Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Tags: None

.:BiLLiE:. said:

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by KShef View Post
    I'm thinking about getting a customized LA Angels shirt and a NY Mets shirt for my little girl ('cause she's my angel, and we like the Mets). I thought it be cool to get the Angels' made with Vladimir Guerrero's number (27) but with Guerrera on it, and the Mets' with Jose Reyes number (7) but with the name Reinas on it.

But, because she's a little girl, would it be better to put Guerrerita and Reinita on them, or is that too cute?
    In my humble opinion I think it's very sweet and not at all too cute!
  2. MaresLejanos said:

Quiero decirte que tuve dudas, y que estuve muy confundida. Pero he decido que nuestra felicidad es más importante que cualquier otra cosa. No voy a dejar a esos tontos causarnos más problemas, si me llaman colgaré. Lo único que voy a creer es lo que tú me dices, y lo que realmente veo. Nunca he dejado de amarte, ni por un segundo. He estado herida, confundida y triste, pero mi amor nunca se terminó. Nos estamos conociendo más cada día, y quiero que esto continúe por largo tiempo, ¡Por lo menos cien años más!. Siempre estaré aquí para tí de todas las maneras posibles, y te mostraré que tienes a una mujer que es fiel y verdera. Tú piensas que estoy enojada cuando no lo estoy. A veces mi confusión y tristeza se muestran como enojo, pero yo verdaderamente nunca he estado enojada contigo mi amor. Sólo Dios sabe los que nos depara el "futuro"/"mañana", pero por cada día que tenemos juntos, quiero que nos apreciemos el uno al otro, que nos completemos. A veces éste ha sido un viaje loco, pero que valió la pena hacer papi. ¡Tú lo eres todo para mí!

Wink

Mares, you are awesome!

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by KShef View Post
    I'm thinking about getting a customized LA Angels shirt and a NY Mets shirt for my little girl ('cause she's my angel, and we like the Mets). I thought it be cool to get the Angels' made with Vladimir Guerrero's number (27) but with Guerrera on it, and the Mets' with Jose Reyes number (7) but with the name Reinas on it.

But, because she's a little girl, would it be better to put Guerrerita and Reinita on them, or is that too cute?
    Sorry, I didn't realise you were asking for our opinions (I thought u had translated this for somebody else )... well, I agree with Zahra & Billie; it's definitely cute & nice, not kitschy at all
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

Zahra2008 said:

@Citlalli: como traducirias kitschy al español?
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

citlalli said:

“If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by citlalli View Post
    ahhh gracias .. no habia escuchado esa palabra!!

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    ahhh gracias .. no habia escuchado esa palabra!!
    Es alemana, pero ya se coló en el inglés también

Question Phrases...

Would you please translate these sayings/phrases (and one article)?

*I'm the girl who worries as you walk out the door, the girl who will stand by you through everything. The girl who is proud to say you are mine. I'm the girl who loves you with my whole heart.

*The woman came from a man's rib, not from his feet to be walked on, not from his head to be superior, but from the side to be equal, under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved.

*I like to think that God sends us special people to share our lives...very special people we can be ourselves with, talk with, laugh with, hope with, and believe with..people like you. I'm sure He knows just how special you are to me...and right now, I'm hoping that you know too.

*Inside Each of Us Are Two Wolves.
    One is Evil. It is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego.
    One is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.
    Which wolf wins? The on you feed the most!

*This is a picture from an article called "The Rescuing Hug". The article details the first week of life of a set of twins. Apparently each were in their respective incubators, and one was not expected to live. A hospital nurse fought against the hospital rules and placed the babies in one incubator. When they were placed together, the healthier of the two threw an arm over her sister in an endearing embrace. The smaller baby's heart rate stabilized and her temperature rose to normal. Let us not forget to embrace those whom we love.

This is the actual picture from that article!

.:BiLLiEhDz:.

Zahra2008 said:

*I'm the girl who worries as you walk out the door, the girl who will stand by you through everything. The girl who is proud to say you are mine. I'm the girl who loves you with my whole heart.

* Soy la chica que se preocupa cuando sales por la puerta, la chica que estará a tú lado a través de todo. La chica que se siente orgullosa de decir que eres mío. Soy la chica que te ama con todo mi corazón.

*The woman came from a man's rib, not from his feet to be walked on, not from his head to be superior, but from the side to be equal, under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved.

* La mujer proviene de una costilla del hombre, no de sus pies para ser pisoteada, no de su cabeza para ser superior, pero proviene del lado para ser igual, debajo del brazo para ser protegida, y al lado del corazón para ser amada.

*I like to think that God sends us special people to share our lives...very special people we can be ourselves with, talk with, laugh with, hope with, and believe with..people like you. I'm sure He knows just how special you are to me...and right now, I'm hoping that you know too.

