Thread: The Art of Dedication

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    HE'S GONE!!!

Mubarak has gone. Power to the people
    "People have the power
    People have the power"

Thanks

To the people of Egypt (off-Turkish but so relevant!)

Thanks

Back to Turkey.

Contrary to so many of my friends here, it took me some time to endorse this song in Sertab Erener's performance - it had to grow on me, but now I love it very much.

But when I discovered this clip at YT ... oh, it made me fall for Him forever...
    And it grows with every day and with every new song from him.

I'd like to dedicate this song to Miss Plainy and Mr Chaos!
    Thank you for being so tender with me over the last 24 hours and thank you so very much for your most encouraging and up-lifting words, canlarim!
    That really rocked like heaven and hell combined!

Murat Boz, also appearing in this clip, is, however, dedicated to Milena Godiva and Simona Cubana, who appreciate certain 195cm-tall beauties in life. Enjoy, dear ladies!

As regards Sibel Can - she is dedicated to all the remaining friends and members of the Turkish Forum!

Last edited by Paul Orhan; 02-12-2011 at 06:02 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    Bijan, had I hated it, I would have loved her after your dedication. Thank you. Kheyli mamnoon azizam.
    Vivaciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim, nice grammatical sentence. We can share Funda with each other dearest, but we have to discuss this issue with MOJ PAWLIE first. We can even seduce him or deceive him, don't you agree sister?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Orhan View Post
    Your all time magpie has fallen in love with Funda when he heard the song below, so let me dedicate it to you back, Owl of My Life.

The duduk part, however, is dedicated to Milena.

At the same time - just in case - I have to advise you to stick closely to Nilufer because in case of Funda we might not be that generous . And let me make mention here of some very friendly lawyers who are always prepared to defend our "property" rights.
    Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Song dear, thank you for your dedication. I love this formidable lady so much.

Don't be cruel my all time Pawlie. Besides, as a brother, all of your property belongs to me too.

Quote Originally Posted by astorias View Post
    vaSe çoKcleVer, moallEme azizaM :

Mamnoonam doosteh khoobam. It's so nice of you dear. btw, you're my teacher arkadaşım.

You know how much I love Toygar Işıklı and this song, my shining star.

I'm officially taking possession of this song from my brother çoKcleVer after he had robbed me from my very own Hairkabadayı

On behalf of both of us - kheyli mamnoon, Astorias jan!

PS. D'you use a special software to create "unexpected" capital letters or is it always a new invention of yours - I'm dying to know! But it's so unique and such a trademark of yours!
    According to my motto, all of my property is yours kardeşım. So, don't be jealous and let my friends dedicate songs to me freely. They will be all yours in a while.

P.S. Astorias,BENİM YILDIZM, is so genius and creative. I always appreciate her and her artistic works.

I'd like to kindly ask our VeryPersian viewers and their VeryDevotees to move to the following link:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Paweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllll,

That song.............................................. ............

You know how much I love it and .....
    ***The translations have been done by Bijan Kardouni AKA veyclever1980***

PlainChaos

Aaayy Açık Adreeeees Paul'cum could you imagine you and Soner making a duet? I totally could ..and what a duet it would be -it'd be the bomb! Thank you so much! Ms. Plainy and Mr. Chaos are so honored that they'd like to dedicate this song to you in return

Tyrannosaurus Regina partizanka's Avatar
    Thanks

Murat Boz, also appearing in this clip, is, however, dedicated to Milena Godiva and Simona Cubana, who appreciate certain 195cm-tall beauties in life. Enjoy, dear ladies!
    LOL...Awesome, thanks Pasha! Although, I was shocked to find that your Soner had more appeal in this clip than Murat. The world has turned upside down.

Sade chanim- for Gözyaşlarımızın Tadı Aynı ...kokoro kara arigatou. <3

VeryClever- Actually, I do like that Funda song, Sen ve Ben, especially after seeing it loved by you and Paul. Thank you!

I'm sorry to be non-Turkish here, but for particular reason, I want to dedicate this song to Pashkim and to his melek, Olga (at your discretion, Paul ). And to Bijan. I hope you will love this as do I and as does Milenam.

Depeche Mode- Precious

"If God has a master plan, that only He understands...I hope it's your eyes He's seeing through"
    Dave Gahan's voice is a gift, just like yours, Pasha.

