General chit-chat off-topic discussion (split)

Thread: General chit-chat off-topic discussion (split)

Tags: None

citlalli said:

Dmoney, I agree with Zahra; if they're strict then you should definitely leave any bad words out, and avoid even slang like "chido", "chale", etc. Also, try not to kiss or touch your girl in front of them and avoid making remarks referring to sex. Make some nice respectful compliments to her mom. Concerning the 3 ticklish topics of politics, religion and football, avoid them unless you're sure you're in the same "frequence" with them Buena suerte!!!
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.
  2. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by citlalli View Post
    Dmoney, I agree with Zahra; if they're strict then you should definitely leave any bad words out, and avoid even slang like "chido", "chale", etc. Also, try not to kiss or touch your girl in front of them and avoid making remarks referring to sex. Make some nice respectful compliments to her mom. Concerning the 3 ticklish topics of politics, religion and football, avoid them unless you're sure you're in the same "frequence" with them Buena suerte!!!
    woah, even chido? damn, i just picture being like that around some of my homeboys' moms (most are straight paisas jaja). i talk to them just like they're my friends (except i use usted when i talk to them). i think i'm good then, the rest of that stuff is pretty basic. just wanna make sure there's nothing i may not know, that could ruin everything if i'm not careful. thanks

btw, what's chale even mean? i've heard it a lot, but never figured it out

citlalli said:

Hehe... well, if the family is super strict yes, it's best to avoid any sort of slang and bad words altogether if they are just average strict I think you could get away with slang, and since you're a foreigner they won't be too offended if a "small" bad word slips out of your lips every now and then (like "pinche",) and they may even find it funny; however, it won't be funny at all if one of the big words such as "culero", "cabrón", "verga", "ojete", etc, slips away, those words are to be avoided at any cost, ok?

Concerning "chale", it can have many translations, I think in most cases it's something like "no way!", "yeah... sure!" and it's a bit sarcastic. I found a thread about this word and I thought you may find it interesting:

http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=89889
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.
  4. dmoney101 said:

Hehe... well, if the family is super strict yes, it's best to avoid any sort of slang and bad words altogether if they are just average strict I think you could get away with slang, and since you're a foreigner they won't be too offended if a "small" bad word slips out of your lips every now and then (like "pinche",) and they may even find it funny; however, it won't be funny at all if one of the big words such as "culero", "cabrón", "verga", "ojete", etc, slips away, those words are to be avoided at any cost, ok?

Concerning "chale", it can have many translations, I think in most cases it's something like "no way!", "yeah... sure!" and it's a bit sarcastic. I found a thread about this word and I thought you may find it interesting:

http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=89889
    i think for once, my dominican vocabulary is gonna help me out with mexicans jaja because i don't say hardly any mexican words other than pinche, but i do say coño about 20 times a minute lol. i should be good though. i can talk well in english, so i'll just have to do the same in a different language
    and my homeboy told me if things are goin bad, i can always say "tengo papeles" :P. half my friends are illegal and they all seem to think i should tell every girl i meet that lol

citlalli said:

Hahaha if you speak using dominican vocabulary a translator may be needed LOL ... yeah, I guess that the "papeles" argument may come handy in an emergency case Good luck!!!
  6. dmoney101 said:

Hahaha if you speak using dominican vocabulary a translator may be needed LOL ... yeah, I guess that the "papeles" argument may come handy in an emergency case Good luck!!!
    yea, i have to talk sooooo slow when i talk to mexicans because i gotta think "hmmm, i wonder if they have this word or not" lol.
  7. MaresLejanos said:

¡Estraño un montón escribir en español!

Zahra2008 said:

ya lo creo amiga... porque se te olvido que es extraño no estraño
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!
  9. MaresLejanos said:

Uhhh!!!!

