rock ballad with "space" lyrics? sounds like the band Extreme or KISS?

Thread: rock ballad with "space" lyrics? sounds like the band Extreme or KISS?

Tags: None
  1. piboe809 said:

Default rock ballad with "space" lyrics? sounds like the band Extreme or KISS?

Heard this in the grocery store.

it kind of sounds like Extreme (or maybe KISS), not necessarily the lead singer, the backups that happen every now and then with "ooos" and "aaaahhhs" that Extreme has. But it's definitely more of a 90s sounding song.

The tempo is very similar Don Henley's "Heart of The Matter". A little bit slower. A very basic drum beat. But during the chorus it turns into just bass drums.

I've indicated anything I was unsure of in parenthesis. This is in no particular order, but just lines I recalled thinking they would pop up in google. They haven't. Also there were a lot of lines about space and stars, but I don't remember any of them specifically.

"Never thought I'd live to see my younger days a faded memory"

"An Everlasting love" ( or Everlasting something) <--------this was repeated several times, i presumed it the chorus

"I'm right where I want to be" <-------------- sang kinda faster
    Lying (or sitting) next to you

The city (or universe) is a stage
    (something something) Roles we (or to) play

Thanks in advance.

2. pianoman74 said:

For a moment, I was thinking of "Heaven" by Bryan Adams, but that's definitely 80s, not 90s...

3. piboe809 said:

No it's definitely not that Bryan Adams song....lots of lyrics about space, and stars and stuff.

Thank you for the reply though.

4. Rudifer said:

Monster Magnet?