Ging ging ging ging. 1996-7?

Thread: Ging ging ging ging. 1996-7?

Tags: None
  1. 70's80'sOzGuy said:

Cool Ging ging ging ging. 1996-7?

I heard a girl singing this as she boarded a bus in 1997. The tune returns to me now but I cant find the artist. Female vocals. Must have for my collection. Who sang that catchy song?
  2. 70's80'sOzGuy said:

Default Update

I will ad a bit more to my request.

The tune is quite funky, like 'Groove is in the Heart'

Its probably a USA or UK singer.

The verse goes something like
    "Do you rel??ees? me, I'm the one took you m?? Baby yeaaar
    repeat

Chorus
    Ging ging-a-ging ging, ging ging ga ging, ging-a ging ging-a ging-ging-ging"
    repeat & 2 different lines of gings!

Ging is not helpful on a google search.

I know this is patchy but its better than some of the requests ive read...
  3. Sticky said:

you can try this...even though its in 2002

Ching Ching Lyrics
    Artist(Band):Nelly Furtado

Good luck!

4. malteser said:

Default Voila!

Hi! I've spent all morning looking for the same song and have found it!! It's called 'Remember me' (the lyric is actually 'Remember me, I'm the one who had your baby's eyes) and the artist is 'Blue Boy'. Think is from 1997. I've got it turned up loud right now! Enjoy
    Rowena x
  5. gavin4723 said:

it is called remember me
  6. 70's80'sOzGuy said:

Bingo!!!

Thats was a good mornings work rowena.

I dont know if its the catchy tune or the EXTENSIVE LYRICS that makes me love this song. Probably the era, working O.S. in the UK when first I heard it (1997).

Thanks also Gavin4723. 196+ views, ozguy was giving up hope, then you two nailed it.

Song downloaded & enjoying again, finally.

Ian.

dan said:

Smile Thank God!!

Thank you for identifying this track! its been driving me mad for a very long time not knowing what this track was called! Heard it in a shop ages ago and have been looking for it since! Thank you!!!
  8. chiaracat05 said:

Thank U Thank U Thank U Thank U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. FauxReal said:

Quote Originally Posted by malteser
    Hi! I've spent all morning looking for the same song and have found it!! It's called 'Remember me' (the lyric is actually 'Remember me, I'm the one who had your baby's eyes) and the artist is 'Blue Boy'. Think is from 1997. I've got it turned up loud right now! Enjoy
    Rowena x
    Nice job! As soon as I saw the "ging ging" stuff the parent posted I knew this was the song. I got this on vinyl, it's one of my favorites. You can buy the single by Blue Boy or you can get it in a mix by DJ Mark Farina called "Mushroom Jazz" (highly reccomended) it's on vol. 1 of the series. The vinyl release has just be re-issued. Which is good cause copies of the vinyl version were going for $150+ on ebay. It was a big hit in the "acid jazz" hype of the early 90s.
  10. B-Bop-BonnieBalloon said:

Question Ging

Quote Originally Posted by 70's80'sOzGuy View Post
    I heard a girl singing this as she boarded a bus in 1997. The tune returns to me now but I cant find the artist. Female vocals. Must have for my collection. Who sang that catchy song?
    Hi there have you by any chance found out who sings this as i have also been searching for it!!!!
    What great taste we must have.
    I do know that it was called "Remember me"
    Hope this helps
    B-Bop-BonnieBalloon
    Last edited by B-Bop-BonnieBalloon; 05-02-2007 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Just heard name on radio?!

F A B Scott said:

Quote Originally Posted by B-Bop-BonnieBalloon View Post
    Hi there have you by any chance found out who sings this as i have also been searching for it!!!!
    What great taste we must have.
    I do know that it was called "Remember me"
    Hope this helps
    B-Bop-BonnieBalloon
    As mentioned above:
    Quote Originally Posted by malteser View Post
    .....and the artist is 'Blue Boy'.
  12. Damgers said:

As an interesting aside the vocals in Blue Boy's track are samples, taken from Woman of The Ghetto by Marlena Shaw

Ultimate_Worrier said:

Most dance music is sampled due to laziness in writing their own music.
    * Difference of opinion is not argument, only difference.
    * Just because you don't like something, doesn't make it sh*t
    * You are all individual, just like everyone else.