Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Solved: Remember Me (Gospel Song)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Solved: Remember Me (Gospel Song)

    I need the lyrics to a gosple song called Remember Me. It was in the 70's and 80's. the chores was Remember Me when you come into your kingdom, Remember Me cried the thief, ------------- please help.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Question Lord, Remember Me?

    Think this might be it? Not sure how many versions there are, though.

    There were three men, condemed to die at Calvary. My precious Savior hanging there between two thieves. While one contempt, and mocked my Lord, One Believed ! He had compassion with my Lord, And said, "Remember Me"

    Chorus:
    Remember me, When you come into your Kingdom; These words still ring, that all the world can hear: It was the words, the thief cried out on Calvary. Because of faith, My Lord forgave, and washed away all fear; This day your soul shall be with me, in Paradise. He still forgives if you believe, and humbly pray: My Lord Remember me.

    Death was near, So very near, That day on Calvary; The thief, Had not a chance before, to know my precious Lord: He placed his trust , in one condemned, And heard His final plea; "Forgive,! They know not, what they do" And Then he said, "Remember Me."
    Repeat Chorus:

    This world is just a stepping stone, We're only passing through; As a vapor here, We soon will disappear: He's saying now, "Be Ready" There is work for you to do: The time is NOW, The Harvest White, Take up The cross, And say "Remember Me."

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Remember:
    I will still be here
    As long as you hold me
    In your memory

    Remember:
    When your dreams have ended
    Time can be transcended
    Just remember me

    I am the one star
    That keeps burning so brightly
    It is the last light
    To fade into the rising sun
    I'm with you whenever
    You tell my story
    For I am all I've done

    Remember:
    I will still be here
    As long as you hold me
    In your memory
    Remember me…

    I am that one voice
    In the cold wind that whispers
    And if you listen
    You'll hear me call across the sky
    As long as I still can
    Reach out and touch you
    Then I will never die

    Remember:
    I'll never leave you
    If you will only
    Remember me…

    (Remember me…)

    Remember:
    I will still be here
    As long as you hold me
    In your memory

    Remember:
    When your dreams have ended
    Time can be transcended
    I live forever
    Remember me
    Remember me
    Remember…
    Me…


    Josh Groban-remember me

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default I know it's an old thread....

    But does anyone have more information on the song quoted here?


    Quote Originally Posted by MusicaVA View Post
    Think this might be it? Not sure how many versions there are, though.

    There were three men, condemed to die at Calvary. My precious Savior hanging there between two thieves. While one contempt, and mocked my Lord, One Believed ! He had compassion with my Lord, And said, "Remember Me"

    Chorus:
    Remember me, When you come into your Kingdom; These words still ring, that all the world can hear: It was the words, the thief cried out on Calvary. Because of faith, My Lord forgave, and washed away all fear; This day your soul shall be with me, in Paradise. He still forgives if you believe, and humbly pray: My Lord Remember me.

    Death was near, So very near, That day on Calvary; The thief, Had not a chance before, to know my precious Lord: He placed his trust , in one condemned, And heard His final plea; "Forgive,! They know not, what they do" And Then he said, "Remember Me."
    Repeat Chorus:

    This world is just a stepping stone, We're only passing through; As a vapor here, We soon will disappear: He's saying now, "Be Ready" There is work for you to do: The time is NOW, The Harvest White, Take up The cross, And say "Remember Me."

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Joyce View Post
    I need the lyrics to a gosple song called Remember Me. It was in the 70's and 80's. the chores was Remember Me when you come into your kingdom, Remember Me cried the thief, ------------- please help.
    I remember that song and loved it too!! I'm looking for it too. It goes:

    'There were two men
    dying
    on crosses next to the Master
    One said 'Hey, if you are the Christ,
    save us all from this disaster'
    then the other cried out 'Hey fella,
    I can see
    that ya didn't do nothin' wrong like my buddy and me...

    Remember me
    When you come into your kingdom
    Remember me, Master.
    Remember me
    When you come into your kingdom
    Remember me, Master.

    [I don't remember the second verse....but I think the above is correct.
    If anyone knows the whole song/who sang it/ please tell us!!!

  6. #6
    Senior Member MysteryUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts

    Isn't that from the Bible? Maybe it is not one artist that ever sang this gospel chant but I found this very good version from my research

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzTo-8pusSQ

    Taize - Jesus Remember Me

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MysteryUp View Post
    Isn't that from the Bible? Maybe it is not one artist that ever sang this gospel chant but I found this very good version from my research

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzTo-8pusSQ

    Taize - Jesus Remember Me
    No, that's not it. The song I'm thinking of was fast with drums. It's driving me crazy!lol

  8. #8
    Senior Member MysteryUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts

    Hmm maybe it is a version from an underrated heavy metal band

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    The song is called "Remember Me" and was written and sung by the Cruz family in late 1970s and/or early 1980s.

    The place was Calvary in a town long ago
    The reason that He came His love to show
    On a cross between two thieves my savior died
    While one man mocked Him the other man cried

    Remember me when you come into your kingdom
    Remember me cried the thief
    Your love bestowed when faith he showed
    As he cried Lord remember me.

    There's another verse but I don't remember how it starts. The song was written by one of the Cruz sisters, Cindy or Janey or ????

    Is this the song?

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I was wrong about the spelling of the name, it's the Cruse family and Cindy, Becky and Nancy Cruse are the authors.

    Remember Me


    Chorus 1
    Remember me
    When You come into Your kingdom
    Remember me cried the thief
    Your love bestowed when faith He showed
    As he cried Lord remember me


    Verse 1
    The place was Calvary in a town long ago
    The reason that He came His love to show
    On a cross between two thieves my Savior died
    While one man mocked Him the other man cried


    Verse 2
    As the people watched that day on that lonely hill
    The pow'r of God displayed it was so real
    As they saw a dying man from sin set free
    He saw God's Son and he cried remember me



    CCLI Song No. 845611
    © 1978 Word Music, LLC (a div. of Word Music Group, Inc.)
    Becky Cruse | Cindy Cruse | Nancy Cruse
    For use solely with the SongSelect Terms of Use. All rights Reserved. www.ccli.com
    CCLI License No. 1302639

    I cannot find the music or chords yet. I once had a book that had this song in it with a piano accompaniment. I think this is the song you're talking about. The Cruse family was a traveling Christian rock group in the 1970s and 1980s. They had a family band with keyboards, guitars, drums and singers. I heard this song at church camp in Idyllwild near Palm Springs in the summer of 1978. I used to sing it at church but had forgotten about it until church today when I read the scripture about the thief crying out for Jesus to "remember me".

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thumbs up Remember Me

    Thank you so much, I had almost given up hope of ever seeing this song again, now my hart is singing,

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone remember this 80's gospel song
    By oprlvr in forum Christian Community
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-18-2011, 07:30 PM
  2. Remember me - gospel song ???
    By quikkate in forum Identify it
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-08-2011, 11:29 PM
  3. [Solved]Can't remember a song
    By AzerothS in forum Identify it
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 08:39 PM
  4. Solved: Need help finding R&B Gospel song
    By flemsgrl in forum Identify it
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 05:26 AM
  5. {solved}Another song i cant remember
    By Shadowmaster50 in forum Identify it
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-21-2009, 09:58 AM

Posting Permissions