Nightmare Princess

Thread: Nightmare Princess

Tags: None

2dark4light said:

Default Nightmare Princess

This song was written with the intention of having Evanescence produce it, so just keep that in mind when you read it:

NIGHTMARE PRINCESS

These tears I shed, so angry I’m weeping
    This hurt is bled from my cold heart bleeding
    My world is black and white dread
    Running rivers of warm warm red
    Destined to rest with life bereft
    I may only rest in peace when I rest in death

I learn to survive by hatred of love
    Because those I hold close
    Are ripped away by his cold hands
    Now I love no one so I lose no one

Born cold
    Haunted by his ashes of old
    Limited life
    With a curse that kills inside
    Bitterly a bitter me
    Bitter end will set me free

Damned of bloodline damned in life
    Wickedly sentenced malignance no penance
    It’s too dark to see, I need light
    Nightmare Princess

A hateful soul of so long ago
    Imprisons me in his twisted dreams so
    Trying forever to make me die forever
    Forfeit my blood’s future to save my blood’s past
    From his forever, forever

Can’t wake from a nightmare when I’m not sleeping
    He hunts for my soul until the night he keeps me
    I bear a life of shameful pain
    May this nightmare princess never love again

Damned of bloodline damned in life
    Wickedly sentenced malignance no penance
    It’s too dark to see, I need light
    Nightmare Princess

Have no one to lose
    So I’ve nothing to lose
    I’ll do what I choose
    My death can be used
    To end your reign of pain

When I turn on him in turn
    When I rip from me my curse
    My hatred inside wakes
    And it all ends for violence’s sake

You – solumn as my hated undead yet alive like me
    Alive with me
    Who shows me, blinded by fate, the hope to finally see
    You – coming on like a curse
    into my heart it hurts
    how could you be the one, my lost prayers to come
    the victim of my love?

Set your anger upon them in bloody handed poetry
    The end unto them opens forsaken doors in you and me

This place of hatred which surrounds me
    My unkilling death unbounds me
    He ruined my life so I took his own
    Now he’s cursed away
    And I’ve fallen in your arms alone

For you a thirst that drains me
    From deeper than my nightmare curse
    One more secret I hold away remiss
    I impart in the quiet cry of my kiss

And now you know my secret
    No longer will I keep it
    I know you have one too you hide
    So tell me too or stay dead inside

Damn my bloodline I’m cursed back to life
    Where now my innocence, in the dark I see your light
    But am I too dark for your light? Kill my dark with your light

Nightmare Princess

Singer - female: represents Katrin
    You (2nd person male referral): the knight of darkened light, her knight
    Him/He (3rd person male referral): Dertahf Otreah, her curse/enemy
    Last edited by 2dark4light; 05-02-2011 at 03:00 PM.

Nanashi said:

Who are the characters that you mention at the end?

Other than that question, I love the desperate sadness evident in all the lines. There is indeed a great deal of story behind it. A bit of structuring and punctuation in places will give it the effect of pauses and style in presentation. Look forward to more from you~

-Nanashi-

2dark4light said:

KATRIN TAKE

Katrin is the twin sister of the dead Sudoa. A girl secretly of royal bloodline, she is living the shamefully secluded life of a pheasant with a wicked bloodline curse. Katrin also coincidentally was born a Deathmute, which is a condition in which a dormant power develops in a child, and usually at the beginning of teenage (13-ish) the power becomes active, and with the sudden release of so much power it kills the Deathmute child. Katrin as a Deathmute almost died, but being in the embrace of her twin sister at that critical moment when her powers became active, all the destructive power transferred into her sister Sudoa and killed her instead. Katrin miraculously lived. Her mother, the only one in their village who could tell the identical twins apart (as any mother always could), and not wanting to concern the villagers who witnessed this occurrence and knew that "Katrin" of the two was at that moment a Deathmute, raised Katrin under the name of her dead sister Sudoa, indicating that the twin sister that lay dead was "really Katrin". Katrin, as "Sudoa", wears an amulet that suppresses all magic ability of it's wearer. This was a family heirloom, this amulet, which was inherited a couple generations back as it was thought to be an item usable against the bloodline curse itself, which it was not...but it was effective in surpressing Katrin's uncontrollable Deathmute originated powers.

The bloodline curse was cast upon Katrin's ancestors of 5 generations ago by a cruel warlock named Dertahf Otraeh as unjust vengeance against an imagined wrong against him by that royal family. The bloodline curse - known as the Curse of Lost Love - causes the mother's lover to die one month after she falls in love with him, and come back on the 18th year (birthday...) of the daughter, as evil undead, to take the mother's life. The daughter is then left alone in the world, to eventually fall in love, carry a daughter, and be slain by her undead lover in return. It is a gruesome curse. Dertahf Otraeh apparently is alive somewhere (in a tiny, parallel realm he hatefully created) keeping this curse active and living off of the grief it causes.

