Default Fall 1 2011 - DePaul University

Black Lips - Modern Art
    Foster The People - Call It What You Want
    Black Lips - New Direction
    Toddla T - Watch Me Dance
    The Strokes - You Only Live Once
    Beastie Boys - Make Some Noise
    Free Energy - Bang Pop
    Ellie Goulding - Starry Eyed (Penguin Prison Remix featuring Theophilus London)
    Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears - Booty City
    The Postelles - 123 Stop
    Smith Westerns - Weekend
    Jhameel - Shut Up
    Foo Fighters - Walk
    Sleigh Bells - Riot Rhythm
    Local Natives - Sun Hands
    Natalia Kills - Free (feat. Will.I.Am)
    Fool's Gold - The Dive
    Bright Eyes - Jejune Stars
    Noah and the Whale - Tonight's The Kind of Night (RAC Mix)
    The Thermals - Returning To The Fold
    Man Man - Knuckle Down
    The Decemberists - Don't Carry It All
    White Denim - I Start To Run
    Outasight - Figure 8
    Wavves - King Of The Beach
    Death Cab For Cutie - Home Is A Fire
    Mally - 7 Keys
    Cold War Kids - Louder Than Ever
    The Morning Benders - Promises
    Drop The Lime - Hot As Hell
    White Denim - It's Him
    Matt & Kim - Block After Block
    Tapes N' Tapes - Badaboom
    Pavement - Cut Your Hair
    Darwin Deez - Up In The Clouds
    Fang Island - Daisy
    Cults - Go Outside
    Peter, Bjorn & John - Dig A Little Deeper
    The Walkmen - Angela Surf City
    Blitzen Trapper - Wild Mountain Nation
    Dusty Rhodes and the River Band - All One
    1,2,3 - Work
    Beck - Que Onda Guero
    Pinback - Blue Harvest
    Viva Brother - New Year's Day
    Digitalism - Forrest Gump
    Sleeper Agent - Get It Daddy
    Tellison - Say Silence (Heaven & Earth)
    Swedish House Mafia - Save The World Tonight
    Frankmusik - Do It In The AM (Dave Aude Remix)
    Big Talk - Getaways
    CSS - Hits Me Like A Rock
    Mates of State - Maracas
    CSS - Off The Hook
    A Home. A Heart. Whatever. - Crystaleyed
    Born Ruffians - Barnacle Goose
    Atlas Genius - Trojans
    Cassettes Won't Listen - Perfect Day
    Milagres - Here To Stay
    Stardeath and White Dwarfs - New Heat

That's all I got for right now. I like this one so far, no recurring songs, no denim song, just music straight through.
    Last edited by SteelersFreak1; 10-04-2011 at 04:34 PM.
  2. Rufus said:

from what I've been told, this cd is actually in the process of being removed. Supposedly, a couple stores have played this in advance and have had complaints about the content of some of the songs. I don't know just yet what is going to happen to the cd, if we can keep it or not. This happened last year at holiday where our store had the same cd from october in december and january bc someone complained about the other cds. I really don't see the problem with them bc the music in my store isn't blasting over everyone.
  3. SteelersFreak1 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    from what I've been told, this cd is actually in the process of being removed. Supposedly, a couple stores have played this in advance and have had complaints about the content of some of the songs. I don't know just yet what is going to happen to the cd, if we can keep it or not. This happened last year at holiday where our store had the same cd from october in december and january bc someone complained about the other cds. I really don't see the problem with them bc the music in my store isn't blasting over everyone.
    Weird. I can't think of anything that's really objectionable. The song by Mally is a pretty straight up rap song, but there's no language or anything. The last playlist I remember getting removed was from last year's BTS that had OMG by Usher on it.

Hco471Model said:

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersFreak1 View Post
    Weird. I can't think of anything that's really objectionable. The song by Mally is a pretty straight up rap song, but there's no language or anything. The last playlist I remember getting removed was from last year's BTS that had OMG by Usher on it.
    That one got banned because of the swearing in the Dr. Dog song and because of the MGMT "Flash Delirium" music video. I hope the guy who thought it was a good idea to show that music video in stores got fired. My store is TV-less, so we kept the playlist. It was a good one.

And "Hot As Hell" by Drop The Lime is a hot as hell track.

---
    PS. I hope everyone likes STICKLEY (and the denim song!) from BTS 2 because Fall 1 is OFFICIALLY BANNED! Could it have been banned because of "Hot As Hell"'s repeated usage of "c'mon dammit gonna' make you mine?"
    Last edited by Hco471Model; 09-04-2011 at 12:47 AM.
  5. SteelersFreak1 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Hco471Model View Post
    That one got banned because of the swearing in the Dr. Dog song and because of the MGMT "Flash Delirium" music video. I hope the guy who thought it was a good idea to show that music video in stores got fired. My store is TV-less, so we kept the playlist. It was a good one.

And "Hot As Hell" by Drop The Lime is a hot as hell track.

