Athena- 5 Karış, Masum Kalamayız, Çatal Yürek

Thread: Athena- 5 Karış, Masum Kalamayız, Çatal Yürek

Tags: None

partizanka said:

Default Athena- 5 Karış, Masum Kalamayız, Çatal Yürek

I really need to think of a new amusing way to say "please help me with these songs"

5 Karış- I don't really understand this word...it seems like some way of measuring something...some span?

Yapma deme yaparım// Don't say "don't do it", I'll do it
    Kal deme kaçarım// Don't say "Stay", I'll run away
    Biraz bela lazım bana // I need a little trouble
    Ben koca bir aptalım// I'm a huge idiot
    Anlamam oyunlardan// I don't know about the games
    Biraz kumar lazım bana// I need a bit of a gamble
    Adımı sorma söyleyemem// Don't ask my name, I can't say it
    İnan doğru söyleyemem// Believe, I can't say the truth
    Her yanım bir başka dönüyor// Every part of me turns into something else (?)
    Sen bakma bana aklım 5 karış havada// Don't look at me....*
    Gel yanıma gel// Come near me
    Her şeyi al götür benden// Take everything from me
    Gel yanıma gel// Come to me
    Aklımı al götür benden// Take my mind away from me
    İçine çek beni// Breathe me in
    Kör sarhoş et beni// Make me blind drunk/ Intoxicate me
    Bir damla zehir ver bana// Give me a drop of poison
    Ben arıyım uçarım// I'm pure I'll be wild/I'll fly (?)
    Vazgeçmem çiçeklerden// I don't abandon/give up flowers
    Bir parça aşk lazım bana// I need one piece of love

*...aklım 5 karış havada- I think this must be some sort of idiom. I don't quite get it.

Masum Kalamayız- We Can't Stay Innocent (?)

Cesaretin var mı Kendine inanmaya // Do you have the courage to believe yourself?
    Cesaretin var mı Sen başkasın ben başka// Do you have the courage? You're different, I'm different (?)
    Cesaretin var mı Kuralsız yaşamaya// Do you have the courage to live without rules
    Cesaretin var mı Kendin gibi olmaya// Do you have the courage to be like what you really are/to be yourself (?)

Masum kalamayız// We can't stay innocent
    Ne lüzumu var// What need is there to (?)
    Hiç bildiğin gibi değil// It's not at all like what you knew (It's not like you knew everything?)
    Hic sandığın gibi değil// It's not at all like what you thought
    Artık anla// Understand now/already

Cesaretin var mı Yemin edip bozmaya// Do you have the courage to make vows and break them (?)
    Cesaretin var mı Aşık olup koşmaya// (Some lyrics say he says "kusmaya" here...I can't tell)
    Cesaretin var mı Kalbini satmaya// Do you have the courage to sell your heart
    Cesaretin var mı Yasaklara susmaya// Do you have the courage to keep/not tell secrets (?)

Çatal Yürek

Buradayım her şeyin ortasında
    Hani dere tepe akar gider ya
    Boyun eğmez çatal yürek
    Bekler durur yol ayrımında

Sağdan mı gitmeli
    Soldan mı gitmeli
    Uymadı ortadan gel
    Yaman yaman yol bizimkisi

Görmeden olmuyor
    Tadını bilmiyor
    Sen benim olmasan da
    İçimdeki susmuyor
    Damarına basmadıkça
    Kendini bulmuyor
    Aman aman
    Kendini bulmuyor
    Aman aman
    Kanatlanırım

Bir gün fezaya
    Belki yarın dalarım okyanusa
    Kim bilir bu çatal yürek
    Neler ister yol ayrımında

(This one is much harder for me )

Thank you!

2. Sade said:

Masum Kalamayız- We Can't Stay Innocent

Cesaretin var mı Kendine inanmaya // Do you have the courage to believe in yourself?
    Cesaretin var mı Kendin gibi olmaya// Do you have the courage to be yourself
    Hiç bildiğin gibi değil// It's not at all like what you knew
    Hic sandığın gibi değil// It's not at all like what you thought
    Artık anla// Understand already
    Cesaretin var mı Aşık olup koşmaya// Do you have the courage to fall in love and to run*
    Cesaretin var mı Yasaklara susmaya// Do you have the courage to stay quiet to forbiddances

*I listened to that part many times. He must be saying 'kosmaya' because I hear the 'sh' of the word.

