Spanish slang clarifications

Thread: Spanish slang clarifications

Tags: None

bedroomeyes said:

Quote Originally Posted by viciousz_love View Post
    que la que hay i think is another that i've heard used similarly to que es la que, que lo que ... etc....

okay this may seem odd.
    but was is the difference or uses of chingar/joder i know they both can be used as fcuk but also i've heard them used in other phrases i can't think of off the top of my head. it also depends on where you are too when you use it right?
    I don't think there is much of a difference in the "infinitive" form -> "chingar - joder". However the first one I have seen in different forms...

chingón- kind of like a badasss (as a noun or adjective)
    chingadera- sh**
    chingo- sh**load
    Last edited by bedroomeyes; 12-29-2008 at 06:36 PM. Reason: wrote wrong tense!

viciousz_love said:

thank you!

3. dmoney101 said:

que la que hay i think is another that i've heard used similarly to que es la que, que lo que ... etc....

okay this may seem odd.
    but was is the difference or uses of chingar/joder i know they both can be used as fcuk but also i've heard them used in other phrases i can't think of off the top of my head. it also depends on where you are too when you use it right?
    yea, k la k hay is the puerto rican equivalent to klk for dominicans.

walking_on_air10 said:

What does mellao mean?

5. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by walking_on_air10 View Post
    What does mellao mean?
    a mouth without teeth, or something to do with really tight pants on a girl. i think it's when they're so tight it shows her crack, but idk jaja

eg1218 said:

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney101 View Post
    a mouth without teeth, or something to do with really tight pants on a girl. i think it's when they're so tight it shows her crack, but idk jaja
    Mellao is definitely a slang for "toothless". I dunno about a girl with tight pants though. I remember using the slang phrase "esta fuma'" to describe a girl whose pants were so tight that she had a wedgy.

Esta fuma' literally means "she's smoked"...fuma' is a shortened version of fumada.

not sure where that came from, though.
    Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

7. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by eg1218 View Post
    Mellao is definitely a slang for "toothless". I dunno about a girl with tight pants though. I remember using the slang phrase "esta fuma'" to describe a girl whose pants were so tight that she had a wedgy.

Esta fuma' literally means "she's smoked"...fuma' is a shortened version of fumada.

not sure where that came from, though.
    it does have something to do with that because that was the whole point of the song "El Mellao" by Julio Voltio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exGTHGhDOrg

bebestylee said:

What does mellao mean?
    Mellao means someone who is missing teeth.....

But lately in Puerto Rican slang.....its a chick with a phat ***...Generally referenced with that phat *** having a wedgie..if you turn you head sideways to look at it...it kinda looks like a mouth with no teeth......

Puerto Ricans are very creative with their slang....I remember a while back they used to call thongs and g strings...Doritos....because they were in the triangular shape of Doritos....
    Dime cosas dulces para que cuando te las tengas que tragar, no te sepan tan amargas!!!

damarys said:

Creative indeed! LOL!!! Here in the states they called "whale tale" when the thong could be seen above the waist line, cause it looked like a fin. But my favorite is "muffin top", referring to the extra fat that spills over the waistband, that looks like the top of a muffin. I love it!!!

bebestylee said:

Quote Originally Posted by damarys View Post
    Creative indeed! LOL!!! Here in the states they called "whale tale" when the thong could be seen above the waist line, cause it looked like a fin. But my favorite is "muffin top", referring to the extra fat that spills over the waistband, that looks like the top of a muffin. I love it!!!
    I love me some muffin tops! lol......
    Dime cosas dulces para que cuando te las tengas que tragar, no te sepan tan amargas!!!

viciousz_love said:

what does puti mean

as in puti puerca

i know puerca means **** or slutty

walking_on_air10 said:

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney101 View Post
    it does have something to do with that because that was the whole point of the song "El Mellao" by Julio Voltio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exGTHGhDOrg
    Yeah, that's where I heard it. That makes sense. Thanks everyone

bebestylee said:

what does puti mean

as in puti puerca

i know puerca means **** or slutty
    Puti Puerca means dirty b*tch.

Puti stemming from puta....
    and puerca....meaning dirty

14. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by bebestylee View Post
    Puti Puerca means dirty b*tch.

Puti stemming from puta....
    and puerca....meaning dirty
    jajaja, and the song sounds so nice if you only listen to their tone and the beat

walking_on_air10 said:

Cuchiplanchar means to have sex, right?

16. dmoney101 said:

jajaja, saying that word made me bust out laughing. i've never heard it, but i looked it up and that's what it says it means

damarys said:

Wow! WHere is that word from??? OMG... that's so funny!

Happy New Year... by the way!

18. dmoney101 said:

yea, it sounds like coochi planter jajaja. i was rollin the first time i saw it

walking_on_air10 said:

They say it on the show 12 Corazones all the time. I just guessed the meaning cuz I couldn't find it in any dictionary, haha.

Happy New Year =D

Zahra2008 said:

yeah thats the meaning of that weird word!!
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!