English translation...."Nei giardini che nessuno so" .... Laura Pausini

Thread: English translation...."Nei giardini che nessuno so" .... Laura Pausini

Tags: None

DR__ADEL said:

Default English translation...."Nei giardini che nessuno so" .... Laura Pausini

Senti quella pelle ruvida. ..................................Feel that rough skin
    Un gran freddo dentro l’anima, .........................a huge coldness inside the soul
    fa fatica anche una lacrima a scendere giù.........making it tiring even for a tear to go down
    Troppe attese dietro l’angolo, ...........................many expectations infront of the corner
    gioie che non ti appartengono. ...........................joy that doesn't belong to you
    Questo tempo inconciliabile gioca contro te. ........this time - irreconcilable - plays against u
    Ecco come si finisce poi, ...................................and here is how it ends later
    inchiodati a una finestra noi, .............................we , fixed to a window
    spettatori malinconici, ......................................sad spectators
    di felicità impossibili… ......................................of impossible happiness
    Tanti viaggi rimandati e già, .............................many trips delayed and already
    valigie vuote da un’eternità ...........................… the bags are empty since ever
    Quel dolore che non sai cos’è, ...........................this pain that u don't know what it is
    solo lui non ti abbandonerà mai, oh mai! .............only it "the pain" won't abandon u , never
    E’ un rifugio quel malessere, ..............................being sick is a shelter "how come?!"
    troppa fretta in quel tuo crescere .........................u r growing quickly
    Non si fanno più miracoli, ..................................one can't make miracles anymore
    adesso non più. ........................... ......................not anymore now
    Non dar retta a quelle bambole. ...........................don't listen to these dolls
    Non toccare quelle pillole. .................................. don't touch these pills
    Quella suora ha un bel carattere, .........................this sister has a nice character
    ci sa fare con le anime .......................................she knows how to deal with our souls
    Ti darei gli occhi miei, ......................................i would give u my eyes
    per vedere cio che non vedi. ...........................for u to see what u can't see
    L’energia, l’allegria, .........................................energy, happiness
    per strapparti ancora sorrisi. .............................to extract a smile again
    Dirti si, sempre si, ..............................................u saying yes. always yes
    e riuscire a farti volare, ......................................is the ability of making u fly
    dove vuoi, dove sai, .............................................where u want ,where u know
    senza più quei pesi sul cuore. ................................without more of these weights on ur heart
    Nasconderti le nuvole, ...........................................hide the clouds
    quell’inverno che ti fa male. ...................................that winter that hurts u
    Curarti le ferite e poi, ............................................cure ur wounds and then
    qualche dente in più per mangiare. ........................these teath are to eat
    E poi vederti ridere, ..............................................and then see urself laughing
    e poi vederti correre ancora. ..................................and then see urself running again
    Dimentica, c’è chi dimentica ...................................forget, there are people who forget
    distrattamente un fiore una domenica ......................"distrattamente" a flower, a sunday
    E poi… silenzi. E poi silenzi. .....................................and then , silence.

Nei giardini che nessuno sa .......................................in the gardens that no one knows
    Si respira l’inutilità. .......................... ......................one breathes "l'inutilita"
    C’è rispetto grande pulizia, ........................................"i can't build a sentence out of these words"
    è quasi follia. ........................... ..............................is almost madness
    Non sai come è bello stringerti, ..................................u dunno how nice it is to hold u tightly
    ritrovarsi qui a difenderti, .........................................to find urself here to defend u
    e vestirti e pettinarti si. ............................................to put ur clothes on , and comb ur hair , yes
    E sussurrarti non arrenderti .....................................and whisper to u : don't give up
    nei giardini che nessuno sa, ....................................in gardens that noone knows
    quanta vita si trascina qua, ......................................how many people , life has dragged here
    solo acciacchi, piccole anemie. .................................??
    Siamo niente senza fantasie. ....................................we are nothing without fantasy
    Sorreggili, aiutali, .................................................. ..supporot them , help them
    ti prego non lasciarli cadere. .....................................i beg u don't let them fall
    Esili, fragili, ........................... ..................................thin, fragile
    non negargli un po' del tuo amore. ...........................don't deprive them alittle of ur love
    Stelle che ora tacciono, ...........................................stars that are now silent
    ma daranno un segno a quel cielo. ...........................but will give a dream to this sky
    Gli uomini non brillano ........................... ...................the men don't shine
    Se non sono stelle anche loro. ....................................if they are not also stars
    Mani che ora tremano, ..............................................hand s that now tremble
    perché il vento soffia più forte… ...................................because winds blow stronger
    non lasciarli adesso no ................................................do n't leave them now , no
    che non li sorprenda la morte. ......................................that death don't suprise them
    Siamo noi gli inabili, .................................................. ..we are the disabled
    che pure avendo a volte non diamo. .............................|??|
    Dimentica, c’è chi dimentica, .......................................forget...th ere are people who forget
    distrattamente un fiore una domenica ...........................
    e poi silenzi. E poi silenzi .............................................and then silence, then silence

Ligeia said:

Troppe attese dietro l’angolo
    Too many expactations around the corner

Ecco come si finisce poi, ............
    inchiodati a una finestra noi,
    That's how we end up later,
    glued to the window
    (meaning "spend all time staring outside the window")

E’ un rifugio quel malessere, ..........
    troppa fretta in quel tuo crescere .
    that malaise is a shelter
    you've too much haste to grow up

per strapparti ancora sorrisi. .........
    To manage to get some smiles out of you once again
    e riuscire a farti volare, ....................
    and be able to make you fly
    qualche dente in più per mangiare. ..........
    some teeth more to eat

E poi vederti ridere, .......................
    e poi vederti correre ancora. ..............
    And then see you laughing
    see you running again

distrattamente un fiore una domenica ......
    Casually/absently/inattentively a flower, a sunday
    Si respira l’inutilità. ..................
    C’è rispetto grande pulizia, ............
    you breathe an air of futility
    there's respect, great cleanness

quanta vita si trascina qua, .......
    solo acciacchi, piccole anemie.
    So much life drags (itself) here
    only ailments, minor anaemias

ma daranno un segno a quel cielo. ...
    but will give a sign to that sky

che pure avendo a volte non diamo. ...
    that sometimes don't give even though we have (richness, love or something like that)
    "-Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity..."
    "-Actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"

DR__ADEL said:

if only those who write the lyrics , bother themselves to write the "coma" "," ...
    thanks alot ligeia....it's a beautiful song with nice meanings...thanks

Ligeia said:

You're welcome! Yeah, sometimes it's hard to get the meaning of some phrases without any kind of punctuation...
    "-Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity..."
    "-Actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"