English translation..."Mentre la notte va"...Laura pausini

Thread: English translation..."Mentre la notte va"...Laura pausini

Tags: None

DR__ADEL said:

Default English translation..."Mentre la notte va"...Laura pausini

Come state amici ?

=================================
    Corre a fari spenti la mia macchina .............It runs to turn off my car "why fari not fare? "
    č un'ombra sull' asfalto ..............................It's a shadow on the asphalt
    come Ulisse ho dentro la mia bussola .......like a "??" that i have in my sleeve
    č un viaggio a cuore aperto ......................It's a trip to an open heart
    sembra un sole questa grande luna ......... that big moon seems like a sun,
    il suo raggio č il mio portafortuna .............It's radius is my lucky charm
    trovero' da sola le mie rotte .....................I will find my routes "ways" alone
    faccio vela mentre la notte va ..................I sail while the night goes

"LOL till now i understand nothing what does she want to say...I'll wait and see"

Č un anquila nel cielo e va ........................It's a "??" in the sky , and goes
    che vola sul presente e va ......................that flies over the present and goes
    e scioglie tutto il gelo e va .......................and melts all the ice and goes
    sognando immensamente ........................dreaming immensely
    l 'anima che balla libera il pensiero ..........It's the soul that dances free the thoughts !
    seguirā una stella che dai buio nascerā .......it will follow a star that you give darkness !!!, and will be born
    e sarā una danza magica davvero ...........and it will be a truely magic dance
    mi darā speranza mentre avanza ...........you will give me hope while it advances
    questa notte va... ....................................this night goes !

Quanto č grande il cielo dell'' america ........how large is the sky of america
    č un mare capovolto ..................................It's an upright-down sea
    avrai letto certo la mia lettera ..................you will have read my letter,sure
    č stato un grande salto ........................it has been a big jump
    via da tutto per un'avventura ..............away from everything...for an adventure
    del futuro io non ho paura ...................from the future ? i don't have fear "why not "dal " ??
    e non sono in cerca di vendette ..........and i don't search for revenge
    ti perdono mentre la notte va .............i forgive you as the night goes
    Č come un uragano e va .....................it's like a hurrican and goes
    trascina la mia mente e va .................drags my mind and goes
    portandomi lontano e va .......................takes me far and goes
    sognando immensamente =================================repeated
    L'anima che balla libera il pensiero
    seguirā una stella che dal buio nascerā
    e sarā una danza magica davvero
    mi darā speranza mentre questa notte va

Č un'aquila nel cielo e va
    che vola sul presente e va
    e schioglie tutto il gelo e va
    sognando immensamente
    mentre la notte va...

============================================

LOOOL I Swear I don't understand a single sentence !! ..
    Maybe because i didn't excercise since long ? or is it really a difficult song ?

waiting ur corrections , comments..and please a general idea of what the song wants to say !!

thanks

2. Lady_A said:

Hello,

Maybe now that is translated correctly, it will make more sense

=================================
    Corre a fari spenti la mia macchina .............My car runs with its lights off
    č un'ombra sull' asfalto ..............................It's a shadow on the asphalt
    come Ulisse ho dentro la mia bussola .......like Ulisse I have my compass inside
    č un viaggio a cuore aperto ......................It's a trip with an open heart
    sembra un sole questa grande luna ......... this big moon seems to be a sun,
    il suo raggio č il mio portafortuna .............Its ray is my lucky charm
    trovero' da sola le mie rotte .....................I will find my routes alone
    faccio vela mentre la notte va ..................I sail while the night passes

Č un aquila nel cielo e va ........................It's a eagle in the sky and it goes
    che vola sul presente e va ......................that flies over the present and goes
    e scioglie tutto il gelo e va .......................and melts all the ice and goes
    sognando immensamente ........................dreaming immensely
    l 'anima che balla libera il pensiero ..........the soul that dances frees the thought !
    seguirā una stella che dai buio nascerā .......it will follow a star that will be born from the darkness
    e sarā una danza magica davvero ...........and it will be a truely magic dance
    mi darā speranza mentre avanza ...........it will give me hope while it advances
    questa notte va... ....................................this night goes !

Quanto č grande il cielo dell'' america ........how large is the sky of america
    č un mare capovolto ..................................It's an upside-down sea
    avrai letto certo la mia lettera ..................you will have read my letter,sure
    č stato un grande salto ........................it has been a big jump
    via da tutto per un'avventura ..............away from everything...for an adventure
    del futuro io non ho paura ...................I don't fear the futrure
    *"del" and not "dal" because the idiom is "avere paura di "[and not da] and so
    di + il futuro ---> del futuro

e non sono in cerca di vendette ..........and i don't search for revenge
    ti perdono mentre la notte va .............i forgive you as the night passes
    Č come un uragano e va .....................it's like a hurricane and it passes
    trascina la mia mente e va .................drags my mind and passes
    portandomi lontano e va .......................taking me me far and it passes
    sognando immensamente =================================repeated
    L'anima che balla libera il pensiero
    seguirā una stella che dal buio nascerā
    e sarā una danza magica davvero
    mi darā speranza mentre questa notte va

Č un'aquila nel cielo e va
    che vola sul presente e va
    e schioglie tutto il gelo e va
    sognando immensamente
    mentre la notte va...

============================================

DR__ADEL said:

e7m e7m :$
    alittle better than mine :P:P :$:$ hahahaha

am kidding ,
    thanks alot lady A, mine really was just nonesense and now i can understand it...

just one question : what's fari ? why not fare ? in the first line

Ligeia said:

"Fari" is the plural of "faro" which means "headlamps, lighthouse".
    If you change "fari" with the verb "fare" the phrase doesn't make any sense!
    "-Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity..."
    "-Actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"

DR__ADEL said:

i seee
    LOL it actually didn't make sense for me
    now it does
    ====
    and Ulisse is odysseos

well now everything is clear

thanks

6. Lady_A said:

Quote Originally Posted by DR__ADEL View Post
    i seee
    LOL it actually didn't make sense for me
    now it does
    ====
    and Ulisse is odysseos

well now everything is clear

thanks
    Ulysses and Odysseus are both accepted in English. For me it was easier to let it untranslated as in most Latin languages it's spelled that way

DR__ADEL said:

yeah i see , it's my fault that i only know Odysseus
    forgive my ignorance :$...and thanks lady A for ur great effort helping me

8. Lady_A said:

Quote Originally Posted by DR__ADEL View Post
    yeah i see , it's my fault that i only know Odysseus
    forgive my ignorance :$...and thanks lady A for ur great effort helping me
    No effort, you're welcome!