---
    PS. I hope everyone likes STICKLEY (and the denim song!) from BTS 2 because Fall 1 is OFFICIALLY BANNED! Could it have been banned because of "Hot As Hell"'s repeated usage of "c'mon dammit gonna' make you mine?"
    There's no way, that would be a ludicrous reason to ban a playlist. I would say it could be because of Make Some Noise by the Beastie Boys since even though its censored its really clear they say mfer in the chorus, but we had that song on our LAST playlist.

If anything, it SHOULD be banned because of how horrible "Free" by Natalia Kills and Will.I.Am is, that song is an insult to my intelligence.

And I suppose there's an outside chance its because of Booty City by Black Joe Lewis.
  6. pdx said:

I wasn't able to find it listening to this list, but I was at an AE today, and heard a song with "waking up to a rising moon" something like that. It was male vocals, chorus went into something like "everyone" or "people can be strange" or "weird", kinda vague on what I remember from the moment. For certain is wasn't Moonless March, however. If anyone has an idea, that would be killer
  7. Srf88203 said:

The playlist was actually removed because in Beck's song he say a bad word in Spanish. Our new cd is SO MUCH better anyway.

Hco471Model said:

It was really dead today, so I put in Fall 1 for giggles. It's a great playlist. We all really enjoyed it.

One more:
    Big Talk - Getaways
    Last edited by Hco471Model; 09-11-2011 at 09:29 PM.

Hco471Model said:

FALL 2

It was DePaul University again, same DJs, but the playlist was pretty much constant dance.
    "Hello" - Martin Solveig f. Dragonette (one of my favorite songs, ever)
    "I Wanna Go" - Britney
    "Ready To Go" - Panic! At the Disco
    "You Make Me Feel" - Cobra Starship
    "When Did Your Heart Go Missing" - Rooney
    "Cough Syrup" - Young The Giant

Btw that song I gave you above is actually Big Talk, not Big Time. Sorry 'bout that.
    Last edited by Hco471Model; 09-13-2011 at 09:39 PM.
  10. Rufus said:

Yea...they brought a modified CD, but I still can't think of what has been taken off...mainly bc Booty City was kept on there. But I agree, this CD is probably one of the best in a long time...
  11. Rufus said:

I also think most of these songs are no longer on there, but it's gonna take some major listening to figure out which are new or have been taken off.
  12. Dan BigDan Eveline said:

I tried finding the 7 Keys song by Mally, because I really enjoyed it, but I have had no luck whatsoever, does anyone know whereabouts I can find the song? I checked iTunes, I even checked YouTube but nowhere has the song

I do like however, that the new playlist has Last Name London by Theophilus London. I love that song haha

Hco471Model said:

Beck's extremely dirty "Que Onda Guero" is gone. Apparently the AE music directors don't understand LA Spanish slang.

Some of these songs are actually still on there and I love this new CD. Summer 2010 quality. I got so excited when they used "Hello" in one of the Summer AETV's, thinking it would be coming on the Summer 2 CD, but it never did. Finally, we've got it. "When Did Your Heart Go Missing" takes me back to my Hollister days.

Also BigDan - http://mally.bandcamp.com/album/7-days. It's apparently free.
    Last edited by Hco471Model; 09-13-2011 at 09:48 PM.
  14. psizzle said:

My store in Maryland got the new CD for Fall, and I watched the video for Cobra Starship "You make me feel" and they flip you off twice. I also heard the reason why they removed the last CD was because one of the rap songs had the word "Vagi" instead of "Vagina", but if you listen to it, you can clearly figure out what he's saying lol.
  15. spottedspot said:

Quote Originally Posted by psizzle View Post
    My store in Maryland got the new CD for Fall, and I watched the video for Cobra Starship "You make me feel" and they flip you off twice. I also heard the reason why they removed the last CD was because one of the rap songs had the word "Vagi" instead of "Vagina", but if you listen to it, you can clearly figure out what he's saying lol.
    i noticed that about the CS video too. like "good job AE, let's take away a CD for being inappropriate, but replace it with a video that flips you off..twice" also, the hot hot heat's "bandages" and the faint's "desperate guys" remind me of high school. ahh, the good ole days...
  16. spottedspot said:

ps, what's the song about the trumpets? with the british rapper?
  17. psizzle said:

Quote Originally Posted by spottedspot View Post
    ps, what's the song about the trumpets? with the british rapper?
    It's called "Down with the trumpets" but don't know who the band or rapper is.

Hco471Model said:

So those songs I posted (and the CD we are now talking about) is actually Fall 2, which is scheduled to start September 20. Until then, a company-wide order has been given to play BTS2.
  19. Pwelbs said:

Hey guys - my name is Patrick. I actually put together the playlist together for DePaul University along with my co-workers Nathan and Charles.

The Mally song is titled "7 Days" and can be downloaded over at his bandcamp page. http://mally.bandcamp.com/

Feel free to reach out to me on Twitter: @Pwelbs

Mixalopoulos said:

Quote Originally Posted by psizzle View Post
    It's called "Down with the trumpets" but don't know who the band or rapper is.
    Rizzle Kicks - Down With The Trumpets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ip8OsExLJs
    Ρεμπέτικο για πάντα. Μάγκες είμαστε.