Spanish slang clarifications

Thread: Spanish slang clarifications

Tags: None

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Urbaniak View Post
    Hello friends
    There was no translation given for

• FumaRama: Fumon

Does anybody know what it means in English?
    Thanks Joyce
    Im not 100% sure, but I think it means: someone who smokes a lot..
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

2. hyacinthee17 said:

Smile

I agree completely that African American was never a good term to describe black people.
    One reason is because there are MANY white people born in Africa! I believe senator John Kerrys wife was born in Africa, she is now an American citizen. That makes her an African American but she has white skin. Here is an article of about a white skinned man born in Africa who is now an American citizen who is sewing his medical school for harassment after he called himself an African American. It's soooooo stupid because he is much more African American than most of the black people in this country. He was born in Africa
    here is the article. http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7567291&page=1
    Hugs Joyce
    thank you Urbaniak that is a good point and i liked the article!

3. hyacinthee17 said:

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney101 View Post
    yea, most black people i've chilled with agree with you. it's the white people that wanna make a big deal about being politically correct jaja
    lol. jaja. i understand. stupid catgories. everyone mixed with something no one pure. lol.

Urbaniak said:

I'm all for getting rid of race categories completely. As hyacinthee said we are all mixed. Genealogists say the first humans started in Africa and migrated out of africa to all parts of the globe. If you go back far enough we are all African decedents. These categories only serve to divide people not unite them. The way people are mixing these days soon we will all be tan. As far as I'm concerned if you were born here or were naturalized as an American citizen your American .
    Hugs Joyce
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!

5. hyacinthee17 said:

Wink

I'm all for getting rid of race categories completely. As hyacinthee said we are all mixed. Genealogists say the first humans started in Africa and migrated out of africa to all parts of the globe. If you go back far enough we are all African decedents. These categories only serve to divide people not unite them. The way people are mixing these days soon we will all be tan. As far as I'm concerned if you were born here or were naturalized as an American citizen your American .
    Hugs Joyce
    haha. thanks urbaniak !

6. latinamaria131 said:

i know that already since the cholos i chill with are only surenos. it was the name of a dominican song and dominicans are never surenos (i've only seen them down in DDP, Trinitarios, and Blood). in that case it was probably x for por
    Acutally ive met a couple of dominican sureños.

7. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by latinamaria131 View Post
    Acutally ive met a couple of dominican sureños.
    are you serious? they're usually dark skinned, so i wouldn't figure they'd let em get down. i know none of the sur siders i know would let a black person in (just being honest, not trying to be racist)

Estrellita said:

que pasa amigos? Tengo una pregunta, my friend and i are making some shirts and we wanted to know if we put congri chilosa would that be correct? Or would it be Chilosa congri? gracias!

Zahra2008 said:

I think may be: cangri chilosa... but what you mean to say??

Estrellita said:

We were trying to say a well respected sexy girl.

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Estrellita View Post
    We were trying to say a well respected sexy girl.
    uffa, Im not so good at slangs, and Im not sure if "cangri chilosa" the appropriate sentence in such case.... maybe you can wait to someone expert can help you... someone like: BebeStyle... he is very good on it!

Estrellita said:

ok, gracias!

13. dmoney101 said:

i've never heard chilosa befoe. are yall puerto rican?

Zahra2008 said:

I was thinking about this word too, never heard it (chilosa), could be from the words "chile, enchilosa" .... if so... could be: "picante"

15. dmoney101 said:

you could say mamasota repetada (i think there's an 's' in that, but idk ckuz that's how i say it jaja)

16. bee. said:

what does "Dale" mean and what would be a close equivalent in english. DY uses that wourd alot.

bebestylee said:

Quote Originally Posted by bee. View Post
    what does "Dale" mean and what would be a close equivalent in english. DY uses that wourd alot.
    Depends on how it's being used.....Dale means like go for it or do it.

like Dale sin miedo....Do it without fear

Dale que la noche es joven.....go for it because the night is young...
    Dime cosas dulces para que cuando te las tengas que tragar, no te sepan tan amargas!!!

bebestylee said:

I've never heard of the word Chilosa before....that's new to me. I wouldn't really use the word "Cangri" to describe a female. Ladies started using that term to show that they were fans of Daddy Yankee and Nicky Jam (Los Cangris) so they called themselves Las Cangris. But Cangri means like the Man! like the untouchable...El Cangri...!!! ....But it was just used to show their loyalties to Daddy Yankee....just like now they call themselves la Jefas....because Daddy Yankee calls himself El Jefe...

but if you want to use the term...then you can simply just say...Las Cangris
    Dime cosas dulces para que cuando te las tengas que tragar, no te sepan tan amargas!!!

19. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by bebestylee View Post
    I've never heard of the word Chilosa before....that's new to me. I wouldn't really use the word "Cangri" to describe a female. Ladies started using that term to show that they were fans of Daddy Yankee and Nicky Jam (Los Cangris) so they called themselves Las Cangris. But Cangri means like the Man! like the untouchable...El Cangri...!!! ....But it was just used to show their loyalties to Daddy Yankee....just like now they call themselves la Jefas....because Daddy Yankee calls himself El Jefe...

but if you want to use the term...then you can simply just say...Las Cangris
    jaja jefa is a pretty normal word for a girl since every mexican i know calls their mom jefa

bebestylee said:

jaja jefa is a pretty normal word for a girl since every mexican i know calls their mom jefa
    you missed the point....as usual!