Eso fue grave!!!! voy a aflojarle al agua de la heladera, no me deja pensar claramente!!!

istanbulgal said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    ya lo creo amiga... porque se te olvido que es extraño no estraño
    LOL, yo tambien lo note pero pense que a lo mejor era yo la que se estaba olvidando. Mares, no te preocupes, sabemos que la 's' y 'x' are very close to each other on the keyboard, so it was only a typo., right?!
    Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.
    Albert Einstein
  11. MaresLejanos said:

Quote Originally Posted by istanbulgal View Post
    LOL, yo tambien lo note pero pense que a lo mejor era yo la que se estaba olvidando. Mares, no te preocupes, sabemos que la 's' y 'x' are very close to each other on the keyboard, so it was only a typo., right?!
    Es probable que haya sido un error de tipeo... Diría más que probable, porque prácticamente no tengo error de ortografía y a esa palabra la conozco más que bien, es imposible que la escriba mal... Sí, debo admitir, soy muuuuuuuuuy distraída, y puedo no darme cuenta de lo que escribo ni ver errores de tipeo hasta un buen rato luego con la mente más fría...

Me cuesta mucho escribir, me duelen mucho los brazos y la espalda . La próxima vez que se me ocurra pintar, me voy a convecer a golpes de lo contrario... ¡Necesito una ducha, y la necesito ya!

citlalli said:

Hola chicos y chicas

Ya estoy de vuelta por estos lares, aunque creo que los proximos días andaré un poco ocupada porque viene a visitarnos mi cuñada en unos días De cualquier modo deseaba saludarlos y desearles una buena semana
  13. MaresLejanos said:

¡Bienvenida niña!

¿Por dónde has andado? (¿Y por qué yo no tengo un souvenir? )

Buena semana para tí tambien.

Zahra2008 said:

Citlalli, hola amiga como te fue en Londres? espero que todo bien!!

Hola Mares, Istanbulgal... como estan chicas ?
  15. MaresLejanos said:

Hola Zahra,

Desayunando y con sueño ... Quiero seguir durmiendo hasta pasado mañana . Bueno, me voy a cambiar de ropa, ir a trabajar en pijama no es precisamente lo mejor .

Besos.

istanbulgal said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    Hola Mares, Istanbulgal... como estan chicas ?
    Hola Zahra: aun riendome con la respuesta que le diste a Mares sobre la x; que divertida eres a veces.

Mares: tu puedes dormir todo el dia el 9 de Julio. Espero te estes sintiendo mejor; deja la pintura por unos dias y recuerda de abrir las ventanas mientras no estes en casa, se que hace frio por alla, pero es necesario ahora. Nosotros por aca la tenemos abiertas aun cuando hace -20 afuera y despues ni la podemos cerrar pues se congelan entero.

Citlalli: que coincidencia, yo hace poco regrese de esos lados tambien.
    Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character.
    Albert Einstein

citlalli said:

Hola guapas

@Mares: ¿Cuáles souvenirs??? Sí, como Zahra ya dijo, me fui de fin de semana a Londres, y antes de eso estuve trabajando como loca para poderme dar mi escapada

@Zahra: Muy bien gracias a Dios. Tuvimos suerte y nos tocó un clima fenomenal y el teatro también estuvo muy padre

@Istanbulgal: Ve, a lo mejor nos cruzamos en el metro o en Leicester Square sin saberlo

Zahra2008 said:

@Mares: bueno te puedes ir en pijama a trabajar pero creo que te van a ver medio rara no? jajaja

@Istanbulgal: bueno si a veces puedo ser divertida...

@Citlalli: ahh que bueno que te divertiste mucho por aquellos rumbos...

yo me ire por unos dias a Mexicali, el Miercoles operan a mi hermano de la nariz, y mi madre y yo.. vamos a apoyar y ayudar en todo lo que podamos a mi hermano, y de paso a visitar a mi familia... y a besuquiar mucho a mis sobrinos jajajaja...

asi que si no ve "ven" en algunos dias.. ya saben porque!

citlalli said:

LOL That's one advantage of working from home yesterday I did work in pyjamas

Zahra: I hope your bro's op will go fine; give many kisses to ur nephews from us

Zahra2008 said:

hola chicas, ultimas noticias: la operacion de mi hermano fue un exito, pero aun no lo dan de alta... sino hasta mañana (Jueves) y estamos esperando que los doctores nos den buenas noticias... hoy no lo pude ver ....