HELP, looking since years!

Thread: HELP, looking since years!

Tags: 80's, 90's, new wave, pop, synth pop

Frankie Jasmine said:

Default Germany!!

Quote Originally Posted by b333 View Post
    Thanks for all the links
    I am from germany, I heard the song in the radio, so I guess it's a european band for sure. Alphaville is from germany and the song comes really close, I'm still thinking it's not the song what I'm looking for, I already checked all the covers of the song. The song what I'm looking for is a slow song. A-ha is a great band, I grow up with their music, I got all the CD's Thanks
    I loved living in Germany! We were in Bavaria, a small village near Aschaffenburg. Do you know it? Are you from that area (if you wish to reveal). Nice to hear from Germany again. Have quite a few friends there from various areas. . . . Yes, a-ha was so popular in Europe and internationally, but it never seemed to reach us on the radio in the USA. (Unless I was in a cocoon at the time!!) But Morten Harken and a-ha are great. . . . You are getting a good response to your query; surely soon you will get a lead to that crazy-making "I KNOW I heard that song--it's not in my imagination--is it!??" thinking!! I assure you, you are not crazy! We all feel that way when we're searching and searching . . .

2. b333 said:

When I first looked for the song a couple of years ago, I tried it first with Bronski Beat because the style of the song remind me at small town boy then I tried it with Erasure, but nothing. No I can't remember any lyrics No it's not Minor Detail.
    I'm totally confused the melody sounds like almost every 80's song

@Frankie Jasmine I'm from Stuttgart, I was several times in Aschaffenburg
    Looking for that song drives me nuts. I gave up so many times but now I wanna find it Like I said, I'm just guessing it's 80's song, maybe I'm completely wrong

3. TomB17 said:

It somewhat sounds like "Getting Away With It" by Electronic. They were a band featuring the lead singers of New Order and the Pet Shop Boys.
    http://youtu.be/bSP1EPfXxsQ

4. b333 said:

unfortunately it's not that song. But thanks for the link

5. ccgt said:

Reminds me of True Faith by New Order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og1HAkjOuL0

6. Th3Diplomat said:

are you sure its 80's and not linkin park - what have i done

7. b333 said:

Thanks for the links, but it's none of those songs. I guess the song is from the 80's or 90's heard that song the last time in 2000 in the radio but I already knew it at that time. It doesn't have any guitars in it and it's a slow song.

Paul Orhan said:

Fiction Factory "Feels Like Heaven"?
    the melody you played is not like FF's song but maybe it's the same group?
    Can you say if the voice (especially in the chorus) rings the bell?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBgoT5eqDcE

Paul Orhan said:

Quote Originally Posted by b333 View Post
    I'm looking since years for a song. Guess it's from the 80's or 90's. I heard it 2 times on the radio, don't know the lyrics or a name. I only got a bit of the melody, I tried to play it on the e-piano

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt7i3YWgxxg

I think it could be a new wave or synth pop song.
    Does anyone reconize the melody???
    Thanks!
    I defo recognize this melody but would bet that the singer had a rather low-pitched voice.
    Is the melody you played a part of the verse or the chorus?

10. liannalondon said:

it could be by the Communards or Bronski Beat, the singer of both bands, jimmy sommerville had a very high voice. If you listen to 'smalltown boy' by Bronski Beat you might recognise the voice.

11. b333 said:

@ Paul Orhan, I have the voice in a high pinch voice in my head but I could be wrong. The melody is how the verse. The chorus is different.
    @liannalondon, I listened already to all songs of jimmy sommerville, Bronskie Beat and the other projects he was involved, because he's voice would fit the best. But I couldn't find anything.

MysteryUp said:

I swear this Precious by Depeche Mode but you said you heard it on 2000 and before I'm not sure either
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auDmlbaH590

Tahira said:

Oh, MysteryUp, I have heard this song 1 Week ago in a TV series as background music, I knew it was Depeche Mode but I didnīt remember the title, and I thought of B333's question and said to myself "this is the song he is looking for".
    You must be right!

I hope b333 is back soon to htis thread as I am very curious, now.

MysteryUp said:

He said he listened it many years before so I doubt it is this one which was released in 2005. I hope I'm wrong because he is not sure either. I'm sure he'll find it. Months before and Mixalopoulos knows I was searching a creepy underground track from Martina Topley Bird. He suggested me Portishead. From there I search ALL discographies from Portishead, Tricky, Morcheeba et cetera. b333 is given too much info in contrast with me back then. He searches for a very known song so I have high hopes we will find it. Well if he try too One solution is googling 'artists similar to Depeche Mode'. Because DM are the kings of that genre

15. b333 said:

Unfortunately it's not Depeche Mode, I was listening to all the songs from them on amazon, couldn't find anything. Someone in a different Thread ( one from germany) said he knows the song, but not the name of it. He gave me some lyrics, what sound familiar with the song to me. And he said it's a song from the 90's. The lyrics are : You're all that I wanted, all that I needed...

That was all what he could give me. Any Ideas?

16. b333 said:

I know that Depeche Mode "enjoy the silence" has the same lyrics but that's not the song

MysteryUp said:

Well I suggest you visit midomi.com and play that tune there. There is nothing else I can do. Probably by 87% chances that you get the result I've done it with my voice and with a song no one knows and it found it

Are you sure you've listened to DM discography? I mean...They got a hell of a number of albums

18. b333 said:

I listened to all DM CD's what I could found at amazon. Not a bad Idea to sing it, so people have a better imagination of the song, but don't have any lyrics and I don't wanna scare anyone with my voice

Paul Orhan said:

I have to admit this riddle is getting more and more exciting...
    I wish I could have a better memory of the 80s or early 90s to be able to help you!
    I have a feeling we're circling quite closely around the group/vocalist that sang this song but still we cannot find the match!

MysteryUp said:

No dear b333 you won't scare anyone and I wouldn't care either if someone likes my voice or not as long as I want to find something I want. Midomi is a free service that allows you to sing the song (or hum it if you don't have lyrics) and then shows you results of the songs that are likely to be the one you search for. If you play the track on your instrument than you have a better chance of finding it. And I told you that I found a very rare song that no one would be able to know without being a bit hardcore on music. YOU search for a very known song I think. A song that you searched for many bands but must contunue trying to search. These related artists on google is a big help. Probably you must not searched the entire catalogue of Depeche Mode but a good solution is to Google artists similar to Depeche Mode and then click the lastfm result. I found many songs I searched there because of the amount of bands and artists they have stored onto their database. If not Depeche Mode then the reuslts there may help you find bands to search their discography. A difficult job? Yeah but the result is that you find something you want.