Pleeeeeeaaaase Help!

Thread: Pleeeeeeaaaase Help!

Tags: None
  1. LeGood said:

Smile Pleeeeeeaaaase Help!

A few years ago when I was at Uni my gang on friends encountered a lovely french gentleman 9 I think he was the friend of a friend of a friend!). He always carried a guitar with him and was forever breaking into song and the one song he would always sing was a french song......and thats where you guys come in!!! I need helping finding out the name of the song. This is a total long shot as the only details I have are:

the lyrics had "le chat" in it
    There was a refrain which basically went: "la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la"

I seem to remember him telling us that the song was about a woman who was having an affair...and there may have been a murder involved.

I probably havent a hope in hell of finding out what this song is...but if anyone has any guesses please let me know!

2. Faayzaah' said:

Was it this song? La Mère Michelle

3. LeGood said:

I'm afraid not

4. Faayzaah' said:

Then I don't see what it could be, sorry! The only french song I know with a cat, a woman who has an affair and "la la la" is a nursery rhyme, and it's this one lol!

Hope you find it soon

5. Zadig said:

Default Try this one :

Hi,
    Sorry for my unperfect english, I'm french....

May' be the song you're looking for could be this one : "Brave Margot", by the french songwriter and singer Georges Brassens.

You can listen to the original version here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuxMhzKeozo

I make this assumption because of the description you made of this man : for a frenchman singing while accompanying himself on the guitar, all Georges Brassens's songs are classics!

I hope this helped!