Spanish slang clarifications

Thread: Spanish slang clarifications

Tags: None
  1. Che Gorda said:

I've got another question. I hear this expression quite a bit but I have no idea what it means or how to spell it. It sounds like "josea" and I've only ever heard girls say it (if that somehow matters).

Inconsolable89 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Che Gorda View Post
    I've got another question. I hear this expression quite a bit but I have no idea what it means or how to spell it. It sounds like "josea" and I've only ever heard girls say it (if that somehow matters).
    hmm i think its 'osea'
    i means 'like'
    'like, i mean'

i hope thats what you asked
    espero haber respondido a tu pregunta ...

bebestylee said:

josear or josiar in PR means to 'Hustle' or to 'F*ck around' but i'm with Inconsolable....I think they are saying Osea....
    Dime cosas dulces para que cuando te las tengas que tragar, no te sepan tan amargas!!!

4. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by bebestylee View Post
    josear or josiar in PR means to 'Hustle' or to 'F*ck around' but i'm with Inconsolable....I think they are saying Osea....
    me too. i've never heard a girl say josiar.

5. lewis said:

Quote Originally Posted by Che Gorda
    To hustle: 1.to move rapidly, 2.hurried movement, 3. a dishonest plan for making money, 4. to make money in a dishonest fashion, 5. A way of life, a hard and well paying job. 6. making money through any way at any cost. 7. in sport (like baseball) a hustler is a hard-working player dedicated to the team rather than personal stats.

6. Che Gorda said:

Right, so it definately was osea. Thanks again. But I'm liking this word josiar. Good to know as well.

bebestylee said:

Quote Originally Posted by Che Gorda View Post
    Right, so it definately was osea. Thanks again. But I'm liking this word josiar. Good to know as well.
    Yeah....Definitely....because the word Josiar is mainly used in the carribean.....All the Colombians that I know up here always say Osea...! But good question none the less!
    Dime cosas dulces para que cuando te las tengas que tragar, no te sepan tan amargas!!!

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by lewis View Post
    a pathetic dude, derived from a old mexican TV series about a superhero (who was quite pathetic since he had not actual power, and always chickened out against villains), Also means a "NOBODY"

but if what they say is that they have the I's red like chapulin then it means somethig else (s.t. like there smoking weed or so)
    well, Lewis... as mexican, I dont like your comment .... this serie is the best show ever in the mexican television... and I think also in South America...
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

9. MaresLejanos said:

I'm with you Zahra.

Chapulín wasn't exactly a hero, this character beloyed to a comedy show for KIDS. The program all: "El Show de Chespirito", with the shows "El Chapulín Colorado", "El chavo del ocho", "El doctor Chapatín", and the other shows, were a funny shows for children, where in those shows they tried to show and teach to children about gentleness, goodness, kindness, companionship and friendship. The show showed a lot of innocence, that's why the character of Chapulin Colorado.

I Think that program was one of the best programs for children, because it was funny, because it was a good example for children. I still see it when I find it on TV.

Lewis: You can't talk so hard about it, it's offensive not just for the actors and actress on there, but for us too, who enjoined too much those shows.....
    Last edited by MaresLejanos; 11-03-2008 at 07:31 PM.

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by MaresLejanos View Post
    I'm with you Zahra.

Chapulin wasn't exactly a hero, this character beloyed to a comedy show for KIDS. The program all: "El Show de Chespirito", with the shows "El Chapulín Colorado", "El chavo del ocho", "El doctor Chapatín", and the others shows, where a funny shows for children, where in those show they tried to show and teach to children about gentleness, goodness, kindness, companionship and friendship. The show showed a lot of innocence, that's why the character of Chapulin Colorado

I Think that program was one of the best program for children, because of it was funny, because of it was a good example for children. I still see it when I found it on TV.

Lewis: You can't talk so hard about it....
    Yeah, my friend... and not only for children... coz I still love it, and aint longer a kid... I have some episodies on my pc.... and I watch them very often

11. MaresLejanos said:

Why you have and I don't ???? It's unfair

Now I have to donwload them

Kisses my friend

damarys said:

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MaresLejanos View Post
    I'm with you Zahra.

Chapulin wasn't exactly a hero, this character beloyed to a comedy show for KIDS. The program all: "El Show de Chespirito", with the shows "El Chapulín Colorado", "El chavo del ocho", "El doctor Chapatín", and the others shows, where a funny shows for children, where in those show they tried to show and teach to children about gentleness, goodness, kindness, companionship and friendship. The show showed a lot of innocence, that's why the character of Chapulin Colorado

I Think that program was one of the best program for children, because of it was funny, because of it was a good example for children. I still see it when I found it on TV.

Lewis: You can't talk so hard about it, it's offensive not just for the actors and actress there, but for us too, who enjoined too much those show.....
    Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I used to love watching El Show the Chespirito". However just like Cubans love to drink "malta" and eveyone else hates it, El Chapulin Colorado and El CHavo del Ocho were definitely an acquired taste!
    These posts brought a smile to my face.

13. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by damarys View Post
    Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I used to love watching El Show the Chespirito". However just like Cubans love to drink "malta" and eveyone else hates it, El Chapulin Colorado and El CHavo del Ocho were definitely an acquired taste!
    These posts brought a smile to my face.
    i'm glad my question made everyone so happy jaja

and the show was popular in almost all Spanish speaking countries i'm sure

bebestylee said:

I love that show....I'll go to my grandmother's house and we'll sit there for hours and watch the show and just laugh and laugh! That show is huge in Brazil and many other Latin countries....They still watch it and there's like a whole underground Chapulin community....I ran into one the other....it's crazy...jaja

and by the way Damarys I love Malta....that's not a cuban thing! That's a Caribbean thing! I drink malta and each Chicharones! Mmmmm!

damarys said:

Platanos fritos, malta, yuca, arroz blanco y frijoles negros, lechon asado (and chicarrones, of course).... oye chico, ahora si que tengo hambre.

bebestylee said:

Quote Originally Posted by damarys View Post
    Platanos fritos, malta, yuca, arroz blanco y frijoles negros, lechon asado (and chicarrones, of course).... oye chico, ahora si que tengo hambre.
    chacho me lo dices! hahaha todo me gusto menos lo de frijoles negras! yuck! Diablo mija....cuando vienes pa k pa hacer un lechon a la barra! vamos! jajaja con una malta fria y pal de medallas!

17. dmoney101 said:

i forgot to add, the other day i was in Walmart and saw a little kid with a Chapulin Colorado shirt on. that was pretty cool

oh, and platanos fritos are the beeeeest!!! my friend's mom made some one day and oh my God!!! they were so good. why do white people get stuck with all the bland foods? we never get nothin jaja

damarys said:

You have been deprived of a good helping of frijoles negros. My mom makes the best!

Enjoy your virtual meal.

Zahra2008 said:

mmm, damarys, Im on a diet, but its your fault, I will going to break it!!

and my mom makes the best "frijoles puercos" ever....

citlalli said:

Hi Damarys!

May I join you and Bebestylee?

But I do love black beans (I'm Mexican... u know we like our beans )... so I'll have my portion and Bebestylee's too (if u don't mind of course )
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.