song in American Eagle

Thread: song in American Eagle

Tags: None
  1. dancerat2031 said:

Quote Originally Posted by lovesickened View Post
    I heard a song in American Eagle today that I had heard before, yet I can't remember the name!

It was a male singer, kind of alternative-dance kind of style, fast. The video had white robots in it. The song almost reminded me of Green Light by John Legend, in a way.

Thanks a ton if you know what I'm talking about!
    i believe this is universal mind contol by common i work at ae
  2. frothy soda said:

ok seriously guys, ive searched the entirety of the internets and asked everyone i know. so i joined these forum boards just to ask for the name of this song. I think some of you have already given a few details.

The song's video in american eagle has a female singer and the band includes guys and girls, and one black guy. they travel around the world in a van taking funny pictures. the pictures are like optical illusions that make them look like they're stepping on each other, or as big as the statue of liberty, etc. the video switches occasionally to a scene where the band is dressed in retro clothes and they dance in an alley and move toward the camera as the singer sings. at the end of the video, the van crashes and the members are thrown out of the van and as each passes, a picture is taken, and they land on the side of a road as the music stops.
  3. JustABoyOnTheNet said:

Talking Reggae-ish song on 2009 DVD.

Hey all.

I work for AE and there's this song on the new DVD that came out right after Holiday 2 that I can't get the name of for the life of me. It has a reggae-ish beat and it's really neat sounding. I went through all the 2009 playlist songs that someone else had posted and I can't find it. I don't know if it's an entire song to itself, or if it's just a snip-it of a song that I'm remembering...if it's a snip-it it's at the end of a song.

Anyone know what I'm talking about, or am I just a complete lunatic? Haha. Thanks
  4. BK4867 said:

Quote Originally Posted by frothy soda View Post
    ok seriously guys, ive searched the entirety of the internets and asked everyone i know. so i joined these forum boards just to ask for the name of this song. I think some of you have already given a few details.

The song's video in american eagle has a female singer and the band includes guys and girls, and one black guy. they travel around the world in a van taking funny pictures. the pictures are like optical illusions that make them look like they're stepping on each other, or as big as the statue of liberty, etc. the video switches occasionally to a scene where the band is dressed in retro clothes and they dance in an alley and move toward the camera as the singer sings. at the end of the video, the van crashes and the members are thrown out of the van and as each passes, a picture is taken, and they land on the side of a road as the music stops.
    I work at AE and I'm thinkin you're talking about Move by CSS. It was playing during Holiday 2, it's not on the new DVD tho, so you probably won't hear it there again.

JustABoyOnTheNet...I work there too.. I'm not for sure because the DVD has the full song on it, but I'm thinking of Jane Says by Jane's Addiction...it's video is just a bunch of clips of them on stage, but very reggae-ish.
    Last edited by BK4867; 01-17-2009 at 02:28 PM.
  5. seventeen4ever said:

i've been looking for this song i heard in AE today for hours!
    i only heard the end of the song, but i think it was a band with a male vocalist.
    the lyrics i remember aren't exact, but it was something like this:
    "play that funky song" and "goes like this, la la la"
    It sounds like a pop song, maybe techno-ish.
    please help, i'm going crazy here! thanks
  6. frothy soda said:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by BK4867 View Post
    I work at AE and I'm thinkin you're talking about Move by CSS. It was playing during Holiday 2, it's not on the new DVD tho, so you probably won't hear it there again.

and i'm thinking you are right. very very nice. you have made me a happy person. thank you!!

atmaestro said:

Quote Originally Posted by seventeen4ever View Post
    i've been looking for this song i heard in AE today for hours!
    i only heard the end of the song, but i think it was a band with a male vocalist.
    the lyrics i remember aren't exact, but it was something like this:
    "play that funky song" and "goes like this, la la la"
    It sounds like a pop song, maybe techno-ish.
    please help, i'm going crazy here! thanks
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I believe it is "Go On" by B. Reith
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title
  8. seventeen4ever said:

thank you so much! i can't even tell you how happy you just made me.
  9. JenaDarling said:

Quote Originally Posted by sushi155 View Post
    yep it was hey monday - homecoming that i was looking for. Thanks a lot!
    Ahh you seriously have no idea how much this friggin saved me. Its been bugging me for MONTHS! Thanks :]
  10. sarah_bear said:

Im trying to find out what song it was that i heard in american eagle..
    it was a really chill song...and the music video was two cartoon people...a boy and a girl sitting outside on a bench or something...and they were just sitting there singing...at first i thought it was really weird and a bit retarded but i like the song...someone please help me out!

thanks, Svetlana
  11. sarah_bear said:

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Steena View Post
    when did you hear it?
    and ... boy and girl singing means that it was a duet? or just a male/female singing and the cartoon figures?

yes it was a duet...and they were cartoon ppl.
  12. KingofSiam77 said:

Quote Originally Posted by sarah_bear View Post
    yes it was a duet...and they were cartoon ppl.
    i think its Peter, Bjorn & John - Young Folks
  13. KingofSiam77 said:

I was in American Eagle Saturday night in Fargo, ND. and i heard the end of this song. it was a male singer singing something about moving to LA and starting a band. it sound like an alternative song with a cool techno beat over the top of it. i only heard the last min. of it but has been killing me to find out.
  14. dgaudet said:

Talking American Eagle SOng

I was in American Eagle today and heard this song it kind of goes like they want what they know that they can have...It was a female and it kinda sounded like Indie music I cant find who sings it for the life of me! can anyone help?
  15. BK4867 said:

Try "The Fear" by Lily Allen
  16. asorrell said:

Default AE Song

I was at American Eagle today and there was this song i liked but i wasn't able to get the name of it. It had a rapper and a woman singing. The lyrics went something like "I hate that i love her" Does anyone know what this song is?
  17. thatchick said:

Quote Originally Posted by asorrell View Post
    I was at American Eagle today and there was this song i liked but i wasn't able to get the name of it. It had a rapper and a woman singing. The lyrics went something like "I hate that i love her" Does anyone know what this song is?
    Kidz In The Hall ft. ESTELLE "Love Hangover" ?
  18. thatchick said:

Quote Originally Posted by dgaudet View Post
    I was in American Eagle today and heard this song it kind of goes like they want what they know that they can have...It was a female and it kinda sounded like Indie music I cant find who sings it for the life of me! can anyone help?
    company of thieves - oscar wilde ???
  19. jman6784 said:

Default ayy

i went into ae yesterday and i heard this amazing song. i think its callled the doobie or something like that but i could not find it at all under that name. the music video has a guy laying on a bed playing a keyboard.....any help? thanks
  20. gadgetgirl79 said:

I was in AE last night and there was a song playing that was kinda slow with a female singer i can't remember any lyrics of course but it was something about love or lack of love something...i would really appreciate any ideas