And God protect Egypt. <3
    Last edited by partizanka; 02-12-2011 at 08:45 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. and Ms. PlainChaos
    Aaayy Açık Adreeeees Paul'cum could you imagine you and Soner making a duet? I totally could ..and what a duet it would be -it'd be the bomb! Thank you so much! Ms. Plainy and Mr. Chaos are so honored that they'd like to dedicate this song to you in return
    My pleasure, canlarim!
    As far as duet's concerned, well we're working on it, you know.
    Sezen offered us a song but I asked her to change the lyrics to slightly easier.
    And you know what? She didn't grumble at all. She just said "Oh, canim, you're so right about it, no problem, really" Sweet lady!

And finally Someone Else posted some Ferhy here. Muchas gracias!!!
    "Gulki sevgilim, gulki gozlerim ..." SOOOOO GOOOOD
    Last edited by Paul Orhan; 02-12-2011 at 06:17 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A Woman Whose World Turned Upside Down
    LOL...Awesome, thanks Pasha! Although, I was shocked to find that your Soner had more appeal in this clip than Murat. The world has turned upside down.
    He's so charismatic here, no? Murat looks like a "baby-soap" (as we say in Poland) as compared to Him.

Quote Originally Posted by A Woman Who Always Knows What's Best For Me
    I'm sorry to be non-Turkish here, but for particular reason, I want to dedicate this song to Pashkim and to his melek, Olga (at your discretion, Paul). And to Bijan. I hope you will love this as do I and as does Milenam.

Depeche Mode- Precious
    "If God has a master plan, that only He understands...I hope it's your eyes He's seeing through" Dave Gahan's voice is a gift, just like yours, Pasha.
    Ohhhhh, you made my eyes water now ... Thank you so much, on behalf of Olga and myself! Truly touched! Melek will listen to it tomorrow (got some cold and went to bed early).
    Thanks for all those warm words re: my voice! Such a satisfaction after all those years!!!
    You know my feelings towards Dave Gahan ... He's one of those singers, whose voice (with this wonderful vibrato) just x-rays me through - amazing, dazzling, thrilling, awesome!!!
    And he's such a tormented soul, too. I'd love to meet him one day and have a serious man-to-man talk about all the important things in life! Thanks again, canim!

Quote Originally Posted by A Woman Who Walks Like An Egyptian
    Amen!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bangles Fan? View Post
    He's so charismatic here, no? Murat looks like a "baby-soap" (as we say in Poland) as compared to Him.
    LOL...don't know exactly what that means, but I think I get it and agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Watery Eyed Fan of Walk Like An Egyptian
    Ohhhhh, you made my eyes water now ... Thank you so much, on behalf of Olga and myself! Truly touched! Melek will listen to it tomorrow (got some cold and went to bed early).
    Thanks for all those warm words re: my voice! Such a satisfaction after all those years!!!
    You know my feelings towards Dave Gahan ... He's one of those singers, whose voice (with this wonderful vibrato) just x-rays me through - amazing, dazzling, thrilling, awesome!!!
    And he's such a tormented soul, too. I'd love to meet him one day and have a serious man-to-man talk about all the important things in life! Thanks again, canim!
    I'm so glad you love this song too! I agree 100% about Mr. Gahan's voice...and err...98% about "talking" to him.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by partizanka View Post
    LOL...don't know exactly what that means, but I think I get it and agree.
    "Cute and charming in a boyish, not very masculine way".
    But it's not necessarily offensive.
    For a woman in her prime, saying that about a cute 25-year-old guy will mean a compliment.
    For a woman in her mid-twenties, however, on the contrary - a critic on his having too boyish (immature) looks.

Fortunately, Mr. Gahan is not a baby-soap!

Thanks

"Cute and charming in a boyish, not very masculine way".
    But it's not necessarily offensive.
    For a woman in her prime, saying that about a cute 25-year-old guy will mean a compliment.
    For a woman in her mid-twenties, however, on the contrary - a critic on his having too boyish (immature) looks.

Fortunately, Mr. Gahan is not a baby-soap!
    When is "in her prime?" I hope I haven't reached that point yet. So Mr. Boz, please consider my comment a critique. And then please send Mr. Ocak over.

