Solved: do you know this?

Thread: Solved: do you know this?

Tags: None
  1. sevens said:

Thumbs up Solved: do you know this?

Hello everyone. this may be hard, i've heard this song in the 90s,its similar to baz lurhmans sunscreen song it is a spoken naration without background music by a deep melodius male voice about how to live and behave to others in life and has a memorable part that goes something like this "avoid these people for they are an anathema to the soul" it is not really religious but encourages you not to envy others and treasure what you have such as family in many ways to me much more profound even than the sunsreen but i have not heard it for years (originally on radio). i would like my children to hear it as i have never forgotten it. the voice reminds me of someone like Kamahl.i would be very gratefull to find it again as its not religious but its message is like a code of conduct on what to discard (like destructive people-anathema to the soul)
    thanks to any who read this and if hopefully someone remembers a name please listen as it may just help you to.

2. liannalondon said:

is it Les Crane Desiderata? It's from 1971.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqqsJJ08-uQ

3. sevens said:

thank you so much liannalondon that is it , i'm that happy i could kiss you (only if your female lol) though i'm not good looking so you probably wouldn't haha
    jokes aside you have made my week and i'm grateful to you for bothering to reply. i have looked for about 12months only by memory but it is worth listening to. thank you liannalondon

4. liannalondon said:

aaah thanks, just glad I could help