Quote Originally Posted by partizanka
    5 Karış- I don't really understand this word...it seems like some way of measuring something...some span?
    You're right, 'karis' is a way of measuring. But in this line it's an idiom, 'aklim bes karis havada' // 'I have my head in the clouds'.

Her yanım bir başka dönüyor// Every part of me is different/I'm unpredictable
    Sen bakma bana aklım 5 karış havada// Don't look at me, my head is in the clouds
    Ben arıyım uçarım// I'm a bee I'll fly

Wow, you're really good with the translations.
    Last edited by Sade; 01-26-2011 at 04:14 PM.

3. Sade said:

Çatal Yürek // Fearless Heart

Buradayım her şeyin ortasında // I'm here in the middle of everything
    Hani dere tepe akar gider ya // You know how it flows uphill and down dale
    Boyun eğmez çatal yürek // The fearless heart won't give in
    Bekler durur yol ayrımında // It'll keep waiting at the fork in the road

Sağdan mı gitmeli // To turn right?
    Soldan mı gitmeli // To turn left?
    Uymadı ortadan gel // If it doesn't work out, come from the middle
    Yaman yaman yol bizimkisi // Our's is a frightening road

Görmeden olmuyor // It doesn't work without seeing
    Tadını bilmiyor // Doesn't know the taste
    Sen benim olmasan da // Even if you aren't mine
    İçimdeki susmuyor // What's inside me won't be silent
    Damarına basmadıkça // If you don't piss it off
    Kendini bulmuyor // It doesn't find itself
    Aman aman // Oh oh
    Aman aman // Oh oh
    Kanatlanırım // I'll take wing

Bir gün fezaya // To space one day
    Belki yarın dalarım okyanusa // Maybe tomorrow I'll dive in the ocean
    Kim bilir bu çatal yürek // Who knows what this fearless heart
    Neler ister yol ayrımında // Will want at the fork in the road

I like this song.

4. Sade said:

Delik Desik // Full Of Holes

Faka bastık, kaşla göz arasında // We fell into the trap in the blink of an eye
    Yolunda gitmeyen birşeyler mi var? // Are there things not on right track?
    Kelimeler dilimde // The words are on my lips
    Aklım başka yerde // My mind is somewhere else
    Olmazsa olmaz düşlerim var // I have dreams I can't do without

Sil baştan ettim bütün olanları // I started over with everything
    İçlerinden çektim seni soranları // I picked out of it the ones who asked about you
    Sabıkalı nağmeler // Love letters with criminal past
    Yasak beni sever // Forbiddance loves me

Biliyorlar biliyorlar // They know
    Bu sefer bizim için geliyorlar // This time they're coming after us

Yakalandık seninle Defalarca aşkından // We've been caught countless times because of your love
    Umurumda bile değil // I don't give a fck

Zehirinden ilaç olur // Your poison becomes cure
    Bu geçmeye mahkum zamanın yanında durduğun hata // It's a mistake that you're staying beside this time that is doomed to pass
    Yapacak çok birşey kalmadı // There isn't much left to do
    Benimde üstünü çizdiklerim var // I too have people who I've crossed out
    Olmalı nedeni // It has to have a reason
    Bizi ayırdılar // They seperated us
    Var mıdır ötesi? // Is there something beyond this?
    Hepsine eyvallah // Thank you to all of them*
    Delik deşik son nefesinde, son bir şans // In your last breath full of holes, a last chance
    Ahh son bir şans daha // A last chance once again

*I think this is meant sarcastically, like 'you screwed me over, thank you so much arshole!' or 'Cheers'. But 'Eyvallah' can also mean 'Good-bye'. I like the first option more though. How much do I love this song?

partizanka said:

Sade, thank you so much. I was so surprised and so happy to see all this.
    Is it just me, or do they have some cool lyrics? Definitely a band that could grow on you, ne?

