MFÖ - Vurgun Yedim

Thread: MFÖ - Vurgun Yedim

Tags: None

saan said:

Default MFÖ - Vurgun Yedim

Hi,

Can someone please translate Vurgun Yedim by MFÖ.
    MFÖ seems to be a great Turkish classic rock band.

Vurgun Yedim

Aşkta böyle derinlere inmeseydim
    Sevenlerden başka türlü sevmeseydim
    Tapar gibi yüzüne yüz sürmeseydim
    Geceleri yollarına düşmeseydim

Vurgun yedim
    Bu sevdadan vurgun yedim

Harab edip uykuları bölmeseydin
    İhaneti hoş görürdüm bilmeseydim
    Hain değil zalim değil vicdansızsın
    Taş yürekli olduğunu bilemedim

Vurgun yedim
    Bu sevdadan vurgun yedim

marmaris said:

Quote Originally Posted by saan View Post
    Hi,

Can someone please translate Vurgun Yedim by MFÖ.
    MFÖ seems to be a great Turkish classic rock band.

Vurgun Yedim(l was strucked on)

Aşkta böyle derinlere inmeseydim(i wish l wouldnt have discend to deep in love)
    Sevenlerden başka türlü sevmeseydim(l wish l wouldnt have loved differ from others)
    Tapar gibi yüzüne yüz sürmeseydim(l wish l wouldnt have spread my face to your face)
    Geceleri yollarına düşmeseydim(l wish l wouldnt have fall in your way)

Vurgun yedim(i was strucked on)
    Bu sevdadan vurgun yedim(l was strucked by this love)

Harab edip uykuları bölmeseydin(i wish you wouldnt have damaged and interrupted my sleeps)
    İhaneti hoş görürdüm bilmeseydim(l could have tolarated if l hadnt known)
    Hain değil zalim değil vicdansızsın(you are not traitorous,not cruel, you are conscienciceless)
    Taş yürekli olduğunu bilemedim(l couldnt have known that you have stone heart)

Vurgun yedim(i was strucked on)
    Bu sevdadan vurgun yedim(l was strucked by this love)
    you can ask me if you dont understand any part

saan said:

Quote Originally Posted by marmaris View Post
    you can ask me if you dont understand any part

İyi ki varsın marmaris, you are a very nice girl

I recently finished University and I know that now is the time of final exams.
    Actually, I work at University with a student and now I have to do his work.

Ok, I got a couple of questions. Does "meseydim" suffix mean "I wish I wouldn't have"?

I don't understand how the following two lines were translated:
    - Geceleri yollarına düşmeseydim(l wish l wouldn't have fall in your way)
    --> geceleri isn't included in translation
    - İhaneti hoş görürdüm bilmeseydim(l could have tolerated if l hadn't known)
    ---> ihanet means betrayal, hoş means nice, and görmek means to see
    and bilmek to know
    - Also, what does yedim by itself mean?

I should add that in English struck is already past tense (strike is present tense), so you shouldn't say strucked

By the way, do you come from the city of Marmaris, I was looking on a map of Turkey and realized it's a city on the Mediterranean coast.
    Last edited by saan; 04-10-2007 at 08:55 PM.

marmaris said:

İyi ki varsın marmaris, you are a very nice girl

I recently finished University and I know that now is the time of final exams.
    Actually, I work at University with a student and now I have to do his work.

Ok, I got a couple of questions. Does "meseydim" suffix mean "I wish I wouldn't have"?
    *yes true!! do you remember the suffixes ''-me,_ma'' l had said it is like a ''no-not ''in english and using only verbs.it gives the sentences negative meaning and ''_se,_sa'' like a wish!
    keşke eve gitsem >l wish l go home(altough there is no need in using ''keşke'''' *se-sa gives the mean of ''keşke''.or if you want l can translate it ''shall'' but turkish is suffixable language,you if you want learn it,you donr have to use so many word,you can tell only one word. i want to give best meaning so l wrote l wish

I don't understand how the following two lines were translated:
    - Geceleri yollarına düşmeseydim(l wish l wouldn't have fall in your way)
    --> geceleri isn't included in translation
    * okay right l wish l wouldnt have fall in your wat at nights)
    - İhaneti hoş görürdüm bilmeseydim(l could have tolerated if l hadn't known)
    *l could have tolerated BETRAYAL if l hadnt known)
    ---> ihanet means betrayal, hoş means nice, and görmek means to see
    and bilmek to know
    - Also, what does yedim by itself mean?

l couldnt see any word like a ''yedim''if you say ''bilmeSEYDİM'' means if l hadnt known.
    also you are right about see is görmek and hoş is nice but ''hoş görmek'' is tolerate,you can think this ''see nicely'' or tolerate. did you understand there?

