Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Help with 70s song lyrics

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Help with 70s song lyrics

    Hi all
    link to clip:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXAJg...eature=related

    I do not think anyone knows this song ( recorded in 1975)
    My question- could you be kind enough to listen to clip and try to discover what is first word(?????)
    - sounds like "woman" or "one band"


    lyrics- attempt
    ?????, when I say Goodbye! I mean, I don't wanna try
    To live aside you anymore
    ??????, get out from my way-I told you I can't stay
    So long and let me pass by''

    Any suggestions?
    Any help would be apreciated

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 284 Times in 253 Posts

    Woman, when I said goodbye
    I mean, I don't wanna try
    To lead beside you anymore
    Now woman, get out from my way
    I told you I can't stay
    So long and let me pass by



    Dan
    Last edited by Claybricks; 01-25-2011 at 11:45 AM.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Claybricks For This Useful Post:
    jerry (01-25-2011)

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thanks !!
    By the way-"to lead beside you anymore"- I don´t understand meaning of the words

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 119 Times in 108 Posts

    For me it sounds like a "to LIVE beside you" with an accent, with "live" pronounced with a long i as in as "leave". Could even be a French or Belgian singer singing in English. Those sometimes also pronounce "give" like "geevve" or " geeffe".

    Another "evidence" is how he pronounces "good-bye", with the "oo" a bit like Dutch/Swedish "u" or German "ü". Definitely no native English speaker, in my book.
    Last edited by pianoman74; 01-26-2011 at 12:50 AM.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to pianoman74 For This Useful Post:
    jerry (01-26-2011)

  7. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 284 Times in 253 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pianoman74 View Post
    For me it sounds like a "to LIVE beside you" with an accent, with "live" pronounced with a long i as in as "leave". Could even be a French or Belgian singer singing in English. Those sometimes also pronounce "give" like "geevve" or " geeffe".

    Another "evidence" is how he pronounces "good-bye", with the "oo" a bit like Dutch/Swedish "u" or German "ü". Definitely no native English speaker, in my book.
    Pianoman,

    I believe you meant to write 'Long e' instead of 'Long i'



    Dan

  8. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 119 Times in 108 Posts

    Yes, long e

    But written with an i, so I had a 50:50 chance of being logical!

    Going back to the actual topic...
    Claybricks would you too agree that the singer is a foreigner? (in respect to the language he sings in)

  9. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 284 Times in 253 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pianoman74 View Post
    Yes, long e

    But written with an i, so I had a 50:50 chance of being logical!

    Going back to the actual topic...
    Claybricks would you too agree that the singer is a foreigner? (in respect to the language he sings in)

    The Youtube video states that the recording came from Luxembourg Radio. Based on that information, I would say yes, the singer is a foreigner. The song title could be 'Woman'


    Dan

  10. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 284 Times in 253 Posts

    I just sent Alan Bailey an email with the song clip.

    Alan worked at Radio Luxembourg from 1958 to 1975.

    http://www.208itwasgreatradioluxembourg.co.uk/



    Dan

  11. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 284 Times in 253 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Claybricks View Post
    I just sent Alan Bailey an email with the song clip.

    Alan worked at Radio Luxembourg from 1958 to 1975.

    http://www.208itwasgreatradioluxembourg.co.uk/



    Dan
    Hi Dan,

    I'm sorry I can't help you. I sent your email to my friends who worked in Luxembourg at that time and they don't recognise it either. The only woman record I know is by John Lennon and it's obviously not that. Sorry.

    Kind Regards,

    Alan Bailey.

Similar Threads

  1. I wrote a song xD (song lyrics)
    By ShadowLeeSharp in forum Hallo, I'm new!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-01-2011, 12:15 AM
  2. List of all translated Tose's songs lyrics
    By i'm little one in forum Bulgarian / Macedonian
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-29-2010, 03:56 AM
  3. Dana -100 3la 100
    By NNA for life in forum Arabic lyrics translation
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-18-2009, 06:41 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-07-2008, 10:15 AM

Posting Permissions