Quote Originally Posted by Sade View Post
    Cesaretin var mı Aşık olup koşmaya// Do you have the courage to fall in love and to run*
    Cesaretin var mı Yasaklara susmaya// Do you have the courage to stay quiet to forbiddances

*I listened to that part many times. He must be saying 'kosmaya' because I hear the 'sh' of the word.
    I listened to it many times too. And if you had to listen many times to be sure, then I think that perhaps Gökhan and I should take Turkish pronunciation classes together. It's those o/ö and u/ü AGAIN! Why can't Turkish just be like Bosnian and use no vowels at all?
    Question- what does this mean "stay quiet to forbiddances"? Does this mean to not speak up against things? But then what kind of courage is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tersine
    You're right, 'karis' is a way of measuring. But in this line it's an idiom, 'aklim bes karis havada' // 'I have my head in the clouds'.
    Could this be another of their "high" songs? :P

Moving on to Çatal Yürek... I really liked those lyrics too and glad you liked the song. I dare say you are becoming an Athena (<3) fan.
    Especially these lines "spoke" to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orijinal Tenshi
    Kim bilir bu çatal yürek // Who knows what this fearless heart
    Neler ister yol ayrımında // Will want at the fork in the road
    As for your brilliantly brave translation of Delik Desik:

Quote Originally Posted by How Much Does Sade Love This Song?
    Aklım başka yerde // My mind is somewhere else
    Olmazsa olmaz düşlerim var // I have dreams I can't do without
    Very very nice. Very very true.

Quote Originally Posted by Sade
    *I think this is meant sarcastically, like 'you screwed me over, thank you so much arshole!' or 'Cheers'. But 'Eyvallah' can also mean 'Good-bye'. I like the first option more though. How much do I love this song?
    1. LMAO- I like the first option more as well.
    2. Answer- You love it very much cos you have nice taste in Athena (<3). Must be cos of their cool drummer.

Thank you again. Really.
    And P.S. I think I just did a whole long message without using that shy face one time! Unbelievable.

6. Sade said:

Quote Originally Posted by partizanka View Post
    Sade, thank you so much. I was so surprised and so happy to see all this.
    Is it just me, or do they have some cool lyrics? Definitely a band that could grow on you, ne?
    Hai, definitely. My doubts about it started to disappear when we found out about the Eurovision critics, then when I heard Sende Yap and Tersine, and now they're completely gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Vowel-less
    I listened to it many times too. And if you had to listen many times to be sure, then I think that perhaps Gökhan and I should take Turkish pronunciation classes together. It's those o/ö and u/ü AGAIN! Why can't Turkish just be like Bosnian and use no vowels at all?
    You know I first thought he was saying 'kusmaya' too. I had to listen to it with highest volume to finally catch the 'sh'. And then the 'u' also sounded more like 'o' so I was sure about it. You can come to me for pronunciation classes and bring Gökhan along. >:]
    And to answer your question with another question: How do you pronounce these words without vowels?! When I read such a word, this is my face --> (yes, it also turns blue cos I forget to breath when I'm confused).

Quote Originally Posted by partim
    Question- what does this mean "stay quiet to forbiddances"? Does this mean to not speak up against things? But then what kind of courage is that?
    I was confused with that line too. Maybe he wants to say 'Do you have the courage to obey eventhough it's against your nature' or something? What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoned
    Could this be another of their "high" songs? :P
    !!! I'm glad you wrote that. I wanted to write it in my post too, but then I thought I'd give a stoner impression of myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Catal Yürek
    Moving on to Çatal Yürek... I really liked those lyrics too and glad you liked the song. I dare say you are becoming an Athena (<3) fan.
    Especially these lines "spoke" to me.
    Why am I not surprised? I liked these lines too. And also:
    Damarına basmadıkça // If you don't piss it off

Quote Originally Posted by Tenshi-chanim
    1. LMAO- I like the first option more as well.
    2. Answer- You love it very much cos you have nice taste in Athena (<3). Must be cos of their cool drummer.
    1. I'm glad. =)
    2. >:]

Quote Originally Posted by Inanilmazsin
    Thank you again. Really.
    And P.S. I think I just did a whole long message without using that shy face one time! Unbelievable.
    Rica ederim. And I'm proud of you for not using the shy face once! But you'll not be proud of me that I used the you-know-which face two times in this message.

partizanka said:

You know I first thought he was saying 'kusmaya' too. I had to listen to it with highest volume to finally catch the 'sh'. And then the 'u' also sounded more like 'o' so I was sure about it. You can come to me for pronunciation classes and bring Gökhan along. >:]
    And to answer your question with another question: How do you pronounce these words without vowels?! When I read such a word, this is my face --> (yes, it also turns blue cos I forget to breath when I'm confused).
    1. ROFL! That face...
    2. When I really want to discourage someone from learning Bosnian, I give them a list of words with no vowels for their first lesson. But this is one secret: the letter /r/ works a little like a vowel sometimes. So for example, in the word /vrt/ (means "bahçe" - thought of this example cos perhaps "Yasak Bahçe" is my favourite Athena (<3) song...so please listen to it again, since you didn't like it at first.)- roll the r a little bit and I think you can say it. And please, don't forget to breathe.
    By the way, there are two girls I am very fond of here that I would loooove to hear pronounce these "hard" words in Bosnian...maybe then they would stop making fun of my Turkish pronunciation and orthography. ""