LOL about Mr. Gahan...he's something more like grandfather soap. Paul, Nie zabijaj mnie!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Age-concerned Woman
    When is "in her prime?" I hope I haven't reached that point yet.
    LOL LOL LOL - still a looooooooooooong winding way to go, cherie - ca. 45-55.

Quote Originally Posted by A Woman not even in her Balzac years
    LOL about Mr. Gahan...he's something more like grandfather soap. Paul, Nie zabijaj mnie!!!
    Depends on the point of view, canim. He's still in his forties (1962)!
    Who's killing who!?!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,714 Times in 1,305 Posts

LOL, great memory Paul. Thank you, as you know I'm always happy to "watch" Murat Boz. :P

Thanks

LOL LOL LOL - still a looooooooooooong winding way to go, cherie - ca. 45-55.
    Loooong sigh of relief. Thank you, Paul.

Depends on the point of view, canim. He's still in his forties (1962)!
    Who's killing who!?!
    I guess some age better than others. You've just killed me with this information.

Thanks

Dedicated to the one who asks the most difficult lyrics to translate in Turkish forum , one of the kindest ATL'ers, Sofijski Mozart. This song is one of my favourite folk songs ever and I like Zara's version a lot. I hope you like it too. (By the way I still enjoy Karahisar Kalesi by Özlem Özdil more than Kıraç's version. )

Zara - Değmen Benim Gamlı Yaslı Gönlüme

Thanks

Dedicated to Maviii who is obsessed with the most handsome Turkish guy's adorable soundtrack song.

Aydilge - Takıntı (Obsession)

Thanks

I'm 100% sure one of them will never see this post Oh well..dedicated to my "unbelievable" friend ciyo37 and someone special who made me looooove studying (Turkish) History first time in my life. Awesome song and video and it's even not Turkish. :P <3

Ulytau - Zhumyr Kylysh (Keskin Kılıç)

Thanks

"People have the power
    People have the power"
    Oh Moj Pawlie,
    Patti Smith is definitely one of the best female singers of 20th century. I like her franker songs too, you know what I mean. She's so bold, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by partizanka View Post
    VeryClever- Actually, I do like that Funda song, Sen ve Ben, especially after seeing it loved by you and Paul. Thank you!

I'm sorry to be non-Turkish here, but for particular reason, I want to dedicate this song to Pashkim and to his melek, Olga (at your discretion, Paul ). And to Bijan. I hope you will love this as do I and as does Milenam.

Depeche Mode- Precious

"If God has a master plan, that only He understands...I hope it's your eyes He's seeing through"
    Dave Gahan's voice is a gift, just like yours, Pasha.

My dearest Simona,
    Thank you, thank you for putting this masterpiece here. Depeche mode, oh, is my favorite alternative/new wave band. Dave Gahan is wonderfuuuuuuuuuuuuuullllllllllllllllllllll. That song and its music video!!!!!!!!!!!

What should I say except praising them wholeheartedly.

Thank you so much for dedication, my ljubazna friend
    Last edited by veryclever1980; 02-13-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Milena View Post
    Dedicated to the one who asks the most difficult lyrics to translate in Turkish forum , one of the kindest ATL'ers, Sofijski Mozart. This song is one of my favourite folk songs ever and I like Zara's version a lot. I hope you like it too. (By the way I still enjoy Karahisar Kalesi by Özlem Özdil more than Kıraç's version. )

Zara - Değmen Benim Gamlı Yaslı Gönlüme
    Oh my Goddess,
    I don't know that you love this magnificent lady. To tell the truth, I'm madly in love with her and her voice.

Let me dedicate this song to you as gift for having such a nice taste:

Zara - Hasretinle Yandi Gonlum

Thanks

This post goes to my dearest Simona: the dearest founder of this topic; the most beautiful soul who knows no boundaries; the forgiving one; the kindest one.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think everyone here knows that how I am desperately in love with benim Nilüferim. Her latest album can't be described by just simple words, you should feel it with your bones and flesh.

Let me illustrate this fact:

At first, the original version of this song in 1982:

Nilüfer - İntizar

Next, the recreation of this song in her new album, featuring Badem:

Nilüfer & Badem - İntizar (2011)

I know my dearest would not mind if I dedicate this song to our Goddess too.

Dearest Milena it's for you too.
    Last edited by veryclever1980; 02-13-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast