Spanish slang clarifications

Thread: Spanish slang clarifications

Tags: None
  1. La Jefa said:

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by xiurell View Post
    Es una pena utilizar palabras de otra lengua cuando existen las propias, eso empobrece el idioma
    Aquí tenemos tenemos un dicho "no giris sa llengo" literalmente significa "no gires la lengua"
    I agree ...sometimes... but you'll note that this thread is about slang and the original question was about finding a way to say "adios" casually. In PR, you use English. C'est la vie

2. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by La Jefa View Post
    I agree ...sometimes... but you'll note that this thread is about slang and the original question was about finding a way to say "adios" casually. In PR, you use English. C'est la vie
    if you're talkin to a dominican you can say "me quité"

xiurell said:

Quote Originally Posted by La Jefa View Post
    Slang may be words that have come from a different meaning. They are either made up (invented) to mean something or a "real" word used to have a different meaning. What you are talking about is not slang but words taken from another language to avoid the use of the original.

Saludos

4. Shak said:

Hola! Quisiera saber en que paises la palabra "madre" es una insulta... Sé que en Mexicó nunca se lo puede decir, que dicen "mamá", pero no sé exactamente para los otros paises.

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Shak View Post
    Hola! Quisiera saber en que paises la palabra "madre" es una insulta... Sé que en Mexicó nunca se lo puede decir, que dicen "mamá", pero no sé exactamente para los otros paises.
    bueno, depende del tono que le des a tal palabra en Mexico... porque yo uso madre para referirme a mi mami preciosa

pero si otra persona, dice "hijo de tu madre" y en tono altisonante..... pues te esta diciendo una groseria.........
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

6. dmoney101 said:

madre is used to insult in ever country i know. i don't know any country that doesn't use "hijo de puta" at least.

citlalli said:

Well, "madre" on its own is an insult only in very rare occasions, depending on the context and intonation. When it's used to insult, it will normally go accompanied by something else or will be part of a well-known idiom (like "estar hasta la madre", or "romper la madre").

And "hijo de tu madre" is used in a very familiar sort of speech, it's not really that bad, in contrast with "hijo de pu*a", which is really bad (as a mexican I can only talk about Mexico of course).

Sometimes it can even be positive, like in "estar a toda madre"
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

xiurell said:

Here in Spain, we use this expression 'vivir de pu*a madre'

9. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by xiurell View Post
    Here in Spain, we use this expression 'vivir de pu*a madre'
    i like "hijo de mamaguevo"
    idk anyone else that says it, but it's not hard to figure out what i'm saying jaja

10. jwatts323504 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Chiquita Nikkita View Post
    i've come across some of those words while translating... but ANYONE is welcome to correct me (please).

Mus- a goodlooking guy
    ojitos- kind of an endearing term for eyes, like cute litle eyes...
    Jangueo- I hang out, from the verb "Janguear"
    Eliel- i do believe that is the name of the man Don Omar sings for.

i have NO idea what Donkeo is...
    once again, if any of this is wrong, sorry, but im just tryin to help. Corrections R great!

Eliel is the man making the beats. "eliel el que habla con las mano" he doesnt talk he makes beats and thats his form of expresion"

you are pretty good though good stuff!

11. dutch-chicano said:

como tu te la apunta

pa que tu te luca
    why you shine like that??
    VOLVEMO
    something from volver come back??
    musica que siga que siga musica

vacila tequila

y te pegas

la farandula la película

recojete conmigo

el chalco

montarte en barco me tiene como rifle de asalto
    i thought its something like i take you to my ship like a robery of a pirate or something??
    chambiao esperando el blanco
    chambiao exspect the white one

can someone translate it i dont understand translation to dutch is good to

citlalli said:

pa que tu te luca
    so that you look good/impressive

VOLVEMO
    we come back

(let) the music go on and on

la farandula
    the showbiz

la película
    the film/movie

I only did the ones whose meaning I'm sure of... hope someone else can do the rest 4 u
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

13. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by dutch-chicano View Post
    como tu te la apunta

pa que tu te luca
    why you shine like that??
    VOLVEMO
    something from volver come back??

vacila tequila

y te pegas

la farandula la película

recojete conmigo

el chalco

montarte en barco me tiene como rifle de asalto
    i thought its something like i take you to my ship like a robery of a pirate or something??
    chambiao esperando el blanco
    chambiao exspect the white one

can someone translate it i dont understand translation to dutch is good to
    you like No Te Veo too? jaja
    me tiene como rifle asalto is you have me like an assault rifle. i think some of the other lyrics are wrong

14. bball10 said:

I made this its own thread, but I wanted to make sure the people that do an awesome job of translating in here see this too, thanks!:

Hi, I'm writing a song that is like half-english, half-spanish, we need to know how to say the following phrases in Spanish in a sexually suggestive manner:

-I want you, girl

-Come here, girl

-I wanna touch you, girl

-Let's dance, girl (as to a reggaton type song)

I want to hook up with you, girl

-I want to f*** you, girl

-Get loose, girl

-Shake that a**, girl

-I like the way you move it, girl

-You are sexy/hot, girl

So if theres multiple ways to say these things, you can just put the best or put more than one and I'll have to choose

So yes I know these are all quite vulgar and what not, but we are trying to make a song like you would hear from pit bull, which as we know, are quite vulgar, haha

Also in general i know that senorita, chica, mamacita, all mean female, but are there any other/better terms one would use if just trying to say attractive/hot/pretty girl??

Thanks for any help!!

Zahra2008 said:

I want you, girl
    te quiero nena
    te deseo, nena

Come here, girl
    Ven aqui nena

I wanna touch you, girl
    Quiero tocarte toda, nena

Shake that a**, girl
    Mueve ese ....., nena

I like the way you move it, girl
    Me gusta como lo mueves, nena

..........hope helps u....
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

16. dmoney101 said:

here's how I would say it. it's gonna be VERY slang-y

-I want you, girl
    Te quiero nena/mami (this'll be the same everywhere)
    -Come here, girl
    Ven acá nena/mami/loca
    -I wanna touch you, girl
    Te quiero tocarte nena/mami
    -Let's dance, girl (as to a reggaton type song)
    vamo'a perrar (or bailar)
    I want to hook up with you, girl
    quiero cogerte (really inappropriate :P)
    -I want to f*** you, girl
    quiero cogerte (same thing)
    -Get loose, girl

-Shake that a**, girl
    Mueve el culo
    -I like the way you move it, girl
    me guta como tu muevelo
    -You are sexy/hot, girl
    tu ta to la vaina (dominican thing to same)
    here's a more common thing (more countries may understand this)
    tu ere(s depending on your accent) chula

17. Shak said:

Tengo dos preguntitas. ?Cual es la diferencia entre bailar y bailotear? Y ?Que quiere decir Mambo en las canciones de Daddy Yankee? Muchas gracias

18. dmoney101 said:

Tengo dos preguntitas. ?Cual es la diferencia entre bailar y bailotear? Y ?Que quiere decir Mambo en las canciones de Daddy Yankee? Muchas gracias
    bailotear is just to dance randomly without any form or rhythm.

damarys said:

Generalmente, Mambo is un tipo de musica y baile que viene originalmente the Cuba. Tambien se refiere a veces a un tipo de espiritismo o espiritista. No se si eso es lo que Daddy Yankee quiere decir en sus canciones.

damarys said:

Okay, I just translated a song and came across the word "joseando". It's used in a Daddy Yankee song. What does it mean?

Thanks!