2. N4T1V3_pride said:

que quiere decir 'machucando'?

3. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by N4T1V3_pride View Post
    que quiere decir 'machucando'?
    es un tipo de baile

CoriInKW said:

Hey can you tell me what
    "Ando camuflajeao’ con las gafas" means I think it means "i walk camoflauged with sunglasses" but that makes no sense.
    thnx
    CoriInKW

5. Shak said:

Cool Hola!

Estaba escuchando a "Sábado En La Noche" de Tonny Tún Tún y Fulanito... Esas son las palabras que no entiendo

-Bonce
    -Cori
    -Bonche
    -Fulmar
    -Gema
    -Chama
    -Brinca
    -Bacaneria
    -Maltilla
    -Evilla
    -Jacobo
    -Ripia
    -Binao

También:

-Coquetea
    -Pana mio
    -Broque

Graciasssss

CoriInKW said:

Brinca- jump
    CoriInKW

CoriInKW said:

Bonche- can mean LOAD, but I'd have to haer it in the song
    Gema- depending on contex can mean Gem like "Tu eres mi gema" (you are my gem) kinda like a term of endearment
    Coquetea- flirts
    CoriInKW

8. orchid1987 said:

A few things I've heard, wondering what they mean or why they are said... not sure of the exact spelling so I'll guess lol...

Ni mi madre
    No mamis way
    Orale
    Andale
    El rato
    No chingas

Really don't know how this is spelled, so I'm gonna butcher it lol...

E holay chingata

Also, I remember hearing a woman talking about her sister and she called her "La gorda"... the sister didn't say anything, so is it some kind of endearment term? lol... same lady also called her husband "El Flaco" that's why I'm curious..

CoriInKW said:

yes calling a person Gorda/Gordo, Flaca/Flaco can be a term of endearment.
    I call my brother Nino cochino, as a term of endearment. so practicaly anything can be a term of endearment.
    CoriInKW

10. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by orchid1987 View Post
    A few things I've heard, wondering what they mean or why they are said... not sure of the exact spelling so I'll guess lol...

Ni mi madre
    No mamis way
    Orale
    Andale
    El rato
    No chingas

E holay chingata

Also, I remember hearing a woman talking about her sister and she called her "La gorda"... the sister didn't say anything, so is it some kind of endearment term? lol... same lady also called her husband "El Flaco" that's why I'm curious..
    ni mi madre literally means neither my mom
    no mames wey literally is "don't suck" but means "don't mess around" or "don't **** with me"
    orale means soooo many things, but usually it's like "hell yea!"
    handale means hurry up
    not sure about rato (i know rata which is rat jaja)
    no chingas means "don't ****". there's probably more to the phrase though. no me chingas is don't **** with me

istanbulgal said:

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney101 View Post
    ni mi madre literally means neither my mom
    Actually, the correct literal translation is: "not even my mother".

If the example had said "ni mi madre, ni mi padre", then the meaning would have been neither my mom nor dad.

12. dmoney101 said:

can someone tell me what "to lo abe" means? i asked i guy if he was dominican and that's what he said. did he mean tu lo abe?

also, how would you translate "no me ronques que you tengo lo mio"? i would think it would be like "you shouldn't snore at me because i have mine" but that's just weird.
    Last edited by dmoney101; 05-11-2008 at 08:59 PM.

13. zednanreh71 said:

Quote Originally Posted by orchid1987 View Post

Ni mi madre
    No mamis way
    Orale
    Andale
    El rato
    No chingas

E holay chingata

EL RATO..pasar el rato con mis amigos = to hang out with friends....
    So..."un rato" its a piece of time in our lives....ratito its a smallest piece...lol
    YO NO DECIDI SER MEXICANO.....SIMPLEMENTE TUVE SUERTE

14. zednanreh71 said:

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney101 View Post
    can someone tell me what "to lo abe" means? i asked i guy if he was dominican and that's what he said. did he mean tu lo abe?

also, how would you translate "no me ronques que you tengo lo mio"? i would think it would be like "you shouldn't snore at me because i have mine" but that's just weird.
    Can u imagine a guy snoring at you? Geezz!! So...i think its like a warning. If u do something to me...youll pay for it...cause i have mine too!! Got it?
    YO NO DECIDI SER MEXICANO.....SIMPLEMENTE TUVE SUERTE

15. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by zednanreh71 View Post
    Can u imagine a guy snoring at you? Geezz!! So...i think its like a warning. If u do something to me...youll pay for it...cause i have mine too!! Got it?
    alright, that's kinda what i figured. do you know tu lo abe? after i thought about it, i realized lapiz conciente says it a lot (and i don't even listen to his basura musical). at first i thought he was saying "tu no sabe" but now that i've seen that phrase i know that's what it was

arux said:

Hey guys I have been busy lately. I just saw the latest confusion about "no me ronques" in songs. That's slang for "don't f**k with me" or "don't provoke me". :P

17. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by arux View Post
    Hey guys I have been busy lately. I just saw the latest confusion about "no me ronques" in songs. That's slang for "don't f**k with me" or "don't provoke me". :P
    oh, i guess that's some more boricua slang. i don't know much puerto rican stuff, just some dominican and mexican. thanks guey

18. N4T1V3_pride said:

what does andar fuga mean? i heard it in a daddy yankee song... it went like 'no es mi culpa que ella ande fuga' i don't get it- its not my fault that she... ???

arux said:

Quote Originally Posted by N4T1V3_pride View Post
    what does andar fuga mean? i heard it in a daddy yankee song... it went like 'no es mi culpa que ella ande fuga' i don't get it- its not my fault that she... ???
    It could be "it's not my fault that she has been gone" or more probably "it's not my fault that she sneaks out" or "escapes" [from the guy I presume]

20. xFRiKiiTONAx said:

tengo un pregunto.
    WUT DOEZ "SATA" MEAN?
    im cuban and russian so i dont speak spanish really gud