Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Arabic <-> English Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Arabic <-> English Translations

Tags: None

Layla said:

Default Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Arabic <-> English Translations

Dear members here is a thread for you to ask for translations of short sentences, texts and sayings from Arabic to English and vice versa! Everyone here we'll be glad to help!

Please post here only requests that aren't song translation requests!

Rainne said:

Red face can somebody translate this for me

m3lsh ya eman
    mizo enta w7shni fsh5..!! Kois el7 enta 3aml a ?? W hashofk emta ??

Thank uuuuu

marjo1988 said:

hii everybody plz someone can help me for this :

- ya mamyyy alla yostour bi 2ida sle7777

- chou ostik?

- 5tana2et

- w ba2a de2e 3ala my number

- hala2 asabtine

-

thankssss in advance
    Last edited by marjo1988; 02-26-2011 at 01:06 PM.
  4. Ahlaam said:

في أمن اللّه

what does that mean and is it spelt correctly??

arabikprincessangel said:

viva when u find time i wait the last pm translation,habibi

:P

shokran kteer....
    It is true that I have had heartache and tragedy in my life. These are things none of us avoids. Suffering is the price of being alive.

Maviii said:

- ya mamyyy alla yostour bi 2ida sle7777
    oh mom may god protect us she has a gun

- chou ostik?
    whats up with you ?

- 5tana2et
    i am choked

- w ba2a de2e 3ala my number
    then call my number

- hala2 asabtine
    now you make me nervous

marjo1988 said:

Maviii thankss a lot and can u help me for this too plz*

- bi3almak kif t2awis

- men 3alim 10 metlik ne7na ya moni

- eh ba3rif enak bet3alim 10 bs min wara 3amo .............. enta seret t2awis ye3ne lfadel la 2ello mafina n2oul esmo 3al hawa la 3amo cz houwe shi mhem bta3rif enta

thanksss in advance

Maviii said:

Quote Originally Posted by marjo1988 View Post
    Maviii thankss a lot and can u help me for this too plz*

- bi3almak kif t2awis
    i will teach you how to shoot

- men 3alim 10 metlik ne7na ya moni
    we can teach 10 like you moni

- eh ba3rif enak bet3alim 10 bs min wara 3amo .............. enta seret t2awis ye3ne lfadel la 2ello mafina n2oul esmo 3al hawa la 3amo cz houwe shi mhem bta3rif enta
    yeah i know you can teach 10 but behind my uncle back
    you know how to shoot now means i prefer not to tell his name on air (your uncle name)
    cause he is important person u know

thanksss in advance
    here you go

Daydream said:

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    m3lsh ya eman
    mizo enta w7shni fsh5..!! Kois el7 enta 3aml a ?? W hashofk emta ??

Thank uuuuu
    No worries Eman
    Mizo I miss you like crazy..!! I'm good, thank God, how are you?? And when will I see you??
    Ya reitni 2amle b sha3rak, kel lama ashta2lak atsa7sel w ashoufak ♥

Daydream said:

Quote Originally Posted by Maviii View Post
    yeah i know you can teach 10 but behind my uncle back
    you know how to shoot now means i prefer not to tell his name on air (your uncle name)
    cause he is important person u know
    Ya I know you can teach 10 but that's due to Uncle ............... that you learned to shoot so the thanks goes to him, there's no need to mention his name live/publicly cuz he's someone important, you know that.
    Ya reitni 2amle b sha3rak, kel lama ashta2lak atsa7sel w ashoufak ♥

Rainne said:

Default translation please

aslha betfr2 wana RO7YY fe wa7da w bafkar leyl w nhar feha w elsho2 byzid mabyenthesh ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ .... 7obha fe 2lbi w de agmal wa7da mal2etsh gamlha fe wala wa7da WallaHi malhash badeelllllllll.....♥ ♥ ♥ ♥.....

It's a little longer...sorry!!!

Thank you in advance

VivaPalestina said:

Quote Originally Posted by arabikprincessangel View Post
    viva when u find time i wait the last pm translation,habibi
    shokran kteer....

I was feeling so proud of myself for answering most of my PM's..and I come today to find 7 more Inshallah soon sweetie!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamy
    This may not be the right time or place to say it, but Vivaaa I finally caught an argument lol
    Hay argument? 3i2bal matla72i the real ones, hay esma e5tilaf bwijhet elnazar...anyways Welcome Back!