I should add that in English struck is already past tense (strike is present tense), so you shouldn't say strucked
    * l dont remeber where l did it but,l translated nearly 7-8 song yesterday.sorr for my mistake

By the way, do you come from the city of Marmaris, I was looking on a map of Turkey and realized it's a city on the Mediterranean coast.
    it is much better you ask like this...thaks to this both you can understand much better and l see my some mistakes

l am from İzmir but you are right my nick name is about this city.Marmaris is my favorite place.i love there so much..you should see there.. everywhere in Mediterrean is beautiful... did you ever come?

saan said:

it is much better you ask like this...thaks to this both you can understand much better and l see my some mistakes

l am from İzmir but you are right my nick name is about this city.Marmaris is my favorite place.i love there so much..you should see there.. everywhere in Mediterrean is beautiful... did you ever come?
    So breaking down "bilmeseydim": bil is know, me is not, se is if, di is past tense, and m is me. That's almost like a mathematical formula.

Why then doesn't "sevmeseydim" mean "if i hadn't loved" instead of "l wish l wouldnt have loved"?

I still don't know what yedim means in Vurgun Yedim. I thought yedim means
    "I ate" or "I have eaten".

I have never been in Turkey but I hope to come there one day, that's one of the reasons I want to know some Turkish, so that I can understand people. I don't know how many people in Turkey know English. Turkey looks like a very beautiful country with a rich history. I know a guy living in Çorum, but that's far from the sea.

I was born in Bosnia and I did live in "Mediterranean" when I lived on a small island in Dalmatia in the 1992-1994 period.

Now I got one song to translate

It's called Sarışınlar Boktur, and I think I know what the title means.
    So I'm asking you to translate, since from your picture it looks like you are not
    a blond

Zardanadam - Sarışınlar Boktur

Gecegündüz demeden düşündüm durdum ben,
    Sevmeyi hiç bilmeden hayaller kurdum peşinden
    Geçolsun güzel olsun dedim avundum yenilmeden,
    Sonunda sen çıktın karşıma vuruldum

Günler boyu ateşinle yandım hep tutuştum,
    Sen de bana iyisin dedin beni ne çabuk uyuttun
    Ama birgün kalktığımda anladım artık yoktun,
    Sonra gördüm başkasıyla oohooh çabuk unuttun

Şimdi senin düşmanınım mutsuzluğun mutluluğum
    Resmindeki gözleri oyup başucuma koydum
    Bakıp bakıp tükürdüm sana seni unuttum
    Anlamama yardım ettin aşk yoktur ve sarışınlar boktur

Sonrasında boyun eğdim yerlere yıkıldım,
    Yatağımda günler boyu ağladım sızladım
    Eşyalara bakıp bakıp gelmeni umdum,
    Her defa kapı çalınca bir umut koştum

Günler dünler geçer bugünler yarını yoktur,
    Herşey biter düzelir derken hepsi yıkılır
    Yeter artık yeter bunlar kalbim kırılır,
    Terkedilmek ağır geldi oohooh ağzım bozulur

You probably figured out by now that I'm a Zardanadam fan.
    Does "Zardanadam" itself mean anything?

And, if you are busy now you can translate this later, I can wait.

Thank You

marmaris said:

So breaking down "bilmeseydim": bil is know, me is not, se is if, di is past tense, and m is me. That's almost like a mathematical formula.

* he he yes a bit
    Why then doesn't "sevmeseydim" mean "if i hadn't loved" instead of "l wish l wouldnt have loved"?

*it is a little complex,i dont know how l can explain you but l will try.in song Eylem Aman Aman,3 Turk discused about it.about what she wanted to tell.l said we must use ''if'' but other guy said we must use ''wish clause'' so it is about what they mean or what you mean,so in every song l wan to give you best mean not only translate.
    l will give example
    it was raining i wish l had had my umbrella

(yağmur yağıyordu,(keşke) şemsiyemi alSAydım(you have a regret )

but in use of ''if'' it is condition

if l had had my umbrella,l wouldnt have been wet.

(eğer) şemsiyemi alSAydım,ıslanmazdım

I still don't know what yedim means in Vurgun Yedim. I thought yedim means
    "I ate" or "I have eaten".

*yes eat means ''yemek'' but you cant hink this like a ''idiom''

for example

''kafayı bulmak'' it is mean being drunk but if you translate it directly,it would bacome ''find the head''.

''kafayı yemek'' it is mean ''go mad,become insane'' but in translate ''to eat head''. so ''vurgun yemek'' same like this examples. it is like a to been unexpected deceived,cheated from somebody

for example:
    Arkadaşım hile ile bütün paramı aldı.Ondan vurgun yedim
    (My friend got my all money tricky.i was cheated by him)

I have never been in Turkey but I hope to come there one day, that's one of the reasons I want to know some Turkish, so that I can understand people. I don't know how many people in Turkey know English. Turkey looks like a very beautiful country with a rich history. I know a guy living in Çorum, but that's far from the sea.

I was born in Bosnia and I did live in "Mediterranean" when I lived on a small island in Dalmatia in the 1992-1994 period.

