Spanish slang clarifications

Thread: Spanish slang clarifications

Tags: None
  1. dutch-chicano said:

Tu padre y tu madre contigo botaron la bola

what is that?? its from no me dejes solo de wisin y yandel
    i know it means something like your father and mother throw the ball with you but i dont know what they mean can someone tell me?

arux said:

Quote Originally Posted by dutch-chicano View Post
    Tu padre y tu madre contigo botaron la bola

what is that?? its from no me dejes solo de wisin y yandel
    i know it means something like your father and mother throw the ball with you but i dont know what they mean can someone tell me?
    "Botar la bola" is a phrase latinos use to say "Homerun" (get it out of the park)
    It means that the mother and father of the girl "hit a homerun" when they had the girl because she came out so FINE. It simply means that they did a great job

3. $perrz said:

Quote Originally Posted by arux View Post
    Yeah, the girl says "Banshee robao", which means stolen Banshee. A Banshee is an ATV (All-terrain vehicle). Watch the video here and you will see the guys stealing two of them at the beginning.

http://www.holatv.ca/video/music/master_banshee.html

As to why she says dame duro como Banshee robao I think it's because if you steal a Banshee and they are chasing you as in the video you will go fast as hell, full power etc... A.K.A : "Le vas a meter duro"...
    ooo i get it now lol haha makes sense

4. Zo Hasco said:

I got some words I want to figure out. Words I think that I think are Puerto Rican slang:

Pasota = (heard it from Tito El Bambino "Siente El Boom"
    Acanyao? (sp?) = (I live with Puerto Ricans, and this word was said by on of my roommates and everybody exclaimed "hey")
    Feca? = (I hear this word a lot, particularly like this: "tu eres feca" I have a feeling it is a Puerto Rican wordplay on the word "fake" or something.
    Poncea = (heard this from a perreo song "Dale Poncea" by Zk & Crac Mc)

I am half Haitian (mother's side) and Dominican (father is from Dominican republic he is also part Puerto Rican). Though my Spanish is limited I love listening to reggaeton. With the Puerto Rican slang used in reggaeton it's hard to tell what the artists are talking about.
    Last edited by Zo Hasco; 01-21-2008 at 12:32 AM.

5. ariannajmx said:

Pasota = (heard it from Tito El Bambino "Siente El Boom")

Read the lyrics but didn't see that word in the song.

Acanyao? (sp?) = (I live with Puerto Ricans, and this word was said by on of my roommates and everybody exclaimed "hey") Never heard of it. It could have been he said something else and you misunderstood

Feca= liar

Poncea = it's refers to orgy/orgasmic dancing. Can't think of a better way of explaining it.

6. Zo Hasco said:

Thanks Arianna. I was a little right about Feca, a liar is a fake.
    Poncea orgasmic dancing? I thought perreo dance was already like that? lol

arux said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zo Hasco View Post
    Have you guys noticed that every word we translate is either bad or nasty as hell. We rule!

8. Zo Hasco said:

Quote Originally Posted by arux View Post
    Have you guys noticed that every word we translate is either bad or nasty as hell. We rule!
    When it comes to slang most words are bound to be nasty or bad. And yes, you guys own with the translating.

9. Question said:

Default Santo Eleno

What does that mean?

10. bigbreco21 said:

Acanyao? (sp?) = (I live with Puerto Ricans, and this word was said by on of my roommates and everybody exclaimed "hey")

I HAVE HEARD IN REGGAETON CONCERTS THE THEY SHOUT THE CITYS NAME WHERE THEY ARE PERFORMING FOLLOWED BY EL CALLAO LETS SAY IF THEY ARE IN PUERTO RICO THEY WOULD SAY "PUERTO RICO EL CALLAO" WHICH ITS A PHRASE TO HYPE UP THE PEOPLE ,LIKE TELLING THEM THEY ARE BEING QUIET. THIS MIGHT HELP YOU OUT A LITTLE BIT

11. ariannajmx said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zo Hasco View Post
    He he, I know right?

Okay, from what I hear, poncea is like you go to a party and try to dance with as many people as possible with the opposite sex.

Perreo could be w/just one person or even by yourself. Think about it. Have you seen YouTube lately?

ha ha

lollipop said:

Due huge popularity, and turning out to be a little useful "dictionary" of it's own kind:
    Thread stickied

el-poyp-loco said:

what does this mean..

este foro esta bueno para traducir canciones.
    el foro siguiente esta bueno si quieres aprender espanol.
    yo he aprendido tanto en solo dos anos con ese foro y unos libros
    lo recomiendo a alguien que quiere aprenderlo
    el-poyo-loco.. get at me..

marifen said:

it means:

this forum is nice for translating songs.
    the following forum is good if you want to learn spanish.
    i have learned so much in only two years with that forum and some books
    i recommend it to someone who wants to learn it.

15. Konnie-chiwa said:

Arux I am so surprised to the quantity of slangs you know..jajaj you must like reggeton a lot.

by the way

Vacilar - means to hook up, to kiss

me voy de Vacilon - means I am going to have fun, but it involves someone from the other sex that you are planning to hook up

16. Zo Hasco said:

Quote Originally Posted by bigbreco21 View Post

I HAVE HEARD IN REGGAETON CONCERTS THE THEY SHOUT THE CITYS NAME WHERE THEY ARE PERFORMING FOLLOWED BY EL CALLAO LETS SAY IF THEY ARE IN PUERTO RICO THEY WOULD SAY "PUERTO RICO EL CALLAO" WHICH ITS A PHRASE TO HYPE UP THE PEOPLE ,LIKE TELLING THEM THEY ARE BEING QUIET. THIS MIGHT HELP YOU OUT A LITTLE BIT
    You know what. I think it sounded a bit like "El Callao", and at the time they were listening to music. I must have heard wrong for real. Thanks breco.

arux said:

Quote Originally Posted by Konnie-chiwa View Post
    Arux I am so surprised to the quantity of slangs you know..jajaj you must like reggeton a lot.
    Thanks. I like reggaeton because it gets me incredibly close to a woman's.... soul. I am that spiritual lol

18. $perrz said:

has ne1 heard LG's new song "meri meri" im not sure what meri meri is? are they saying "my my" cuz thats what it means in hindi/punjabi

19. $perrz said:

What is Marapinga?

20. Zo Hasco said:

Quote Originally Posted by $perrz View Post
    What is Marapinga?
    Marapinga? You mean Cara pinga or mama pinga? If you mean cara pinga then the translation for that is "**** face". Cara = "Face" and Pinga = "Penis/****". Mama pinga would mean "suck ****". I've only heard my Costa rican friend say it that way. I usually hear like "chupa mi pinga".

I've got other words I would like to see translated. Such as:

Masacote
    Perro Sato (I know perro is a dog but don't know what "sato" means or what it means with Perro)