Translation into French

Thread: Translation into French

Tags: None
  1. Lyidaeee said:

Smile Translation into French

I sincerely apologise for the length of this.
    Its a film review of "Le Docteur Jivago". I've translated the first two paragraphs but i am wondering if anybody could translate these three ?
    Many thanks (again, i apologise for the length and also for some of the words.)

It is truly impossible not to fall in love with the film. The acting is superb, the music heavenly, the costumes fit for gods and goddesses and the scenery for a landscape painting!
    But most of all, Zhivago is a classic love story, a Romeo and Juliet adaption with a Slavic twist: the two protagonists (in this case: Yuri Zhivago and Lara Antipova) do not meet until two hours into the film (along World War 1's Eastern front, away from prying eyes) and their romance never seems to be fully on track. Set in an era of political unrest, director David Lean shows to the audience that not only Russia was experiencing war and political uncertainty, but that Russia's young were also facing revolution and unrest. Staying faithful to the novel on which it is based, the film never strays from the plot and even the minor details (with some exceptions, of course) remain identical.
    It is truly impossible not to fall in love with the film. The acting is superb, the music heavenly, the costumes fit for gods and goddesses and the scenery for a landscape painting!
    Zhivago is written from the point of view of Yevgraf Zhivago (Yuri’s brother).The whole story is told from his point of view, his opinion and his version of history, based on the facts which he has uncovered. He meets the distraught daughter of Yuri and Lara who lost both her parents by age 8 and ending up running into Yevgraf while working on a dam. Although not in any scenes with Yuri or Lara, the role of Tonya is acted with purpose, to provide a start base for the story. The cast work together as an ensemble. But Tom Courtney's portrayal as young innocent Pasha into his transformation to dreaded strongman of the Steppes, Strelnikov, over shadows Omar Sharif's portrayal as the tragic hero Zhivago. In the female department, Julie Christie's role of Lara showcases her true acting talents (even at such a young age) and her portrayal shows pure emotion and love. But my favorite performance: that of world renowned, womanizer Komarovsky played by the only American in the picture, Rod Steiger. I shouldn't be attracted to his performance. I should feel repulsed. He brutally rapes Lara at the same time of dating her mother, tries to break up her and Pasha, conceals her and Yuri over to the Bolsheviks and runs off to Mongolia with a pregnant Lara and her daughter Katya, leaving Yuri behind. The liking to Komarovsky is Lean's only failure in the film. A villain turns, for me at least, into a hero when he attempts to help Lara and Yuri run away but is met with only stern rejection.

zaö said:

C'est vraiment impossible de ne pas tomber amoureux de ce film. Le jeux est superbe, la musique céleste, des costumes de dieux et déesses et des décors digne de paysages de peinture!

But most of all, Zhivago is a classic love story, a Romeo and Juliet adaption with a Slavic twist: the two protagonists (in this case: Yuri Zhivago and Lara Antipova) do not meet until two hours into the film (along World War 1's Eastern front, away from prying eyes) and their romance never seems to be fully on track. Set in an era of political unrest, director David Lean shows to the audience that not only Russia was experiencing war and political uncertainty, but that Russia's young were also facing revolution and unrest. Staying faithful to the novel on which it is based, the film never strays from the plot and even the minor details (with some exceptions, of course) remain identical.

Dans l'ensemble, Zhivago est une histoire d'alour classique, une adaptation de Roméo et Juliette avec une tournure slave: les deux protagonistes du film (dans ce cas-ci: Yuri Zhivago et Lara Antipova) ne se rencontrent pas pendant les deux heures du film (le long du front est pendant la première guerre mondiale, loin des yeux indiscrets) et leur romance ne semble jamais complètement suivre la même route. Venant d'une ère d'instabilité politique, le metteur en scène David Lean montre aux spectateurs que la Russie n'a pas seulement subi la guerre et l'incertitude politique mais aussi que la jeunesse russe a aussi dû faire face à la révolution et l'instabilité. Restant fidèle au roman duquel il s'inspire, le film ne s'écarte jamais de l'intrique et même les détails mineurs (à part quelques exceptions bien sûr) restent identiques.

Zhivago is written from the point of view of Yevgraf Zhivago (Yuri’s brother).The whole story is told from his point of view, his opinion and his version of history, based on the facts which he has uncovered. He meets the distraught daughter of Yuri and Lara who lost both her parents by age 8 and ending up running into Yevgraf while working on a dam. Although not in any scenes with Yuri or Lara, the role of Tonya is acted with purpose, to provide a start base for the story. The cast work together as an ensemble. But Tom Courtney's portrayal as young innocent Pasha into his transformation to dreaded strongman of the Steppes, Strelnikov, over shadows Omar Sharif's portrayal as the tragic hero Zhivago. In the female department, Julie Christie's role of Lara showcases her true acting talents (even at such a young age) and her portrayal shows pure emotion and love. But my favorite performance: that of world renowned, womanizer Komarovsky played by the only American in the picture, Rod Steiger. I shouldn't be attracted to his performance. I should feel repulsed. He brutally rapes Lara at the same time of dating her mother, tries to break up her and Pasha, conceals her and Yuri over to the Bolsheviks and runs off to Mongolia with a pregnant Lara and her daughter Katya, leaving Yuri behind. The liking to Komarovsky is Lean's only failure in the film. A villain turns, for me at least, into a hero when he attempts to help Lara and Yuri run away but is met with only stern rejection.

Zhivago est écrit selon le point de vue de Yevgraf Zhivago (le frère de Yuri). Toute l'histoire est racontée de son point de vue, son opinion et sa version de l'histoire sont basées sur ce qu'il a découvert.
    Il rencontre la fille égarée de Yuri et Lara qui a perdu ses deux parents à l'âge de huit ans et qui rencontre par hasard Yevgraf pedant qu'il travaille à un barrage. Bien que pas qu'il ne soit pas dans toutes les scènes avec Yuri et Lara, le rôle de Tonya est joué dans le but de donner un début de base à l'histoire. La distribution fonctionne comme un ensemble. Comme pour la représentation de Tom Courtney en tant que Pasha jeune et innocent dans sa transformation en homme fort et redouté des steppes, Strelnikov, en comparaison avec celle d'Omar Sharif en tant que Zhivago, le tragique héro. Du côté féminin, Julie Christie dans le rôle de Lara démontre son vrai jeu d'actrice (même si jeune) et sa représentation montre une émotion et de l'amour pures. Mais celle que je préfère: celui de renommée mondiale, Komarovsky le coureur de jupons joué par le seul Américain du film, Rod Steiger. Je ne devrais pas être attirée par son jeu. Il devrait me repousser. Il viole brutalement Lara alors qu'il sort avec sa mère, il essaie de la faire rompre avec Pasha et la réconcilie avec Yuri au Bolsheviks et s'enfuit en Mongolie avec Lara qui est enceinte et sa fille Katya, laissant Yuri derrière eux. La sympathie de Lean pour Komarovsky est sa seule erreur dans le film. Un traitre qui devient, pour moi du moins, un héro quand il tente d'aider Lara et Yuri à s'enfuir mais ne rencontre qu'un strict rejet.

I did my best, hope that I didn't change the meaning...
  3. Lyidaeee said:

Smile

Thanks so so much
    It's much appreciated