Spanish slang clarifications

Thread: Spanish slang clarifications

Tags: None
  1. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by xiurell View Post
    sacar primero means to move (draw) first in a game
    weno the correct form is bueno=good

Saludos
    it's definitely not supposed to be bueno, it sounds more like güero when he says it, but that doesn't make any sense. i'm whiter than a sailor lol

2. dmoney101 said:

also, what is matinero?

3. joe1907 said:

Wink thanks

hey guys, thanks for that very useful topic. I will use them to my spanish collegues

Joe

xiurell said:

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney101 View Post
    it's definitely not supposed to be bueno, it sounds more like güero when he says it, but that doesn't make any sense. i'm whiter than a sailor lol
    Where you heard it? If I could hear it I will be able to tell you something

5. dmoney101 said:

Where you heard it? If I could hear it I will be able to tell you something
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1USOcEUHG1E

there's the song. it's in the last verse, the one that's mostly in spanish.

xiurell said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1USOcEUHG1E

there's the song. it's in the last verse, the one that's mostly in spanish.

definitely he's saying "Saco primero, soy mas bueno que un marinero"
    and with "sacar primero" he's reffering he's the first to show the gun
    I don't understand the comparison with a sailor

Saludos

7. dmoney101 said:

definitely he's saying "Saco primero, soy mas bueno que un marinero"
    and with "sacar primero" he's reffering he's the first to show the gun
    I don't understand the comparison with a sailor

Saludos
    alright, unless marinero is supposed to be a marine :P

tu sabe k es un matarino tambien? i couldn't figure it out

xiurell said:

alright, unless marinero is supposed to be a marine :P

tu sabe k es un matarino tambien? i couldn't figure it out
    Maybe the word 'materino' comes from the latin word 'mater' (=mother)
    so when he's saying 'mi primo es el materino' maybe he's reffering that his cousin is spoilt by his mother and he is totally different, he's an 'asesino'

But that is just what I suppose

Regards

9. dmoney101 said:

Maybe the word 'materino' comes from the latin word 'mater' (=mother)
    so when he's saying 'mi primo es el materino' maybe he's reffering that his cousin is spoilt by his mother and he is totally different, he's an 'asesino'

But that is just what I suppose

Regards
    that wouldn't make much sense lol
    Last edited by dmoney101; 04-05-2008 at 04:36 PM.

10. dmoney101 said:

can anyone tell me what maquina de cotorra means? toxic crow calls himself that, but it doesn't make sense to me.

literally it's "parrot machine" lol. Even using the slang version of cotorra (a girl that talks to much) it sounds wrong.

arux said:

can anyone tell me what maquina de cotorra means? toxic crow calls himself that, but it doesn't make sense to me.

literally it's "parrot machine" lol. Even using the slang version of cotorra (a girl that talks to much) it sounds wrong.
    The only way I can think of makes sense is if he was born in a place called Cotorra. If it was a machine to make parrots it would be 'maquina de cotorras', in plural. I also noticed that in Google, "Maquina de Cotorra" appears with a capital "C", which also points to the fact that it might be a place.

12. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by arux View Post
    The only way I can think of makes sense is if he was born in a place called Cotorra. If it was a machine to make parrots it would be 'maquina de cotorras', in plural. I also noticed that in Google, "Maquina de Cotorra" appears with a capital "C", which also points to the fact that it might be a place.
    it's his nickname. he's from Santo Domingo (escucha a Tigueraje Dominicano, cancion muy bueno)

btw, what is pica? i head it in the phrase "te voy a pica" and nobody can tell me what it means. one thing said it means to itch, but "i'm going to itch you" sounds pretty stupid jajaja
    Last edited by dmoney101; 04-20-2008 at 11:02 AM.

13. bigbreco21 said:

No, cotorra tiene varios significados,el tener cotorra es como en puerto rico tener "flow",la habilidad de rimar y rapear. Por eso se hace llamar la maquina de cotorra, Pero tambien cuando te dicen que eres una cotorra o das cotorra es como decirte que eres un metiche o un hablador. Espero y les ayude.y como dice la maquina de cotorra TI TUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

14. dmoney101 said:

what is to' short for? i always figured it was "todo" but i'm not sure.

15. Shak said:

Hola aprendí mucho leyendo todo eso! La lengua española me facina! Y tengo una pregunta: que quiere decir "guayen" en la canción Mirala Bien por Wisin Y Yandel "...que la toquen, que la besen, que la guayen, ella fácil se va..." Gracias!

arux said:

Quote Originally Posted by Shak View Post
    Hola aprendí mucho leyendo todo eso! La lengua española me facina! Y tengo una pregunta: que quiere decir "guayen" en la canción Mirala Bien por Wisin Y Yandel "...que la toquen, que la besen, que la guayen, ella fácil se va..." Gracias!
    Guayar es bailar pegao = grind.

arux said:

what is to' short for? i always figured it was "todo" but i'm not sure.
    Yeah, it's short for todo.

arux said:

it's his nickname. he's from Santo Domingo (escucha a Tigueraje Dominicano, cancion muy bueno)

btw, what is pica? i head it in the phrase "te voy a pica" and nobody can tell me what it means. one thing said it means to itch, but "i'm going to itch you" sounds pretty stupid jajaja
    It's probably te voy a picar. Picar is "to itch" but also "to cut", so its probably "I am gonna cut you"(with a knife). He might mean it literally or figuratively.

19. dmoney101 said:

It's probably te voy a picar. Picar is "to itch" but also "to cut", so its probably "I am gonna cut you"(with a knife). He might mean it literally or figuratively.
    http://www.atentoami.com/musica/Toxi...ami.com%5D.mp3

there's the song. i really like it even though i don't really understand it lol. the mambo remix is better imo, but i like mambo (gets the ladies dancin jaja)

arux said:

http://www.atentoami.com/musica/Toxi...ami.com%5D.mp3

there's the song. i really like it even though i don't really understand it lol. the mambo remix is better imo, but i like mambo (gets the ladies dancin jaja)
    Yeah, they mean cut with a knife...