Spanish slang clarifications

Thread: Spanish slang clarifications

Tags: None
  1. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by damarys View Post
    What does "palomo" mean? Paloma is dove....
    it's kinda hard to describe because there's a lot that goes with it other than just the definition. if you know what pariguayo (not paraguayo lol) is, then it's pretty much the same thing. it's like a chump, a loser, uno que no tiene bujia, no tiene mujere, no tiene cualto, y no tiene cojone jaja

damarys said:

Gotcha! Very clear. I don't know if I'll ever get a chance to use it, but if I see it, I'll know what it is!

Zahra2008 said:

What does "palomo" mean? Paloma is dove....
    Hey Damarys, palomo means:

1. male pigeon
    2. thief
    3. woodpigeons
    4. Propaganda, (person) who is very clever in these kind of things

First two are the most common in México, and also dependes of the sentence
    Last edited by Zahra2008; 09-18-2008 at 01:12 AM.
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

damarys said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    Hey Damarys, palomo means:

1. male pigeon
    2. thief
    3. woodpigeons
    4. Propaganda, (person) who is very clever in these kind of things

First two are the most common in México, and also dependes of the sentence
    So now I know the "slang" term (thanks to Dmoney) and the more formal definition. Muchisimas gracias, chica.

5. dmoney101 said:

Gotcha! Very clear. I don't know if I'll ever get a chance to use it, but if I see it, I'll know what it is!
    yea, if you ever listen to some dominican rap, you're guaranteed to hear it. i think it's used at least once in ever song. it's about like the b word or n word in american rap

6. Shak said:

!Hola dmoney101! En tu definicíon de Palomo, dijiste "uno que no tiene bujía". ?Que quiere decir bujía?

7. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Shak View Post
    !Hola dmoney101! En tu definicíon de Palomo, dijiste "uno que no tiene bujía". ?Que quiere decir bujía?
    bujia eh lo mimo como "valor"

8. boricamami07 said:

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney101 View Post
    arcangel is dominican. i can't stand him at all though. i've heard puerto ricans using a lot of the dominican rappers' words before. ñengo flow used the word palomo in one of his new songs. i was super surprised when i heard it.
    WHAT DA HELL Y ARCANGEL SAiD HES BORiCUA ON HiS OFFiCAL MYSPACE?????
    iM CONFUSED!!!!!!!1

9. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by boricamami07 View Post
    WHAT DA HELL Y ARCANGEL SAiD HES BORiCUA ON HiS OFFiCAL MYSPACE?????
    iM CONFUSED!!!!!!!1
    polque es un maldito jablador. that's why dominicans hate him. his of dominican blood, born in Nueva Yol, then moved to PR later. Did you know he used to claim Blood when he lived in NY? Now, he doesn't show any love for anything he's from. that's why i hate him

br!@nn@ said:

Quote Originally Posted by xanatos1 View Post
    Hi Everyone, I am new here and have a phrase I would love for someone to translate for me. I pissed off a friend at work and she emailed me this phrase (she won't tell me what it means, but says it's funny. I am not sure I believe her) Thanks for your help.

ya ni la chingas
    is your friend mexican? because i dont translate stuff but most things with "chinga" are slang
    itz confusing 2 me sumtimez because my friends use shyt like {chinga tu madre} wen they're playing around with friends/family but wen they're mad and they say it itz like really disrespectful and everything
    & itz easier to get translations on slang from ppl w/ spanish as a 1st language cuz spanish slang is diff. in diff. countries
    ~Todo Cambio~

11. xanatos1 said:

Quote Originally Posted by br!@nn@ View Post
    is your friend mexican? because i dont translate stuff but most things with "chinga" are slang
    itz confusing 2 me sumtimez because my friends use shyt like {chinga tu madre} wen they're playing around with friends/family but wen they're mad and they say it itz like really disrespectful and everything
    & itz easier to get translations on slang from ppl w/ spanish as a 1st language cuz spanish slang is diff. in diff. countries
    Quote Originally Posted by xanatos1 View Post
    Hi Everyone, I am new here and have a phrase I would love for someone to translate for me. I pissed off a friend at work and she emailed me this phrase (she won't tell me what it means, but says it's funny. I am not sure I believe her) Thanks for your help.

ya ni la chingas
    Hi Again,
    Yes, she is Mexican - and I finally got an answer from her...

It seems in the context of how it was meant when my friend emailed me - was that I was really getting on her nerves. So, ya ni la chingas, in my case - was a really harsh, with lots of emotion - YOU ARE REALLY BUGGING ME - YOU PIECE OF CRAP! or maybe worse then crap - lol, but said in fun. Hmmm, I hope so anyway : )

12. boricamami07 said:

polque es un maldito jablador. that's why dominicans hate him. his of dominican blood, born in Nueva Yol, then moved to PR later. Did you know he used to claim Blood when he lived in NY? Now, he doesn't show any love for anything he's from. that's why i hate him
    Ai... YO NO SABíA ESO...! PENSé q ERA BORiCUA...!

13. dmoney101 said:

Ai... YO NO SABíA ESO...! PENSé q ERA BORiCUA...!
    nope. simplemente eh un pinche fekero

14. boricamami07 said:

nope. simplemente eh un pinche fekero
    JAJA DE VERDAD PERO q ES UN PiNCHE???

15. dmoney101 said:

JAJA DE VERDAD PERO q ES UN PiNCHE???
    creo k pinche eh una palabra mexicana. eh lo mimo como "foking"

16. boricamami07 said:

creo k pinche eh una palabra mexicana. eh lo mimo como "foking"
    Si ES UNA PALABRA MEXiCANA... Y GRACiAS

17. dmoney101 said:

Si ES UNA PALABRA MEXiCANA... Y GRACiAS
    de na

EDIT: does anybody know what suelta en banda means?
    i think it means "si tu novia te bota" but i don't know what bota means lol
    Last edited by dmoney101; 09-23-2008 at 06:17 PM.

dominicanprince269 said:

alright, that's kinda what i figured. do you know tu lo abe? after i thought about it, i realized lapiz conciente says it a lot (and i don't even listen to his basura musical). at first i thought he was saying "tu no sabe" but now that i've seen that phrase i know that's what it was
    "Tu lo abe " means you know it its like sayin "tu lo sabes" thats just how us dominicans use our slang!

dominicanprince269 said:

Quote Originally Posted by arux View Post
    Hey guys I have been busy lately. I just saw the latest confusion about "no me ronques" in songs. That's slang for "don't f**k with me" or "don't provoke me". :P
    VELDA!!! No me ronkes yo tengo lo mio maeans like dont **** with me cuz I got mines meaning like una pistola o algo!

dominicanprince269 said:

what word is x used in place of in writing? i've seen it all the time, but i'm not sure what it is. i thought it could be for "es" but idk
    the X is used in the place of the CH...like muCHos would be muXos