ينقل عفشو معنا الليلة
    thank u very very much
  2. CZAREK2581 said:

Quote Originally Posted by kaka View Post
    hi all what is this mean?
    ينقل عفشو معنا الليلة
    thank u very very much
    I am not sure:

he moves his furnitures with us tonight?

Shoppingxgirl said:

Default happy new year elek kman 3me Wasim ... o yana a7'e kolshe bsder owla yhmkk bm7aa

What does this mean please?

happy new year elek kman 3me Wasim ... o yana a7'e kolshe bsder owla yhmkk bm7aa

thanks!

aila said:

Quote Originally Posted by Shoppingxgirl View Post
    thanks!
    my try:
    happy new year elek kman 3me Wasim ... o yana a7'e kolshe bsder owla yhmkk bm7aa
    happy new year for u too my uncle Wasim... and me, my bro, everything is in my chest (keep in my heart)
    better to protect yourself ???

Shoppingxgirl said:

Quote Originally Posted by aila View Post
    my try:
    happy new year for u too my uncle Wasim... and me, my bro, everything is in my chest (keep in my heart)
    better to protect yourself ???
    thanks! It sounds a bit weird though xD
    3me is uncle? or it can be used as "cousin"? because the person who wrote this is quite young to be an uncle lol
  6. CZAREK2581 said:

3me is uncle? or it can be used as "cousin"? because the person who wrote this is quite young to be an uncle lol
    I am not sure if the given translation is correct ,better wait for Loyla or Mavii they are experts in
    transliterations

LoOlya said:

3me = my uncle
    ebn 3me = my cousin (uncle's son)
    Syria ♥
    لّا إِلَهَ إِلاَّ أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
    Suriyeli damarımda Türk kanı akıyor.

amnah said:

thanks!
    Let's see:

happy new year
    elek kman>> you too
    3me Wasim>> uncle wasim
    ( usually close friends or relatives call eachother 3me/ 7'ale/ 7'aye/ sedi/rayis
    even though he is not
    just like when they say
    boss/dude/buddy/fellow/pal)
    o yana>> not clear!!
    a7'e>> my brother
    kolshe>>everything
    bsder>> not clear!!
    owla yhmkk>> don't think about it/Don't Overthink it
    bm7aa>> it's going to be forgotten/ you will go over it

I hope I didn't screw it up

Maviii said:

sometimes the uncle himself could call his nephew as 3me if you got my point
    so if wasim in this sentence is the young guy then the whole sentence is told by his uncle
    so as amnah mentioned it above very clear explanation about this uncle line

p.s/ o yana a7'e kolshe bsder owla yhmkk bm7aa
    the underlined word is not clear
    it depends because maybe it means i trade/export -import
    bsder also maybe mean i order
    so it has nothing to do with chest anyway

Shoppingxgirl said:

awww I appreciate what you are doing for me, thanks a lot everyone <3<3

I looked for bseder and I think it means ok in hebrew.
    Does it make more sense in the sentence with bseder=ok ?

amnah said:

If so,,,

I would say:

Everything is okay, Don't Overthink it, You will go over it.

How is that
    it makes sense
  12. CZAREK2581 said:

I have got a question:

I guess u learn Arabic(i am not sure if you study it by your own or with someone) ,however
    if you will gonna base just on English transliteration , you will never learn it correctly.As you see-you gave sentence which was even difficult to understand by native's.
  13. Valge said:

@CZAREK it is sooo hard to study with arabic letters. they seem so complex and difficult. even I try to read and memorize a word. Later when I try to use it english letters comes to my mind. maybe 2-3 years later it will be easy.
  14. CZAREK2581 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Valge View Post
    @CZAREK it is sooo hard to study with arabic letters. they seem so complex and difficult. even I try to read and memorize a word. Later when I try to use it english letters comes to my mind. maybe 2-3 years later it will be easy.
    Hi Valge,

I have been studying Arabic for the last three years( by myself) I have never attended to any school or instituite
    and for me Arabic letters are just the basics (what everyone should learn at the begining)-(they are not so difficult ) u must just spend some time on it (that is all)as we know everything comes with the time.Believe Polish language which I speak differs a lot and there is nothing in common between these two languages.

I dont know what is your purpose to study arabic ,but i can't imagine (as an example) being in Arabic country and couldn't read anything(name of street,city or whatever).

There are no rules for translietarion as u spotted already so in general there is no a good way to learn it correctly.Of course that is your choice what u will gonna do with that.In my case it didnt work at all.

Salaam
  15. Valge said:

Hi CZAREK, thank you for your response. I agree with you people should learn the arabic letters in the beginning. Because when you start something, it is more difficult to change it. Like for me I visualize "bayt" instead "بيت" But I will try to get over inshallah.
  16. CZAREK2581 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Valge View Post
    Hi CZAREK, thank you for your response. I agree with you people should learn the arabic letters in the beginning. Because when you start something, it is more difficult to change it. Like for me I visualize "bayt" instead "بيت" But I will try to get over inshallah.
    yes i got your point ,wish u all the best ,Any questions relating to arabic ,dont hestitate asking me

Shoppingxgirl said:

Quote Originally Posted by CZAREK2581 View Post
    I have got a question:

I guess u learn Arabic(i am not sure if you study it by your own or with someone) ,however
    if you will gonna base just on English transliteration , you will never learn it correctly.As you see-you gave sentence which was even difficult to understand by native's.
    I have studied one year of Standard Arabic at uni so I can read arabic letters perfectly and I started learning classic arabic but I mostly talk with Lebanese/Palestinian people and dialects are easier to transcript into latin letters rather than arabic ones. Moreover, the sentences I read are in latin, if those people wrote it with arabic letters I would ask in the forum with the arabic letters.
  18. CZAREK2581 said:

I have studied one year of Standard Arabic at uni so I can read arabic letters perfectly and I started learning classic arabic but I mostly talk with Lebanese/Palestinian people and dialects are easier to transcript into latin letters rather than arabic ones. Moreover, the sentences I read are in latin, if those people wrote it with arabic letters I would ask in the forum with the arabic letters.
    dialects are easier to transcript into latin letters rather than arabic ones.
    Well there are many books actually to learn Levantine dialect(the one u learn) in arabic script,so everything depends what are u looking for?
    For sure your sentences given in arabic script would be much easier than given as an English transliteration.Young people nowaydays change
    a language a little bit (especially if we mean chatting,they consider writing [transliteration] faster and easier ,however for me & and for some native's it is not easy at all

Shoppingxgirl said:

Well there are many books actually to learn Levantine dialect(the one u learn) in arabic script,so everything depends what are u looking for?
    I found a good blog on how to learn Levantine arabic.

Here's the link: http://www.cedarseed.com/water/lebanese.html
    I think it's very interesting and he explains in the Introduction why he's teaching the Levantine dialect with latin letters. You can read it, I think it's very complete.
  20. CZAREK2581 said:

I found a good blog on how to learn Levantine arabic.

Here's the link: http://www.cedarseed.com/water/lebanese.html
    I think it's very interesting and he explains in the Introduction why he's teaching the Levantine dialect with latin letters. You can read it, I think it's very complete.

I recommend two books actually Syrian Colloquial Arabic [which i guess u have already]& A reference Grammar of Syrian Arabic both of them has (arabic script & english transliteration] u will gonna benefit from them a lot.

My favourite blog is http://thearabicstudent.blogspot.com/