it was fun. There was a band, but there were also 3 guys who sang special songs at tables. That's where I first heard "Collar de Perlas".

So the purpose of this whole story is to say: maybe you guys don't really need to initiate me I feel like I've "been there, done that" already

citlalli said:

... maybe jalapeno, even cayenne, but NO habanero. No no, forget it. I'm perfectly happy as a gringo/anglo/whatever anybody wants to call me ... even el pendejo, call me anything you want .... but I will not even touch or smell a habanero, no no no, forget it.
    Hehehe... yeah, habaneros are the hottest chilies I know, so I also normally avoid them... I hate it when my tongue goes numb while is on fire!

But my husband loves habaneros he's a crazy gringo!!!

citlalli said:

thanks
    How about 1 jalapeño and 3 cervesas, and then maybe I can sing all night?
    Oh come on! 3 jalapeños is nothing! even little kids eat jalapeños ... but ok... if you've got a nice voice then we'll let you off it with one chili and singing all night (no limits for cerveza or tequila )

citlalli said:

Ok about this initiation thing .... I've gotta tell you this. True story, Fort Worth Tejas, spring 1992:

...So the purpose of this whole story is to say: maybe you guys don't really need to initiate me I feel like I've "been there, done that" already
    Hehehe... good try my dear friend

citlalli said:

citlalli said:

You know we're only kidding... don't you?

jandros said:

You know we're only kidding... don't you?
    of course, it's just good fun!!

But Ana didn't say she's kidding ... or Zahra??? So, I don't know!!!

Zahra2008 said:

of course, it's just good fun!!

But Ana didn't say she's kidding ... or Zahra??? So, I don't know!!!
    mmm, of course im kidding..

Zahra2008 said:

heheh good choice...

jandros said:

Ok guys ... don't laugh at this crazy gringo loco ... but I forgot now much I used to like Los Tigres. Very clean sound, 'country', very nice!

So I'm ready ... ¿Donde está la cerveza?? ¡Hijole! ¡Orale! or something like that .... ayudame

I'm still trying to figure out the Fernandez family....

By the way, where's Ana?? Ana, is all of this too crazy for you?

But really, about music, this is more my speed:

Carlos and Jorge Santana, Guajira (I loooove that song!!) and Samba Pa' Ti (sweeeet) and Black Magic Woman/Gypsy Queen ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5u4Ag2qyco
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACdwCIld3kE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PGJC...eature=related

citlalli said:

Fernández clan:

Vicente is the father:

Alejandro is the son:

and Vicente jr. is the other son (I didn't know about him singing until Zahra mentioned it here!!!):