Solved: 1970s Country Outlaw Song - Looking for Title

Thread: Solved: 1970s Country Outlaw Song - Looking for Title

Tags: country outlaw song
  1. wse1954 said:

Question Solved: 1970s Country Outlaw Song - Looking for Title

I am looking for the name of a country song that I think Waylon Jennings may have sung in 1970s. The words of the song create a picture of a man being dragged out of a church because he didn't look like he fit in/wasn't dressed well enough (hippie style clothing, long hair, sandals). As he was being pulled out, the people dragging him were facing the outside of the church, but he was facing the inside. He was looking at a picture of Jesus portrayed with a long robe, long hair, and sandals on his feet. The irony of this moment in time being formed with words always stuck with me. Does anyone know the name of this song, or who actually sang it? Thank you for any help that you can give.
  2. eliazra said:
  3. eliazra said:

and here are the lyrics
    http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/p...yer-19044.html

"The Outlaw's Prayer" by Johnny Paycheck
    Last edited by atmaestro; 02-10-2011 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Add song title & artist
  4. wse1954 said:

Smile Thank you to Eliazra - That has to be the song!

Thank you so much for your reply and the link to the words of the Johnny Paycheck song. That has to be the song that I was looking for. No wonder I couldn't find it. I kept looking for the words under Waylon Jennings songs. So many people have told me that they thought they had heard the song I was talking about. But they couldn't remember the singer or the title either. Thanks again!