Miscellaneous (not lyrics) SR/CR/BH <-> EN Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) SR/CR/BH <-> EN Translations

Tags: None
  1. ina said:

Quote Originally Posted by Spring View Post
    1)
    I must admit I've never heard the word "zamotak" before.. more likely - zamotuljak. Although, according to my dictionary it should be the same as "omot".. But that is not the case..

zamotak = omot - wrapping
    zamotuljak - package; bundle
    1) sam samcat is more common

2)Zamotak is common, why? zamotak = bigger zamotuljak or it's opposite - zamotuljak = small zamotak (because you usually carry small things with you). But zamotak sounds already as diminutive...

Yeeah, after who....thanks!

Paulien said:

Can someone please tell me what malo te ma'uli means?
    Nije ljubav sve sto vidis.. zato pazi kome zavidis!

Spring said:

Malo te ma'uli = Goedemorgen / Goodmorning i.e. Hello (in the morning) in Uvean / Wallisian language (Wallis and Futuna)

lol

where did you get that from?

Paulien said:

Malo te ma'uli = Goedemorgen / Goodmorning i.e. Hello (in the morning) in Uvean / Wallisian language (Wallis and Futuna)

lol

where did you get that from?
    A friend of mine (also Dutch) knows a girl from Serbia and she said that to him. But he didn`t knew what it meant and I didn`t knew either.. so I thought someone here would know
    But I thought that it meant something like ' a little bit .... ' because of the word malo.

But what is Uvean / Wallisian language? Is that spoken in SErbia?
    Last edited by Paulien; 08-11-2009 at 02:44 AM.

Spring said:

noooo lol
    I just googled it and found it.. The language is spoken in Wallis and Futuna - a Polynesian French island territory in the South Pacific between Fiji and Samoa.
    (not that I ever heard of it before )

e.g.
    malo te zezam in Serbian means "I'm teasing you a bit"

malo = a bit, little, few, some

But ma'uli doesn't exist in Serbian which is why I quit on the idea that it's something in Serbian

Paulien said:

No I haven`t heard from it either lol
    I`m kinda asking myself why this girl talk to my friend in that language..

But anyways.. thank you for explaining Spring, now I`ve learned something new lol

Spring said:

Probably it was a joke or some terribly coincidental misspelling

skys not the limit said:

What does this quote mean?
    "Zasto te nema zasto nedolazis ko kakva bolest iz glave ne izlazis"

I sorta get part of it but i'm having a hard time translating it

Spring said:

"Zasto te nema zasto nedolazis ko kakva bolest iz glave ne izlazis" =

"Why aren't you here? why aren't you coming? like some sort of disease (you're) stuck in my head"

Spring said:

Kako bi preveli "street-wise"? ali treba mi neka poetska varijanta

Where's the street wise Hercules to fight the rising odds?

Zahal said:

Šta ovo znači?

1. Ali princeza ništa ne odgovori i ponovo poče da PREMEĆE narukvice u rukama.
    2. Uskoro će prestati dejstvo omamljujućeg sredstva. PLAŠIM SE DA SE STRAŽARI NE PROBUDE.

U vezi sa tačkom 2, ja bih je preveo kao ovo:
    "I fear that the guards will wake up."
    But the "ne" in the second sentence is confusing me!

Hvala unapred!

Zahal said:

...a šta je ovo?
    "jel se meni cini ili je ovo Sarajka zafitiljio malo hahahahahahahahahahahaha"

13. ina said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zahal View Post
    Šta ovo znači?

1. Ali princeza ništa ne odgovori i ponovo poče da PREMEĆE narukvice u rukama.
    2. Uskoro će prestati dejstvo omamljujućeg sredstva. PLAŠIM SE DA SE STRAŽARI NE PROBUDE.

U vezi sa tačkom 2, ja bih je preveo kao ovo:
    "I fear that the guards will wake up."
    But the "ne" in the second sentence is confusing me!

Hvala unapred!
    PREMEĆE - premeštati - to transpose, dislocate, displace, flit, permute
    but in the sentence - to twiddle, I believe, she started to twiddle with bracelets...

PLAŠIM SE DA SE STRAŽARI NE PROBUDE.
    I am afraid / I fear (that) the guards could wake up.
    I fear that the guards will wake up - strahujem/bojim se da će se stražari probuditi.

fitilj - fuse, primer
    zafitiljiti - to prime (The bomb was primed, ready to explode), or something like he got angry, he is boiling inside, fired up... I am not sure.

14. ina said:

Kako bi preveli "street-wise"? ali treba mi neka poetska varijanta

Where's the street wise Hercules to fight the rising odds?
    Pa koliko streetwise može da bude poetsko... nemam pojma, mi valjda kažemo vispren, sviđa mi se kako zvuči Ili možda dovitljiv, okretan, snalažljiv, maher...

Mĺneblomst said:

can someone tell me what does exaclty mean "slijedeci koncerti u planu: Banjaluka,Tuzla ,Bihac..." I understand concerts and the 3 last words are names of Bosnian cities

and also how would you say something like "he's the smartest person I've ever met, with just 3 words he changed my life forever" ?

hvala
    Twój świat kręci się wokół mnie
    En pige danser i flammernes skćr
    Mĺneblomst hun danser som den varme vind og ulvene hyler i nat ★

16. zana said:

Quote Originally Posted by Mĺneblomst View Post
    can someone tell me what does exaclty mean "slijedeci koncerti u planu: Banjaluka,Tuzla ,Bihac..." I understand concerts and the 3 last words are names of Bosnian cities

and also how would you say something like "he's the smartest person I've ever met, with just 3 words he changed my life forever" ?

hvala
    sljedeći koncerti u planu means: next concerts are planned (and here goes names of three cities)

and "he's the smartest person I've ever met, with just 3 words he changed my life forever" would be: On je najpametnija osoba koju sam ikada upoznao, sa samo 3 riječi promijenio mi je život zauvijek.

17. ina said:

Evo nove reči u našem jeziku:

Umetnost i nauka koučinga...

(Saznajte šta je koučing i kako da upravljate sobom u svojim najslabijim fazama, izgradite unutrašnju tačku posmatranja, uživate u svakoj fazi projekta i da ga završite sa entuzijazmom i uspehom...)

Zvezda said:

I was wondering whether somebody could please help me with the following situation. So, I will have to address a group of people from BiH (both from Republika Srpska and the federation of BiH). So I would like to tell them
    "Hello. Welcome (all) to England, I am pleased to meet you (all)"

So I was thinking of saying: " Dobar dan, dobrodosli 'to England'. Drago mi je da smo se upoznali" but I think that is not correct. Could somebody please suggest an appropriate greeting? This is a very formal event.

Thanks very much in advance
    Bio je Novembar 2009 godine, zamišljao sam kako hodaš ulicom Bana Jelačića cipelama od zmijske kože..

Spring said:

hm... you will great the group so, I don't think you can say you are pleased to meet them because you wont yet know them at the time

Maybe just "Dobar dan. Dobrodošli u Englesku"
    or
    "Dobar dan. Zadovoljstvo mi je da vam poželim dobrodošlicu u Englesku ...~~~"
    ~~~ can be = u ime ... (e.g. your company/organization name)

Mĺneblomst said:

can someone please tell me what all this is about? (you don't have to translate the whole thing, just tell me the main idea)
    are they splitting up? or is just Nikol leaving the group?

"Feminnem ponovno duo: Neda i Pamela raskinule suradnju s Nikol

IAKO nas je Neda Parmać nedavno uvjeravala kako priče o mogućem raspadu tria Feminnem nisu istinite, do njega je ipak došlo. "Definitivno ne mijenjamo članicu i ne raspadamo se. Sve se može dogovoriti i riješiti", tvrdila je nedavno Neda, ali i znakovito naglasila kako će Feminnem postojati dok god su ona i Pamela tu.

Ona i Pamela su tu, ali pridošla članica, koja je zamijenila Ivanu Marić, Nikol Bulat više nije. Priča se kako se djevojkama nije sviđalo Nikolino često samostalno pojavljivanje u novinama, ali Neda nam je rekla kako trenutno ne želi ništa komentirati.

Iako bez Nikol, djevojke ne odustaju od planova

Feminnem su 22. kolovoza nastupile na Gozo Music Festivalu na Malti, a umjesto Bulat, s kojom su suradnju prekinule prije pet dana, pjevala je Jelena Mijić. Djevojke su se predstavile polusatnim programom koji je uključivao kako njihove, tako i strane pjesme popularnih izvođača.

Iako je naglasila kako ne želi ništa komentirati, pa čak ni potvrditi ime Nikoline nasljednice, Neda Parmać je najavila kako će ju predstaviti na splitskom koncertu za fond Ane Rukavine u četvrtak. Djevojke ne odustaju ni od novog albuma, nastupa na Mallorci te suradnje s Bugarom Mirom na pjesmi "Milijun razloga"

also, if ružice is little rose, what's little flower?

Hvala
    Twój świat kręci się wokół mnie
    En pige danser i flammernes skćr
    Mĺneblomst hun danser som den varme vind og ulvene hyler i nat ★