Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Spanish <-> English Translations

Tags: None

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Translation!!

what time did you start working and what time do you get out?
    x3.:EsCaRliN:.x3
  2. Erito said:

what time did you start working and what time do you get out?
    ¿A qué hora empezaste a trabajar y a qué hora sales?

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Translation spanish to english !

no mami como cres lo q pasa mi telefono se me callo y cuan intente en ensenderlo no pude mami !!! y pq tu piensas lo contrario mi baby mmm

bedroomeyes said:

Quote Originally Posted by x0babiigirlx0 View Post
    Translation spanish to english !

no mami como cres lo q pasa mi telefono se me callo y cuan intente en ensenderlo no pude mami !!! y pq tu piensas lo contrario mi baby mmm
    No, girl, not at all; what happened was that I dropped my phone and I couldn't turn it back on as much as I tried girl!! And why would you think otherwise baby, mmm?
    The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
    -Albert Einstein

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Translation!!

so what your telling me is that you broke your phone and now we can't text anymore ??? because if your phone won't turn on it's broken how are we going to talk because that would mean we can only talk on the computer
  6. Erito said:

so what your telling me is that you broke your phone and now we can't text anymore ??? because if your phone won't turn on it's broken how are we going to talk because that would mean we can only talk on the computer

¿Así que lo que me estás diciendo es que tu teléfono se arruino y ahora ya no puedes enviarme mensajes? Porque si tu teléfono no enciende ¿cómo hablaremos? Porque eso significaría que solo podremos hablar en la computadora

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Translation!!

you look just like your brother
  8. Erito said:

you look just like your brother

Te ves igualito a tu hermano

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Translation!!

i was playing a joke on your brother don't worry he looked like a fool trying to talk to me don't worry i was not being serious with him at all he knows the business he knows that i like you
  10. Erito said:

i was playing a joke on your brother don't worry he looked like a fool trying to talk to me don't worry i was not being serious with him at all he knows the business he knows that i like you

Estaba haciéndole una broma a tu hermano no te preocupes se veía como un tonto tratando de hablar conmigo, no te preocupes no estaba siendo seria después de todo él sabe de nuestros asuntos, sabe que me gustas

AnnaFoster said:

Hello,

Does the english phrase "to be left hanging" translate to Spanish? Particularly Spanish a Mexican will understand? Maybe there's a similar phrase?

Example: He's such a jerk, he was supposed to call her but he left her hanging all night.

thank you!

citlalli said:

Buenos días Anna

Yes, you can say "dejar plantado" or "dejar colgado" (...la dejó plantada/ colgada).
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

AnnaFoster said:

Quote Originally Posted by citlalli View Post
    Buenos días Anna

Yes, you can say "dejar plantado" or "dejar colgado" (...la dejó plantada/ colgada).
    That's easy enough! And what about this: "to blow something off"

We had plans and you blew them off.
  14. Erito said:

That's easy enough! And what about this: "to blow something off"

We had plans and you blew them off.
    hmm for me that means

Teníamos planes pero tú los cancelaste

to blow something could mean "arruinar algo" and you can use some synonymous to make sense to the sentence

in some movies I've heard I'm gonna blow your head off and it's translated like "te voy a volar la cabeza" with a gun shot but you know a teacher told long time ago that there's no similitude between two languages you have to make it by using logic so that's an example of when you have tu use the logic.

AnnaFoster said:

Is this correct?

Who's number is this?
    De quien es este numero.

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaFoster View Post
    Is this correct?

Who's number is this?
    De quien es este numero.
    yep, you're right!
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

x0babiigirlx0 said:

Translation!!

yo se q no inporta es q no me gusta q me este biendo mami poreso !! tu quieres verme en el msn verdad mi vida

baby_girl_ said:

Quote Originally Posted by x0babiigirlx0 View Post
    Translation!!

yo se q no inporta es q no me gusta q me este biendo mami poreso !! tu quieres verme en el msn verdad mi vida
    I know it doesn't matter, the problem is that I don't like to be seen, baby! you want to see me on msn, am I right my life?

AnnaFoster said:

Yeah, I'm looking for something that has the same meaning as "you blew me off". We had plans and you canceled them is not the same thing.

Thank you though!

Quote Originally Posted by Erito View Post
    hmm for me that means

Teníamos planes pero tú los cancelaste

to blow something could mean "arruinar algo" and you can use some synonymous to make sense to the sentence

in some movies I've heard I'm gonna blow your head off and it's translated like "te voy a volar la cabeza" with a gun shot but you know a teacher told long time ago that there's no similitude between two languages you have to make it by using logic so that's an example of when you have tu use the logic.
  20. Erito said:

well then let's think in something else....

Teníamos planes pero tú los mandaste a volar
    you blew me off / me mandaste a volar

that's the last I can think I hope someone can give us a hand with this ;D