Again, to reiterate, this family lives grievously and shamefully in hiding as pheasants, hiding their fate from the kingdom abroad.

Katrin, or "Sudoa", as she is known, despite the seemingly unthwartable doom, still has hope. She just turned 18, and her mother is going to die. She heard of Drewth, the mysterious knight, who had overcome a powerful Dark wizard tyrant on his own, this Dark wizard tyrant that had slain Drewth's wife in a mad effort to control Drewth as a pawn of war. Drewth suffers the internal agony of this loss, compounded with his power's elemental change between Light and Dark - Darkened Light. This elemental effect was due to the indescribable emotional impact, and the Dark wizard's Dark influence on Drewth's Light element.

The story begins here, with "Sudoa", the pheasant girl of Llihtnelis village, seeking and finding Drewth, for aid.

More on Drewth - see my other thread on "Armor of Chains - The Knight of Darkened Light".

Andrew
    Last edited by 2dark4light; 04-29-2011 at 10:26 AM. Reason: add data

Nanashi said:

Oh my! I love the fact that you have a story to go along with your songs. It makes it all the more amazing and meaningful~

-Nanashi-

I have an identical twin! Do you really think there is a "special" link between such siblings?

-Joshua-

2dark4light said:

although I am an author of an action fantasy adventure series, I'm pretty down to earth in reality, so I wouldn't go so far as to say that there is any mystical or magical special link like I might have implied giving the synopsis of the third installment as above.

However, I usually observe an extra close connection between identical twins, like a family within a family, so to speak. And I think it's pretty cool. I've known several "pairs" (pardon me, lolz) of identical twins and they always seem very close and stay that way.

Nanashi said:

I was surprised when I learned you were an author. Do you do the cover art yourself? I am very glad you became a member here to share both talents~

There is a bit of unique connection with twins, however, Joshua and his brother do not behave close lol! A bit of sparring for individuality yet not always literally.

-Nanashi-

2dark4light said:

yes, all the art, mine all mine

the front cover, Drewth, is a larger 1.5 foot x 2.0 foot charcoal drawing, which I did only slight computer editing on to make the cover (black & white contrast, making a black background that he fades into, and making his eyes slightly blueish)

I'll have to put up my other illustrations somewhere for everyone...

Andrew

2dark4light said:

CLICK TO ENLARGE

[IMG][/IMG]

Katie13 said:

Oh my gosh, love the song - this line's great : "Can’t wake from a nightmare when I’m not sleeping"

Where can I read that book?! It sounds awesome!
    I'm a book nut I try my hand at writing but at the mo... :/ But that sounds AMAZING! Right up my street!! Fantasy adventure is exactly my genre
    "If you were me, then I'd be you, and if I were you, I'd hide somewhere faraway..."

2dark4light said:

Katie,

I'm sorry to break it to you but this book is #3 of a series, it isn't written yet - only #1 is done, The Knight of Darkened Light. #2 is in progress.

You can go grab the first installment if you want :-)

I can answer any questions meanwhile...

Her sword is the Black Rose sword, which belonged to Primara Fatalia - the descendant who originally received the curse from Dertahf Otraeh. Dertahf Otraeh is Heart of Hatred spelled backwards...

etc., etc...

oh, and there is a song for Drewth, it is ARMOR OF CHAINS: THE KNIGHT OF DARKENED LIGHT. It's on another thread, check it out for more of a Drewth feel...it's similar, and in fact i tye them (Katrin and Drewth) together with specific reference to Dark and Light in both songs.

Andrew
    Last edited by 2dark4light; 05-05-2011 at 06:07 PM.

Katie13 said:

Ooh, clever!! Dark Rose sword has such an awesome ring to it... ah, fantasy books *happy sigh*
    Hey, if it's in a series, I can only presume the 1st one's as good as this one sounds!!! I'd happily read it Where can I get that one?
    "If you were me, then I'd be you, and if I were you, I'd hide somewhere faraway..."

2dark4light said:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/19244

there you go!

also on the same page, if you want it hard copy with some illustrations (mainly of characters), there is a link to buy it hard copy. I couldn't include illustrations in the electronic one, there, but I'm going to be uploading the illustrations into a website anyway. I'll let you know when it's up...

Andrew

please enjoy!

Best,

Andrew

2dark4light said:

...there's so much I put together on this, I really need to spill it out, but in a somewhat organized and writable way...

Andrew