Quote Originally Posted by 3allawiiii
    Glad I helped
    3i2bal ma you help me bel 3ra8i ya thaki yallah sheno nater? w el thread elly enta fata7to, at least post some youtube links for kazem...ya3ni whole songs, mesh maqate3

*wooo sho batlob kteer, merci =]

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne
    aslha betfr2 wana RO7YY fe wa7da w bafkar leyl w nhar feha w elsho2 byzid mabyenthesh ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ .... 7obha fe 2lbi w de agmal wa7da mal2etsh gamlha fe wala wa7da WallaHi malhash badeelllllllll.....♥ ♥ ♥ ♥.....
    Its part of a song already translated on ATL, aslaha btfre2 I dont remember how the translation goes, but something along the lines of:

For its different when my SOUL is in one and I think of her night and day and the passion increases and doesnt finish....her love is in my heart and she's the most beautiful one, I've never seen someone as beautiful as her, I swear she is one of a kind

Edit: Lyrics/Translation/Translitteration can be found here

And I cant believe I still havent answered the poor girl and made it into male form!! Shame on me
  13. 3llawi said:

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post

3i2bal ma you help me bel 3ra8i ya thaki yallah sheno nater? w el thread elly enta fata7to, at least post some youtube links for kazem...ya3ni whole songs, mesh maqate3

*wooo sho batlob kteer, merci =]
    ra7 a3lmk , ana na6rk msh na6r shy thani
    o ba3d mafi a'3ani kamla !! m8a6e3 bs ... i guess
    قلنا نعم لتحرر الشعوب العربية ... سنتوحد جميعا ... وستزحف الملايين لتحرير القدس ♥♥
    شئتم أم أبيتم

We Are Coming 4 U ( Al Quds )
    ♥♥

Oriee said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlaam View Post
    في أمن اللّه

what does that mean and is it spelt correctly??
    First the correct dectation is: في امان الله
    And it's a kind of pray (in fact there's a good amount of our speech is considered to be pray, any way).
    It means: (May you) Be in Allah's (God's) safety.
    لا يَشْكُرُ الله مَنْ لا يَشْكُرُ النَّاس
    The One Who Doesn't Thank Others, Doesn't Thank God

Oriee said:

Hay argument? 3i2bal matla72i the real ones, hay esma e5tilaf bwijhet elnazar...anyways Welcome Back!
    In fact I don't wish to resume that argument, but I was told that every language on earth has, the pure language which is considered to be the top of all, and other dialects, so it you go to learn any of these languages you'll be taught the pure one, the original.
    And this should necessery be applied on learning Arabic too.
    لا يَشْكُرُ الله مَنْ لا يَشْكُرُ النَّاس
    The One Who Doesn't Thank Others, Doesn't Thank God

VivaPalestina said:

Quote Originally Posted by Oriee View Post
    First the correct dectation is: ?? ???? ????
    And it's a kind of pray (in fact there's a good amount of our speech is considered to be pray, any way).
    It means: (May you) Be in Allah's (God's) safety.
    If I may add to your explanation oriee I was talking about this with another ATL member yesterday, because you might have seen it was translated as 'good bye' or 'take care'. The english alternative for this word is godspeed. Like oriee mentioned, its a prayer, may God be with you, but its used as a form of parting too
  17. Ahlaam said:

If I may add to your explanation oriee I was talking about this with another ATL member yesterday, because you might have seen it was translated as 'good bye' or 'take care'. The english alternative for this word is godspeed. Like oriee mentioned, its a prayer, may God be with you, but its used as a form of parting too
    I thought it meant may you be in Allahs security?

Yes, I've seen that on numerous occassions. The arabic Salam is often just translated as hello... when of course that is not the literal translation. I think a part of it to do with the fact that in English we dont have such terminology. It would sound odd to say to someone in parting may God be with you. But in Islam its natural to always give Allah mention and remember him in all our affairs.

VivaPalestina said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlaam View Post
    I thought it meant may you be in Allahs security?
    Oriee already said, fi aman allah = (may you be) in God's safety, i.e may he look after you, take care

The same term used to be used in English actually, godspeed, typically, people would use it before parting, going on a journey. Godspeed means may God be with you, i.e may He look after you, they're the same, they're just not used anymore these days

For all intents and purposes though, it means bye take care

arabikprincessangel said:

I was feeling so proud of myself for answering most of my PM's..and I come today to find 7 more Inshallah soon sweetie!
    yes ,inshallah...no hurry
    It is true that I have had heartache and tragedy in my life. These are things none of us avoids. Suffering is the price of being alive.
  20. Ahlaam said:

Oriee already said, fi aman allah = (may you be) in God's safety, i.e may he look after you, take care

The same term used to be used in English actually, godspeed, typically, people would use it before parting, going on a journey. Godspeed means may God be with you, i.e may He look after you, they're the same, they're just not used anymore these days

For all intents and purposes though, it means bye take care
    I DIdnt know about godspeed. So for all intents and purpose it means bye - are you referring to godspeed