Spanish slang clarifications

Thread: Spanish slang clarifications

Tags: None
  1. iminadaze said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zo Hasco View Post

I've got other words I would like to see translated. Such as:

Masacote
    Perro Sato (I know perro is a dog but don't know what "sato" means or what it means with Perro)
    I might know this

masacote = large penis (slang)

perro sato = a type of street dog in P.R.

"perro sato" probably does not refer to a dog from where you read it
    but when yandel says " donde esta mi gata?" he certainly isn't asking where his cat is.

arux said:

Yeah, "perro sato" is probably used to mean "a nobody"

3. Zo Hasco said:

perro sato was used in a tiraera at Yomo and (Gold Star Music) by Don Omar and Arcangel, that's where I first heard it. Don Omar says "Eres El Perro Sato De La Compania Gold Star". I'm gonna go with Arux's translation, "a nobody". Don Omar could have been saying "He is the nobody of the Gold Star company." Thanks Arux and Iminidaze.

4. Zo Hasco said:

I've got new words to see translated:

Carajo
    Madita Sea?
    Fuetazo

5. iminadaze said:

carajo = hell

maldita sea! = damn you!

fuetazo = whip (noun)

6. conESAflow said:

oye mi gente, mi nombre es amanda. soy cuban/italian/white/cherokee indian. yo no hablo mucho espaņol pero, quiero aprender. i always hear ALOT of cuban slang, and i don't understand most of it. anybody care to help me on the basics? i'd really appreciate it!

arux said:

I am Cuban. Que bola :P

8. conESAflow said:

Quote Originally Posted by arux View Post
    I am Cuban. Que bola :P
    aqui, aburrida =| que bola acere? see, that's some slang i do understand lol. i'm pushing myself to learn because i want to be fluent in spanish. i do undertsnad alot, but when it comes to speaking it, i have ALOT of trouble. knowing the slang would help ALOT.

arux said:

Quote Originally Posted by conESAflow View Post
    aqui, aburrida =| que bola acere? see, that's some slang i do understand lol. i'm pushing myself to learn because i want to be fluent in spanish. i do undertsnad alot, but when it comes to speaking it, i have ALOT of trouble. knowing the slang would help ALOT.
    I know much more Cuban slang than any other country's so feel free to invite me to a cuban/italian/white/cherokee indian restaurant.
    Last edited by arux; 02-11-2008 at 04:57 PM.

10. conESAflow said:

I know much more Cuban slang than any other country's so feel free to invite me to a cuban/italian/white/cherokee indian restaurant.
    i'd be more than happy too =D your in miami, i'm in tampa, it's a bit of a drive but if i find a resturant like that i'll let you know. any slang you know that is basic for me?

11. ariannajmx said:

Default Perro sato

Yeah, "perro sato" is probably used to mean "a nobody"

Hmm...I think it means "mujerriego", "womanizer." I've heard that term used in Puerto Rico to mean that; a flirt. Like a stray dog that doesn't have a home, he goes where he can get food and get petted, but doesn't want a commitment.

arux said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zo Hasco View Post
    perro sato was used in a tiraera at Yomo and (Gold Star Music) by Don Omar and Arcangel, that's where I first heard it. Don Omar says "Eres El Perro Sato De La Compania Gold Star".
    Yeah, it all depends on what particular quality of a perro sato you want to bring up lol. In this particular context they want to say that the guy has no class, nobody wants him etc... If his wife called him that, it would probably mean what you said :P

patrona said:

i just want you guys to know that this has helped me a FREAKN lot and i TOTALLY appreciate this.....thankssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3
    ::.pAtr0nA.:: iTs a Kn0wN fAcT imA DiE bEf0rE i fAiL

14. Latina21 said:

Wink

Cabron - ****er
    hijoeputa- son of a beeetch
    wuey- fool
    ke onda -what up
    ke ba - say what?

arux said:

Quote Originally Posted by Latina21 View Post
    Cabron - ****er
    hijoeputa- son of a beeetch
    wuey- fool
    ke onda -what up
    ke ba - say what?
    Elvira is indahouse... :P

16. pmm3497 said:

haha did someone just introduce mexican slang for the first time? By the way Arux thanks for all the jerga caribenya, its helped out a lot. I learned spanish from mexicans and the first time I hung out with boricuas the slang blew my mind. Its been a big help to get the finer points of some of these songs.

And for mexican slang its
    Guey - which literally means j a c k a s s but they use it like english "dude"

rydizzle said:

que bola mi gente. not sure if anyone has posted this, but just in case you want a quick reference, check out the Reggaeton Slang Dictionary on reggaetonline.net: http://www.reggaetonline.net/reggaeton-dictionary.php
    "la gata sin motiva baila reggaeton pa'l piso"

18. dmoney101 said:

In a song, the guy says "Saco primero soy mas weno que un marinero"
    What does saco and weno mean? I think weno is supposed to be wet, but i'm not sure, and i've heard sacolo, but idk if saco is related to that or not

xiurell said:

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney101 View Post
    In a song, the guy says "Saco primero soy mas weno que un marinero"
    What does saco and weno mean? I think weno is supposed to be wet, but i'm not sure, and i've heard sacolo, but idk if saco is related to that or not
    sacar primero means to move (draw) first in a game
    weno the correct form is bueno=good

Saludos

istanbulgal said:

Default Spanish slang clarifications

I would interpret as follows in this particular context where he is comparing himself with someone else:

"saco primero": I'm #1.

"soy mas weno": I am better.

"weno" means good, however, the phrase is in the superlative, ie: "mas weno" therefore, it means better, NOT good...."weno" alone would mean good.."mas" means more.