Why do you not try to escape…
    From this cell, from yourself?
    Call it hell, because it doesn’t exist
    Without heaven

Without darkness
    There is nothing
    Without you
    There is no light

I'm still working on part 2, but I'm very happy with where it's going. Thank you for reading.

SljSlj said:

I'd like some constructive criticism on this, please.

Thanks in Advance.

PointZero said:

I can't wait to hear more. I love your metaphors, and especially your use of uncommon words. I want to hear this put to music. Do you have a melody in mind?

SljSlj said:

Thank you. I'm glad you like it. I have a song written for the first part, which I would describe as a dark country-metal track. I don't have anything for part 2 yet, but I have an idea of what I mean it to sound like.

You might be interested to know I plan to record two sets of music over the course of this year. One entitled Rose, the other Mushroom. Rose will contain lighter stuff, in a pop and metal influenced style, and I want part 2 to be a part of this. Mushroom will be a darker thing, and will basically be a doom album with a little bit of country influence, part 1 definitely belongs here.

Search me up on Myspace if you like, I write and play under the moniker Legion Of Goats. I don't have any music up yet, but I'm working on it.

PointZero said:

All sounds good. And I'll definitely look you up. Keep posting! Oh, and quick question, how old are you?

SljSlj said:

I'm 18.

PointZero said:

I thought you were around that age. Nonetheless, great lyrics, and always love reading them.

SljSlj said:

Here's an interesting story. So I decided in January that I would begin the project and finish it before that time the next year. I also decided that I'd find all the people that would help me create the music, and also anything involving making a good image for myself and getting myself noticed.

I met a girl on another forum who was a very talented artist who made drawings on a computer with some program... I can't remember the name of it. We got to talking and sharing our art, my lyrics and poetry, her drawings, and within 24 hours we of meeting, we were designing something to represent the Rose/Mushroom project. It took 7 hours of her and I exchanging IMs as I explained just what I wanted and her doing her best to take it from my words on the screen to her "canvas". She did a fantastic job, didn't she?

It inspired me to write a very cynical and depressing song entitled "Mushroom" about finding enjoyment in witnessing the apocalypse. You can find it on the second page of this forum.

PointZero said:

It is a very deep statement. The beauty in a disaster. Nothing is more beautiful than that. And that picture is immaculate. Couldn't have been better.

SljSlj said:

Well, it will be a bit better by the time the album is finished 'cause we talk often about what we could do to make it better and have made about half a dozen minor changes, and one big one (the change of the rose you can see above) since it was "finished".