Quote Originally Posted by Courageous
    I was confused with that line too. Maybe he wants to say 'Do you have the courage to obey eventhough it's against your nature' or something? What do you think?
    I have no idea. When I thought it meant "do you have the courage to not tell secrets" it made more sense to me. But now...I'm not high enough to understand. Yet. >:]

Quote Originally Posted by Eyebaby!
    !!! I'm glad you wrote that. I wanted to write it in my post too, but then I thought I'd give a stoner impression of myself.
    Don't worry, everyone here knows I'm always on drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by You-know-which face
    Rica ederim. And I'm proud of you for not using the shy face once! But you'll not be proud of me that I used the you-know-which face two times in this message.
    I'm proud. But there's a guy sitting next to me with an oklava who is feeling a little jealous and may start crying without help from onions. Maybe you should call him.

8. Sade said:

Quote Originally Posted by Hidoi View Post
    2. When I really want to discourage someone from learning Bosnian, I give them a list of words with no vowels for their first lesson. But this is one secret: the letter /r/ works a little like a vowel sometimes. So for example, in the word /vrt/ (means "bahçe" - thought of this example cos perhaps "Yasak Bahçe" is my favourite Athena (<3) song...so please listen to it again, since you didn't like it at first.)- roll the r a little bit and I think you can say it. And please, don't forget to breathe.
    Thank you for the lesson, Sensei. So it must sound like 'v(e)rt'? :s And sorry, now I remember you telling me before that Yasak Bahce was your favourite. I'll try it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahde Üzgün
    By the way, there are two girls I am very fond of here that I would loooove to hear pronounce these "hard" words in Bosnian...maybe then they would stop making fun of my Turkish pronunciation and orthography. ""
    Garip partizanka. ""

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Karis
    I have no idea. When I thought it meant "do you have the courage to not tell secrets" it made more sense to me. But now...I'm not high enough to understand. Yet. >:]
    Yay, omedetou on your first use of our you-know-which face!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nani?!?
    I'm proud. But there's a guy sitting next to me with an oklava who is feeling a little jealous and may start crying without help from onions. Maybe you should call him.
    LMAO, I think the question here is...WHY is he sitting next to you?! Is there anything you need to tell me?!? A bear sitting next to me just read your message and is so frustrated that he's eating all my blueberry pies. Please come and take him. >:[

partizanka said:

Thank you for the lesson, Sensei. So it must sound like 'v(e)rt'? :s And sorry, now I remember you telling me before that Yasak Bahce was your favourite. I'll try it again.
    Exactly and yes, please.

Quote Originally Posted by No More Pie
    LMAO, I think the question here is...WHY is he sitting next to you?! Is there anything you need to tell me?!? A bear sitting next to me just read your message and is so frustrated that he's eating all my blueberry pies. Please come and take him. >:[
    >:] Ja, bitte! As for Kör Sarhoş, either the blindness or the drunkness caused him to get lost out in the cold with no sweater (MILENA!!! ) so I could not leave him there. Let's trade them now.

10. Sade said:

Quote Originally Posted by partizanka View Post
    >:] Ja, bitte! As for Kör Sarhoş, either the blindness or the drunkness caused him to get lost out in the cold with no sweater (MILENA!!! ) so I could not leave him there. Let's trade them now.
    LOL, sorry I had to comment on this...because I have the cutest image of Milena stealing drunk Sarhos' sweater and running away. xD Also, why are you suddenly using proper ü's and ş's?! Trying to show off? Okay, lets trade them. Mine seems the same, but your's could come with a few chins more.

partizanka said:

LOL, sorry I had to comment on this...because I have the cutest image of Milena stealing drunk Sarhos' sweater and running away. xD Also, why are you suddenly using proper ü's and ş's?! Trying to show off? Okay, lets trade them. Mine seems the same, but your's could come with a few chins more.
    It is a cute image, I agree.
    You jealous of my correct Turkish orthography? I've been taking some lessons.
    If there are extra chins, please await a call from my lawyer. >:[