Tags: None

jlee90 said:

ok but what is the spanish word order

2. dmoney101 said:

what does rankiao mean?

damarys said:

Quote Originally Posted by jlee90 View Post
    All the phrases written above are in correct order in Spanish. You are probably asking a linguistic question. I hope one of our experts jumps in and helps you with diagraming the senteces.

arux said:

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney101 View Post
    what does rankiao mean?
    Rankiao = highly ranked, important.

arux said:

I just wrote the examples to show that there isn't just one correct word order in Spanish. The most "standard" is the one you mentioned (Subject+Verb+Complement) as in "Maria va a la escuela".

Although I know how to write the same sentence in different ways, I have no clue about the formal "rules" of when to do this and when not to do that. That's the advantage of being a native speaker. I recommend that you google "Spanish sentence structure".

eg1218 said:

I tend to use the word "negrita" as a term of endearment. I got it from my pops who uses it all the time. ''Negrita" is similar to "morena" except that it specfically means "black girl" as opposed to "Tan girl". It's very common for Puerto Ricans to use it. In fact, most women who I use the word on eventually tell me that they love it when I call them that because it reminds them of home.

Funny story: this white dude asked me about that once. He said "why do they seem flattered when you call them black?". I said, "because to us being black is not a bad thing!".
    Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

jlee90 said:

in this song called te vas by hector el father y ken-y. el diga frases dos hacia donde partiras y hacia donde dirigirme . whare dose ''hacia'' come in to this frase

DeBaires said:

in this song called te vas by hector el father y ken-y. el diga frases dos hacia donde partiras y hacia donde dirigirme . whare dose ''hacia'' come in to this frase
    If you're asking what "hacia" means, it means "toward(s)."

damarys said:

in this song called te vas by hector el father y ken-y. el diga ((el dice, instead of diga)frases dos (dos frases) hacia donde partiras y hacia donde dirigirme . whare dose ''hacia'' come in to this frase

So in this sense it means "towards where...", "In what direction..."

Hacia donde partiras - "Where are you going?" or "Toward where are you leaving?" (kind of awkward to translate)

Hacia donde dirigirme - "Towards where should I head to?" "Where should I go?"

10. karmenrundiss said:

Default se revento el party

wut is da purpose of "se"?

DeBaires said:

Quote Originally Posted by karmenrundiss View Post
    wut is da purpose of "se"?
    Well, the sentence means "the party was ruined/ended."

Se is the reflexive for he/she/it & in this case it being the party.

The reflexive for I/me is me
    for you (familiar)=te
    you(formal)=le
    us=nos
    you (plural)/them=les

12. karmenrundiss said:

Quote Originally Posted by DeBaires View Post
    Well, the sentence means "the party was ruined/ended."

Se is the reflexive for he/she/it & in this case it being the party.

The reflexive for I/me is me
    for you (familiar)=te
    you(formal)=le
    us=nos
    you (plural)/them=les
    spanish grammar is hard to follow/understand.
    how kum its not se fue revento el party?

13. dmoney101 said:

spanish grammar is hard to follow/understand.
    how kum its not se fue revento el party?
    if you add fue in there it's like "the party was it busted itself". it would be se revento el party (which is the name of the song i'm listening to right now jaja)

14. karmenrundiss said:

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney101 View Post
    if you add fue in there it's like "the party was it busted itself". it would be se revento el party (which is the name of the song i'm listening to right now jaja)
    SORRY IF IM BOTHERING YU[i dnt care ima still ask lol]so se is really he/she/it was?
    yes i jUS saiD tHt,YeS ItS tRue,YuR A juMpOFF!

15. dmoney101 said:

SORRY IF IM BOTHERING YU[i dnt care ima still ask lol]so se is really he/she/it was?
    se doesn't mean anything by itself (other than sé which is i know). it's just used to show that someone/something did whatever to themselves/itself.

DeBaires said:

Don't every worry about "bothering" us, you're never bothering anyone. You're here to ask questions & we're here to answer (as best we can haha )

In Spanish, some verbs are reflexive & if they are, they use the "me, se, te, etc." to reinforce the fact that it's reflexive.

There's no way to really teach it, it just comes with practice & with learning which verbs are reflexive & which aren't.

17. Shak said:

Hola! I dont exactly know how to know when un complemento is directo or indirecto... You know, when I want to replace it by LA, LO or LE... When you are speaking about a person, it seem to be always indirecto but im not sure and what is the trick to know it easily?

Urbaniak said:

Default jugo de parcha

Does anyone know what kind of juice "jugo de parcha" is?
    I believe it's a Puerto Rican expression.
    I can't find parcha in any dictionary.

Thanks Hugs Joyce
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!

19. karmenrundiss said:

Te Bajo El Panty
    yes i jUS saiD tHt,YeS ItS tRue,YuR A juMpOFF!

20. dmoney101 said:

Te Bajo El Panty
    i lower your panties