The anger starts to rise
    Your scarred
    He has gone too far
    The tears
    Always living in fear
    End it
    And I will try to mend it

PointZero said:

Hey, I read all of your lyrics, and they're really good. But maybe you should try structuring your songs a little different. The use of words is great, but maybe you should try to add a little more. Keep up the great work!

3. JeffM said:

Thank you, I always appreciate tips. What exactly do you mean by adding a little bit more? I'm rather new to writing lyrics and just started because of some recent inspiration. Are you referring to adding more in the way of Verse/Chorus/Bridge structuring?

PointZero said:

Quote Originally Posted by JeffM View Post
    Thank you, I always appreciate tips. What exactly do you mean by adding a little bit more? I'm rather new to writing lyrics and just started because of some recent inspiration. Are you referring to adding more in the way of Verse/Chorus/Bridge structuring?
    What I mean is that by adding more you should maybe add some more wording into the lines to vary it up, but still keep a rhythm. And also you could try to mess around with the V/C/V/C/B/C set up, that set up is what most every song uses, and gets really boring after a while. But, nonetheless, you're lyrics are good! Especially for a beginner! Try to look at some other people's lyrics on the forum, and maybe it will give you some ideas. Also, check mine out!

5. JeffM said:

That is some good advice, and I will certainly work on a slightly altered scheme. I read a few of your lyrics so far, and they are pretty good. Always seems to have a good message between the lines. Keep it coming!

MoonRide*r* said:

Jeff, I read your posts days ago but I couldn't login and post. You wrote a lot of good stuff, really good, and yeah it'll be good if you can work some structure into it (carefully) but the word-flow itself is just great. In fact it's so good that this one pissed me off a coupla times ... keep it up, I'll be eager to read everything you put out here.
    There is no glamour in sudden death, and nobody ever wins a war.
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>
    ROCK 'n' Roll Halls of Fame

7. JeffM said:

Thank you, I appreciate the reception I have had so far from all of you. This is actually the first song I ever wrote, and it seems you got the feeling that I had when I wrote this.