Spanish slang clarifications

Thread: Spanish slang clarifications

Tags: None

istanbulgal said:

Quote Originally Posted by damarys View Post
    Okay, I just translated a song and came across the word "joseando". It's used in a Daddy Yankee song. What does it mean?

Thanks!
    I read that the word "josear" comes from the English word "hustler" so joseando = hustling. Would that make sense in your translation?.

2. dmoney101 said:

Okay, I just translated a song and came across the word "joseando". It's used in a Daddy Yankee song. What does it mean?

Thanks!
    it means hustling. it actually should be josiando. there's no other word for it, so it's definitely that

damarys said:

Ha! That makes sense,. So, what is the word in SPanish for a hustler or a swindler? I looked it up in one of my dictionaries and it said "chanchullo". I've never heard of that. How would you say it in Spanish, now that I know the slang for it?
    Thanks!

4. dmoney101 said:

Ha! That makes sense,. So, what is the word in SPanish for a hustler or a swindler? I looked it up in one of my dictionaries and it said "chanchullo". I've never heard of that. How would you say it in Spanish, now that I know the slang for it?
    Thanks!
    mine says estafador, which i've never seen either

secret.love said:

also tramposo

6. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by secret.love View Post
    also tramposo
    that just sounds like a tramp to me, so i wouldn't use that jajaja

DeBaires said:

Haha, that's what I used to think.

But tramposo comes from "trampa", which means trick or trap

& "hacer trampa" means to cheat.

viciousz_love said:

does anyone have any idea what sacarte a nelly means? or what wisin y yandel are referring to when they mention la liga de nelly? nelly's league?

solo quisiera una noche de pasion y de roche , amarnos en el coche con besos cerrar con broche completa tu desnudez deja la timidez tu quieres sacarte a nelly te noto con estres

and also what does el mas ton mean?

damarys said:

Quote Originally Posted by viciousz_love View Post
    does anyone have any idea what sacarte a nelly means? or what wisin y yandel are referring to when they mention la liga de nelly? nelly's league?

solo quisiera una noche de pasion y de roche , amarnos en el coche con besos cerrar con broche completa tu desnudez deja la timidez tu quieres sacarte a nelly te noto con estres

and also what does el mas ton mean?
    Who is nelly? "Nelly" appears to have a league and likes to be taken out!

"Sacarte a nelly" in this context may mean to take out the male organ (trying to put this delicately!). But this is completely a guess.

"El mas ton" seems to be referring to something big. Another guess.

viciousz_love said:

hahah yeah i thought el mas ton meant like the biggest or the greatest haha.

but nelly i have no idea what they are referring to at all hahah. maybe thats what they call it lol but i've never heard anyone say ayyy nena voy a sacarme a nelly hahah if i even said that right lol

but yes thanks for your guess

citlalli said:

Thanks!
    In Mexico "chanchullo" means "swindle", and it's indeed very colloquial. What dmoney found ("estafa") is also "swindle", but it's a bit more formal although very common as well.

Thus "swindler"= estafador, or on a more colloquial level ="transa"
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

secret.love said:

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney101 View Post
    that just sounds like a tramp to me, so i wouldn't use that jajaja
    Well depends how you use it! but for example if you are playing a game and someone says que chanchullero sos! that means que tramposo sos! because estafador is stronger than tramposo. Is like exagerating! you feel me guys?

13. dmoney101 said:

Who is nelly? "Nelly" appears to have a league and likes to be taken out!

"Sacarte a nelly" in this context may mean to take out the male organ (trying to put this delicately!). But this is completely a guess.

"El mas ton" seems to be referring to something big. Another guess.
    Nelly is a person (El Arma Secreta), but other than that, i've never heard nelly used as just a word before.

viciousz_love said:

okay so he's a producer. that makes sense with la liga de nelly

but i still don't understand what sacarte a nelly means

damarys said:

Quote Originally Posted by citlalli View Post
    In Mexico "chanchullo" means "swindle", and it's indeed very colloquial. What dmoney found ("estafa") is also "swindle", but it's a bit more formal although very common as well.

Thus "swindler"= estafador, or on a more colloquial level ="transa"
    So when you are talking about a hustler in Mexico, would you say, "El es un chanchullo." And would you also say, "Te esta chanchullando"? Or, "Es es un estafador.... te esta estafiando"? WHat is the verb for hustling?

Just curious!

xiurell said:

So when you are talking about a hustler in Mexico, would you say, "El es un chanchullo." And would you also say, "Te esta chanchullando"? Or, "Es es un estafador.... te esta estafiando"? WHat is the verb for hustling?

Just curious!
    the verb is "hacer chanchullos"

"te está chanchulleando" dont sound well is better to say "te está estafando"
    and the same for "El es un chanchullo" better "es un estafador"

Canchullo is a thing not a person

17. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by viciousz_love View Post
    okay so he's a producer. that makes sense with la liga de nelly

but i still don't understand what sacarte a nelly means
    sacar means to take out, te means it's being done to "you", so literally, to take you out to nelly.

br!@nn@ said:

hey, if you know any of the fairly new Reggaeton or Bachata songs could you post the titles & artist plz i love artists like WISIN y Yandel , DADDY YANKEE, AVENTURA, TEGO CALDERON but unfortunately in louisiana we don't have any spanish radio stations
    ~Todo Cambio~

19. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by br!@nn@ View Post
    hey, if you know any of the fairly new Reggaeton or Bachata songs could you post the titles & artist plz i love artists like WISIN y Yandel , DADDY YANKEE, AVENTURA, TEGO CALDERON but unfortunately in louisiana we don't have any spanish radio stations
    we don't in Tennessee either, but i get everything from websites that keep stuff updated. i don't listen to as much reggaeton as dominican rap, but masreggaetonflow.net(or com, i forgot which) has good stuff and stays with new songs.

viciousz_love said:

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney101 View Post
    sacar means to take out, te means it's being done to "you", so literally, to take you out to nelly.
    thanks dmoney :]

can anyone here list any really popular dominican and puerto rican slang?