*in touristic places they know not only english also some russian or german etc.Turkey has got so tourist from there so acording to this,they learn these language.
    i went to Çorum,but l didint like there,there is nothing to see.everywhere is house,shop,street only this,nothing special.for exaple in Urgup,Goreme there is no sea,but has got tourists.wonderful earth pillar were in there.really wonderful,so not think only sea shore.wonderful places you can find in Anatolia...
    then l hope this translation and explainations can help ypur improvement in turkish

i want to see Bosnia,there is the most place where l want to see.l want to see one bridge which is important for Bosnian.i dont know name truely...

Now I got one song to translate

It's called Sarışınlar Boktur, and I think I know what the title means.
    So I'm asking you to translate, since from your picture it looks like you are not
    a blond
    hehe,yes l am not blond.but it can be insult blonds really

You probably figured out by now that I'm a Zardanadam fan.
    Does "Zardanadam" itself mean anything?

*''zar-dan-adam''> zar means Dice dan is -from and adam is man.so it is '' a man from dice or diceman we can say. it is like a ''kardanadam'' '' a man from snow or snowman'' they can be inspired from this word.

And, if you are busy now you can translate this later, I can wait.

Thank You
    i can translate this song on Saturday.l have to go to course now and it will be too late when l come home

marmaris said:

Zardanadam - Sarışınlar Boktur (Blonds are ****)

Gecegündüz demeden düşündüm durdum ben,(l had thought over without saying day and night)
    Sevmeyi hiç bilmeden hayaller kurdum peşinden(l had dreamed after you without know to love)
    Geç olsun güzel olsun dedim avundum yenilmeden,(l said ''it shall late but nice''(*it is idiom),i consoled without been beaten)
    Sonunda sen çıktın karşıma vuruldum(at last you encounter me and l felt in(love))

Günler boyu ateşinle yandım hep tutuştum,(l have burnt,cought your fire for days)
    Sen de bana iyisin dedin beni ne çabuk uyuttun(you said me ''you are good'' how quickly you deceived me)
    Ama birgün kalktığımda anladım artık yoktun,(but one day when l wake up,l understand you are absent)
    Sonra gördüm başkasıyla oohooh çabuk unuttun(and l saw with another,ooo you forgot quickly)

Şimdi senin düşmanınım mutsuzluğun mutluluğum(now l am your enemy,your unhappiness is my happiness)
    Resmindeki gözleri oyup başucuma koydum(l put your picture to my zenith with carving your eyes )
    Bakıp bakıp tükürdüm sana seni unuttum(l spitted you looking again and again,i forgot you)
    Anlamama yardım ettin aşk yoktur ve sarışınlar boktur(you helped me to understand that ''there is no love and blonds are ****)

Sonrasında boyun eğdim yerlere yıkıldım,(afterwards l submitted and fell down to ground)
    Yatağımda günler boyu ağladım sızladım(l have cried,ached in my bed for days)
    Eşyalara bakıp bakıp gelmeni umdum,(l hoped you come loking again and again to object)
    Her defa kapı çalınca bir umut koştum(everytime when the door ring,l run with hope)

Günler dünler geçer bugünler yarını yoktur,(days,yesterdays passes,todays,tomorrow is absent)
    Herşey biter düzelir derken hepsi yıkılır(everything finishes,while saying getting better,it collapses)
    Yeter artık yeter bunlar kalbim kırılır,(thats enough any more,my heart breaks)
    Terkedilmek ağır geldi oohooh ağzım bozulur(to being left hurted,ooh l vituperated)

Thank You
    here it is,it is harder than others

saan said:

here it is,it is harder than others

Thanks for the translation. I didn't know that the song was that negative. Maybe I should send it to a friend in Florida where all girls are supposedly like that

Vituperated is a word I never saw before. I guess this forum is useful for learning English as well. Vituperated isn't used often, maybe scold, berate, or rail are, in North America at least. I hope I don't teach you any bad English words though

The word başucu should probably not be translated as zenith as zenith means the upper region of the sky. In the dictionary it also gives the meaning as the head end of a bed. If you would like I can put your translations in correct grammatical English if it helps you learn.

So, from the previous post, is the "wish" clause same as the "if" clause?
    And the suffix -lar seems to have two meanings, pluar, and 3rd person suffix.
    If oymak means "to carve" then does oyup mean "carved" ( ie. what is the suffix -up)?
    Maybe the line:
    "Resmindeki gözleri oyup başucuma koydum" should be "I put your picture with eyes carved out, at the head of my bed"?

The bridge in Bosnia that you mentioned is called Stari Most (Old Bridge) in the city of Mostar. It was designed by Turkish architect Hayruddin (student of Koca Sinan) in 1566 under the reign of Suleyman the Magnificent. The bridge was destroyed by Croatian fascists in 1993 and rebuilt by Turkey in 2004.

I know that there are nice places away from the sea cost in Anatolia, like Cappadocia, but I bet it's really hot in the summer

I'll probably have more songs in the near future, but I'll try to get an easier one next time