* Me gusta pensar que Dios nos envía personas especiales para compartir nuestras vidas ... personas muy especiales con quien podemos ser nosotros, con quien platicar, con quien reir, con quien (tener) esperanza, y creer.. ersonas como tú. Estoy segura(o=male) de que Él sabe lo especial que eres para mí ... y ahora, espero que también lo sepas.

*Inside Each of Us Are Two Wolves.
    One is Evil. It is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego.
    One is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.
    Which wolf wins? The on you feed the most!

* Dentro de cada uno de nosotros hay dos lobos.
    Uno de ellos es el mal. Es la ira, envidia, dolor, pesar, la avaricia, la arrogancia, la autocompasión, la culpa, resentimiento, inferioridad, mentiras, falso orgullo, superioridad y ego.
    Uno de ellos es el bien. Es la alegría, la paz, el amor, la esperanza, la serenidad, la humildad, la bondad, la benevolencia, la empatía, la generosidad, la verdad, la compasión y la fe.
    Qué lobo gana? Al que alimentes más!

*This is a picture from an article called "The Rescuing Hug". The article details the first week of life of a set of twins. Apparently each were in their respective incubators, and one was not expected to live. A hospital nurse fought against the hospital rules and placed the babies in one incubator. When they were placed together, the healthier of the two threw an arm over her sister in an endearing embrace. The smaller baby's heart rate stabilized and her temperature rose to normal. Let us not forget to embrace those whom we love.

* Esta es una foto de un artículo llamado "El rescate de abrazar (El abrazo rescatador)". El artículo detalla la primera semana de vida unos gemelos. Al parecer, cada uno estaba en sus respectivas incubadoras, y uno no se esperaba que vivierá. Una enfermera del hospital lucho contra las normas del hospital y colocó a los bebés en una incubadora. Cuando fueron colocados juntos, el más sano de los dos tiró un brazo sobre su hermana en un entrañable abrazo. El pequeño ritmo cardíaco del bebé se estabilizó y su temperatura subió a la normalidad. No olvidemos de abrazar a los que amamos

this is soo cute...

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post

* Me gusta pensar que Dios nos envía personas especiales para compartir nuestras vidas ... personas muy especiales con quien podemos ser nosotros, con quien platicar, con quien reir, con quien (tener) esperanza, y creer.. ersonas como tú. Estoy segura(o=male) de que Él sabe lo especial que eres para mí ... y ahora, espero que también lo sepas.
    Would this quote sound ok using the word "novios" instead of "personas"?

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by .:BiLLiE:. View Post
    Would this quote sound ok using the word "novios" instead of "personas"?
    If you write "novios" (plural) it would be sound like you have a lot of boyfriends, let me write the quote for you in singular way..

* Me gusta pensar que Dios nos envía un novio para compartir nuestras vidas ... un novio muy especial con quien podemos ser nosotras, con quien platicar, con quien reir, con quien (tener) esperanza, y creer.. un novio como tú. Estoy segura de que Él sabe lo especial que eres para mí ... y ahora, espero que también lo sepas.

Thank you so much Zahra! I'm glad I hadn't already sent it! lol

Zahra2008 said:

Thank you so much Zahra! I'm glad I hadn't already sent it! lol
    ohh Im glad to help you.. really!!

Default Did I translate this correctly?

My boyfriend wrote "Me encanta tu y tu vida, lo que piensa y ase" Does that say "I love you and your life, what you think and do"?

Zahra2008 said:

My boyfriend wrote "Me encanta tu y tu vida, lo que piensa y ase" Does that say "I love you and your life, what you think and do"?
    there's a misspelling its hace instead ase... but you got it... well done Billie!!

One day I'm going to post only in Spanish! Thanks for all your help!

Anubisu said:

Since I got the lyrics of a song by Angra (heavy metal band) I've been wondering this...

How would be the proper translation into Spanish of the phrase "destined by fate"? It's kind of redundant, and I only figured to replace "destino" for something like "fortuna", but I don't really know..
    ~Ichi to sen toki boku ga okite iru yume mita shizuka ni naiteta~

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Anubisu View Post
    Since I got the lyrics of a song by Angra (heavy metal band) I've been wondering this...

How would be the proper translation into Spanish of the phrase "destined by fate"? It's kind of redundant, and I only figured to replace "destino" for something like "fortuna", but I don't really know..
    destinado por el destino == si bastante redundante ... yo usaria:

destinado por la fortuna/casualidad

Wink More Phrases!

Could you please translate these? Thank you!

*People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will NEVER forget the way you made them feel.

*Love me without fear. Trust me without restriction. Want me without demand. Accept me how I am.

*Touch a woman's heart, you get her love. Touch a woman's mind, you get her interest. Touch a woman's soul, and you get passion beyond your wildest dreams.

*Well that's what we do. We fight, you tell me when I'm being an arrogant son of a b!tch and I tell you when you are a pain in the @$$; which you are 99% of the time. You have like a two second rebound rate and then you're back to doing the next pain-in-the-@$$ thing...So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you. Forever.
    (This one is a quote from the movie The Notebook!)