Help ID Two 80's Pop Songs

Thread: Help ID Two 80's Pop Songs

Tags: None
  1. Luis Domenech said:

Default Help ID Two 80's Pop Songs

These should be easy. The title of the first one should be "Call Me" since it is repeated many times - it's by a female artist. A search turned up a million songs titled "Call Me", none by anyone I'm familiar with and most were other genres (not pop). One line in the song: Call Me, Call Me, Baby baby call me now...I'll be there...

The other song: 'Someone just like me, running into someone just like you... It sounds like Jermaine Jackson. It's a late-80's pop/R&b hybrid

Mixalopoulos said:

Last edited by Mixalopoulos; 05-10-2011 at 07:27 AM.
    Ρεμπέτικο για πάντα. Μάγκες είμαστε.

3. Luis Domenech said:

Thanks Mixalopoulos - the second one (Someone) is the one I'm looking for. The first one, "Call Me" is not the one I'm looking for, however. Like I said earlier there are a million songs with "Call Me" in the title. I'll keep searching - thanks again.
    Last edited by Luis Domenech; 05-16-2011 at 07:19 AM.

4. pianoman74 said:

first one:
    I figure that you mean "Call Me" by SPAGNA, also from 1986. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlQ8t71r1K4

5. pianoman74 said:

Small update: Luis confirmed that it's indeed the Spagna song he was looking for (had to PM since he overlooked his own thread), so you can stop racking your brains everyone.

* 2 out of 2 SOLVED *

6. Luis Domenech said:

Thanks Pianoman. I should've posted that I found the song and that you helped. My internet etiquette skills needs to be sharpened :-).

7. pianoman74 said:

etiquette? no, this is perfectly fine.
    Possibly some re-vamping of your eyesight might do some good from time to time, but sit comfortably: no need to tamper with your etiquette

P.S. I'm no attention ***** (rhymes on "roar"), so I won't ever "demand" anyone to mention me if he forgot. Life will go on for me even if he forgets about it (shocks!)
    Last edited by pianoman74; 05-18-2011 at 01:03 PM.