Help me find a Christmas song! Driving me crazy..

Thread: Help me find a Christmas song! Driving me crazy..

Tags: None
  1. Emil said:

Default Help me find a Christmas song! Driving me crazy..

Alright, heres the deal..Since last Christmas when I heard this song I've been trying to find out who sings it, where I can download it. This is what I have so far:

- It is a Christmas song.
    - It sounds 1980, electronica, possibly out of Europe
    - Melancholic

Here are some lyrics:

Starts off with, "Many years ago" and then the rest of the lyrics are in random order:

Maybe you and I
    Lets get out of sight
    Christmas (hats??)
    Nuts and grapes (maybe not actually in it, sounded like it though).

In between the verses theres a voice that says CHRISTMAS, CHRISTMAS.

Can anybody help..It is been more than a year and I need to find this song!!
  2. SMazac128 said:

"ONE CHRISTMAS CATALOG" by: Captain Sensible

Many years ago <------------------
    More than I can say
    'Cause I wasn't there
    It was yesterday

Statues have their fun
    People have their day
    And history comes and goes
    It's time for us to play

(CHORUS):
    And there's a turkey in the wings
    He doesn't dance and he can't sing
    Christmas to Christmas
    One Christmas catalog too many
    Christmas to Christmas
    One Christmas catalog for you

Every plane can fly
    Ships take to the sea
    Baby you and I <-------------------
    We are you and me

All the nuts and breaks <-----------------
    Through the mists of time
    And even at this point
    Are really quite sublime

(CHORUS)

Is it Christmas
    Christmas
    Is it Christmas
    Christmas
    Is it Christmas
    Christmas

Certain summer trips
    Day turns into night
    'Til we squeeze the pips
    Let's just leave the lights

And outside it's cool
    Here it's fresh and bright
    Whyn't you take my arm
    Let's get out of sight <-------------------

(CHORUS)

[2x]
    Is it Christmas
    Christmas
    Is it Christmas
    Christmas
    Is it Christmas
    Christmas

(CHORUS)

I'm not too sure about the accuracy of these but I hope it helps.
  3. Emil said:

Wow..Thank you very much! I've tried google and some lyric sites but nothing!

Spent a long time looking for this!!

Where can I download it from? I've looked at Amazon CD's and theres nothing on him. It seems to be an obscure song.

Thanks again..
  4. David-Saturnus said:

Default It WAS driving me crazy too!!!

Its sooo funny when I saw your post after googling some partial lyrics to a song (The same song you wanted to know about) with the lyrics, "And there's a turkey in the wings he doesn't dance and he can't sing..." your request came up with a link to this forum!!! Let me back up a spell...let me first I love Christmas, I have fond memories of it as a child and I have always tried and plug in to that feeling and sustain it as long as possible. You know one day it dawned on me how crazy people are in this country; the build up for Christmas starts in the early fall, say around the end of September and builds and builds until December 25th and then ITS OVER And then it hit me, you know, I'm not going to let anyone tell me when I can start feeling Christmas and when I have to stop it and turn it off like a light switch. Now I go with build up and then keep it going for at least 12 days after Christmas, you know, the 12 days of Christmas (This is where the Brit's have it all over us...) and I want to keep on going well that's what I do...

Anyway, back to the song...about 1992 a friend gave me a cd he makes for all his friends at Christmas and it is a collection of all kinds of Well known Christmas songs but many that are almost never heard; and I was hooked. Well the source material for the cd was not very good so I wanted to try and find as many as I could in mp3 format if possible and of course not knowing the names to most of them it has proven to be rather difficult. Early on I found several which were by a British fella named Cliff Richards on YouTube, they are rather traditional but they are very nice to listen to. Then there were several by Jon Anderson, the singer for the classic rock band YES, and they were easy. Then I tried to find the one you were looking for and WOW, I looked and looked and looked and nothing. I even went to this site just a little earlier because a search pulled up someone who hated it, so I went to the site and had to slog through post after post after post of people who absolutely hated Christmas and in the end, never found the song, however I did learn that one should always keep anti-depressants handy for just such an emergency because these people needed some serious therapy...

Anyway the fella who replied to your post nailed it right away with Captain Sensible and "One Christmas Catalog". Now I will go and search for the mp3 and on to the next one which also was British I believe and was by Mongo somebody and was about Christmas in Beverly Hills or something... Anyway, thanks again and 'Merry Christmas'!

-Peace
  5. las7noches said:

Default Me too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emil View Post
    Alright, heres the deal..Since last Christmas when I heard this song I've been trying to find out who sings it, where I can download it. This is what I have so far:

- It is a Christmas song.
    - It sounds 1980, electronica, possibly out of Europe
    - Melancholic

Here are some lyrics:

Starts off with, "Many years ago" and then the rest of the lyrics are in random order:

Maybe you and I
    Lets get out of sight
    Christmas (hats??)
    Nuts and grapes (maybe not actually in it, sounded like it though).

In between the verses theres a voice that says CHRISTMAS, CHRISTMAS.

Can anybody help..It is been more than a year and I need to find this song!!
    They play it at my job and I have been trying to find it so I stumbled in this post and some one knew what song it was the only lyrics I remembered was something about a turkey and that someone couldn't dance and sing :P
  6. pirielle said:

I just spent the morning looking for this song and found a video for it on youtube. Absolute love!

Have spent the morning playing it over and over and over... ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov3oXMMTHoA

was having trouble using the embed code for youtube..
  7. pianoman74 said:

You guys might be more lucky in finding this by looking for "One Christmas Catalogue"!

(British spelling!)
    I don't know of any C. S. singles that came with US spelling.

BTW, I got lots of hits on my <insert your fav. network here>.
    I wouldn't call it "rare".

P.S. In case of desperation, PM me (before losing too much hair by tearing it out), and possibly I can convince Santa so that he is maybe going to have another surprise for you guys...
    Last edited by pianoman74; 12-20-2010 at 02:08 PM.